PDA

View Full Version : QL trim tab template needed

Stuart
20-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Im after a template for the QL trim tab 300. I will be purchasing the trim tabs in around 1 to2 months but I need to cut and weld the backing plate onto my plate boat before paint. Can anyone help me out>

Stu

rodneyk
20-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Hi Stuart i think ive got a template at work (Arkmarine) where are you located we are geebung brisbane ph 0738654107 bh Rod;)

Stuart
20-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Sunshine Coast.

Stu

mejutty
20-06-2010, 10:16 PM
I have been looking at getting the ql 300's on my extreme 665 hardtop. I did find a pdf a while back that I can no longer find of the template. If anyone knows where I can find it that would be great. I know that I need to move my transducer mount and would like the template to work out where it needs to be moved.

Can I ask as to why your putting mounting plates on and are these required???

rodneyk
21-06-2010, 08:33 AM
STUART i have one the bst way to do it is 10mm backing plate welded to back of boat pre drill and tap mounting holes 8 off 1/4 bsw in plates only this then only gives you 1 large hole per side in your transom ( dont like drilling holes in transoms ) and use plenty of sikaflex when fitting inner plug cheers rod

Stuart
21-06-2010, 03:45 PM
I understand all that mate, thats why I need a template so all the holes are in line for when I fit the tabs.

Stu

kitty_cat
21-06-2010, 06:56 PM
ive got one in brissy but can post if you need or scan on computer if you want

White Pointer
21-06-2010, 09:24 PM
G'day,

The plate mounting is so that the hull is not perforated when the QL TTs are screwed on. This has to be dead flat otherwise you will twist the body of the unit.

Don't forget to weld in a length of conduit to each to bring the wires well up above the floor that will mean getting into the hull but it really important that hull integrity is maintained. Use plenty of sealant all over the mountings and seal around the wires.

If you are retro-fitting, put the system on a new circuit and protect the rest of the boat from it. You don't want a pinched wire knocking out other systems.

As a retrofit, this is a big day out and it has to be done properly. If in doubt, leave it to the experts.

Regards,

White Pointer