PDA

View Full Version : Mondy Crew - (State of Origin) - Ideas

NAGG
20-06-2010, 11:18 AM
OK .... The seeds are being sown :uhoh: A bit of fun for each of our gazetted gatherings

A Mondy Crew State of Origin freshwater fishing series !

Game day is the Saturday at each event

Round 1 - Borumba Bash (March)

Round 2 - Committee Meeting (June) ... Monduran

Round 3 - Somerset Sessions (July)

How to score (honesty system - measured)

1 Point (Field goal) Bass <40cm Toga <50cm Barra <80cm

2 Points (penalty) Bass =>40cm Toga =>50cm Barra =>80cm

4 Points (Try) Bass =>50cm Toga =>60cm Barra =>100cm

6 Points (Penalty try) Bass =>55cm Toga =>80cm Barra =>120cm

Now we just need to work out

*Selection criteria :-?
*Everyone that is at an event would participate - score should be divided by number of players per team :-?
*Trophy :-? - perpetual trophy - bolted to the camp kitchen wall
*Prize :-? - should we put up $5 / player / round Then used for ? Loosers shout (drinks or dinner - Sat night)
*Presentation & plaque gluing ( Mondy Muster)

Just some ideas ........ what do you think or what could make it better ?
Do we want to do it ?

Chris

Steve B
20-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Novel idea Chris!!

But who in their right mind would own up to being from NSW!!!;D

A bloke walked up to a hooker and says " I have a stange request"...."Ok" says the hooker, who has seen everything before......" I want to be dominated, humiliated and degraded"....."no problems" the hooker says, "thats $150"....."What do I get for that" the bloke replies......Hooker says "a NSW jersey";D ;D

Tropicaltrout
20-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Novel idea Chris!!

But who in their right mind would own up to being from NSW!!!;D

A bloke walked up to a hooker and says " I have a stange request"...."Ok" says the hooker, who has seen everything before......" I want to be dominated, humiliated and degraded"....."no problems" the hooker says, "thats $150"....."What do I get for that" the bloke replies......Hooker says "a NSW jersey";D ;D

Well as all NSW guys say mate "It was worth a TRY"

NAGG
20-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Just an idea Steve ...... gotta find a way of re-installing some NSW pride ::) cant get it via the footy :'(

And since we have these regular gatherings - why not create something to have a bit of fun with:)

chris

themissus
20-06-2010, 01:28 PM
You know Brian's a Queenslander dont you Chris;D ;D

NAGG
20-06-2010, 02:10 PM
You know Brian's a Queenslander dont you Chris;D ;D

Nah ..... pull the other one !

The pressure would be on then :P -

i'm not sure how the selections would look at this stage .

Cheers

Chris

Tropicaltrout
20-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Nah ..... pull the other one !

The pressure would be on then :P -

i'm not sure how the selections would look at this stage .

Cheers

Chris

Well its where ya first wet a line isnt it? so that could be tough most of Queensland are from NZ and Vicco

NAGG
20-06-2010, 03:18 PM
Well its where ya first wet a line isnt it? so that could be tough most of Queensland are from NZ and Vicco

yeh hey bro - choice ::)

You'd have to go place of birth - wouldn't ya ? After that .... dunno

snodger 08
20-06-2010, 05:14 PM

Hmmm always considered myself wearing Maroon not the big V hey :-? I'm a long way from Bendigo now Toto::)

How about where you caught your first Barra. That way some don't have to worry about the physiological pitfalls of where they were born ;D

Steve

Tropicaltrout
20-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Hmmm always considered myself wearing Maroon not the big V hey :-? I'm a long way from Bendigo now Toto::)

How about where you caught your first Barra. That way some don't have to worry about the physiological pitfalls of where they were born ;D

Steve

Yeah probably not first barra ( most would be QLD or NT) but yeah has to be where ya caught ya first fish I guess to try and keep it all fair

NAGG
20-06-2010, 06:12 PM

Steve

Steve ..... I dont know if that would work

Maybe if it was WA or NT ........ ya just dont seem to catch those barra in NSW - let alone Vic (at the moment)

its going to make a good fireside discussion next weekend:)

Chris

NAGG
20-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Yeah probably not first barra ( most would be QLD or NT) but yeah has to be where ya caught ya first fish I guess to try and keep it all fair
You're from the apple isle aren't you Nath :-?

snodger 08
20-06-2010, 06:14 PM

Looks like i'm pullin on the big V then. Redfin at lake Eppalock Central V:-?

leelee
20-06-2010, 08:25 PM
To be quite honest I beleive it has to be the state you cheer for at state of origin time.

Many people can call themselves QLD'ers but really most are just southern neighbours that have invavded SEQ and what jersey would you actually wear? A true QLD'er will wear the maroon jersey in any state and so would a NSW supporter.

Cheers

Lee

P.S Yes I am from down south;D

snodger 08
20-06-2010, 08:34 PM
To be quite honest I beleive it has to be the state you cheer for at state of origin time.

Many people can call themselves QLD'ers but really most are just southern neighbours that have invavded SEQ and what jersey would you actually wear? A true QLD'er will wear the maroon jersey in any state and so would a NSW supporter.

Cheers

Lee

Agree with you Lee. I'm one that wears the Maroon with pride even on the occasional time we loose, and I invaded 20 years ago;D

NAGG
20-06-2010, 08:45 PM

Cheers

Lee

you cant do that ..... how many would admit to being a NSWelshman :-[ ..... Yes there are a lot of transplants that call themselves a Qlder ...... but we need to keep it balanced
Place of birth - unless 20 years in Qld ..... maybe ?

I love Qld - but I'm a blue ....... besides Maroon is just a dark shade of pink ;D

Chris

Tropicaltrout
20-06-2010, 08:52 PM
You're from the apple isle aren't you Nath :-?

Thanks for reminding me man I miss the rellies :love:

NAGG
20-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Thanks for reminding me man I miss the rellies :love:

I didn't mean it in a derogatory way Nath - ya cant help your background just like you cant pick your relatives ;)

Chris

Obi _ Wan
20-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Well there you go!! :o

Even though i have been living in Queensland for 31 years i figure that i would have to be selected for NSW ;D

Yes, a big call but, even though i consider myself a Queenslander in every other aspect, the fact that i have already represented NSW in the Australian Fishing Titles seals the deal!!!!! Go the Blues, in the fishing that is, ;)

Now how does that sound???? in the Footy we have players representing QLD who were born in NSW, played their first game in NSW but have said they are QLDlanders, then we have the Polynesians, including our Kiwi brothers, i ask how can they represent either NSW or QLD in State Of Origin :-?

So i guess its goes the way anybody says they want to play/fish, i don't bloody know i'm pissed, trying to get a good nights sleep for a change! ;D

Now we have Tropicaltrout, Nath our good mate from the apple isle who the hell is he going to fish for???:-?

Then you have the Teflon coated one, where do you slot him?????:-?

We need one selector to form both sides after a quite word with each fisho ;)

Cheers & Good Luck

Johno.

leelee
20-06-2010, 11:14 PM
I think its best to nominate which team you want to fish for and then go from there.

I guess the way to seal the deal is to ask this question -

QLD : If you were surrounded by 40000 screaming blues supporters at a blues home game would you still wear your Maroon jersey (and not be scared)?

NSW : If you were surrounded by 40000 screaming maroons supporters at a maroons home game would you still wear your Blues jersey (and not be scared)?

Answering yes to one gives you the team they need to fish on. If you answered no you cannot compete;D

Also all other invaders of this great state that are not from NSW get to choose.

Cheers

Lee

NAGG
21-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Well there you go!! :o

Even though i have been living in Queensland for 31 years i figure that i would have to be selected for NSW ;D

Yes, a big call but, even though i consider myself a Queenslander in every other aspect, the fact that i have already represented NSW in the Australian Fishing Titles seals the deal!!!!! Go the Blues, in the fishing that is, ;)

Now how does that sound???? in the Footy we have players representing QLD who were born in NSW, played their first game in NSW but have said they are QLDlanders, then we have the Polynesians, including our Kiwi brothers, i ask how can they represent either NSW or QLD in State Of Origin :-?

So i guess its goes the way anybody says they want to play/fish, i don't bloody know i'm pissed, trying to get a good nights sleep for a change! ;D

Now we have Tropicaltrout, Nath our good mate from the apple isle who the hell is he going to fish for???:-?

Then you have the Teflon coated one, where do you slot him?????:-?

We need one selector to form both sides after a quite word with each fisho ;)

Cheers & Good Luck

Johno.

Thanks John

I always knew the selection criteria was always going to be a tough call - needs discussion at the CM

Just back to the real footy selections - I didn't think the Kiwi & Polynesian players could be selected unless they started their junior footy in Qld or NSW ....... :-? Some one like Benji Marshall confuses me - Kiwi born , played school footy on the gold Coast , played Aust School boys , Grade for West Tigers ....... Capt of NZ ...... hell we need him paying for the blues :P

Chris

snodger 08
21-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Lets just throw all the names of the invaders (not from NSW) in a hat and draw them out to build up the teams. Born and bred stay with that state.
We could also have an all islander team which Nath could captain;D;D;D;D::)