PDA

View Full Version : new motor

gr hilly
18-06-2010, 06:23 PM
does anyone know of a site that posts the prices of their new outboards they all rave about how good their motors are but seem shy on showing prices.cheers Hilly

marty+jojo
18-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Do what i did, work out what motor you want, call a dealer and ask for there best price then call the next dealer and ask them to beat it and so on. Although i did it at the boat show and saved hundreds.
Marty.

Pridey
18-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Thats generally the way to go. They tend not to display prices so you will go in and ask, and they can throw the sales pitch and you walk away with an outboard or whatever thinking to yourse;f..... (how did that happen ?) Same as some car dealerships. I wont even walk into a place if they dont display prices.

Even if you have to tell porkies at the end of the day to get a good price :P

trymyluck
18-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Hi
Brisbane yamaha have prices on their outboards. Don't know if they are good prices or not but its a start.

Mark

Steeler
18-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Thats generally the way to go. They tend not to display prices so you will go in and ask, and they can throw the sales pitch and you walk away with an outboard or whatever thinking to yourse;f..... (how did that happen ?) Same as some car dealerships. I wont even walk into a place if they dont display prices.

Even if you have to tell porkies at the end of the day to get a good price :P

A genuine buyer should not have to tell porkies,that's pretty poor advice really.If you are dreamer or tyre kicker then perhaps that mentality and approach is a good one.Wouldn't there be all hell to pay if the salesperson decided to reciprocate your approach:P.

Steeler

gr hilly
18-06-2010, 07:24 PM
mark i had a look at the prices at yamaha i really don't know but holy mate they are bloody excy my mrs is going to kill me but a mans got to do what a mans got to do.ill shop around a bit and maybe save a couple of bob

cheers all hilly

Salad Fingers
18-06-2010, 08:38 PM
http://www.boatpoint.com.au/showroom/engine/

gr hilly
18-06-2010, 09:12 PM
A genuine buyer should not have to tell porkies,that's pretty poor advice really.If you are dreamer or tyre kicker then perhaps that mentality and approach is a good one.Wouldn't there be all hell to pay if the salesperson decided to reciprocate your approach:P.

Steeler

Steeler i recon your spot on mate when asked for their best price they should give it i find having cash in your hand normally helps them to do just that.

cheers Hilly

TheRealAndy
18-06-2010, 09:24 PM
For a rough estime go to your newsagent and buy a copy of fish and boat mag cause they always have rrp in the back. Your local dealer should be able to better it but its a good guide to work from.

Just googled the mag I think its called fisherman and boatowner. I just call it f&b its a proper mag, not a tabloid/newspaper style one.

Steeler
19-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Steeler i recon your spot on mate when asked for their best price they should give it i find having cash in your hand normally helps them to do just that.

cheers Hilly

Hey Hilly

There is an old saying and it does not really matter which side of the fence your on either buyer or seller and that is,money talks bulls$%t walks.

I agree with a previous post,try narrowing it down to a couple of your preferred brands albeit 2 or 4 stroke and shop away from there and yes flash a credit card or cash as a deposit when discussing prices so they know you are a buyer.

All dealers look for the big " C " commitment,and i have never met a seller yet who was not prepared to do all he can once a buyer has demonstrated he is in the market to purchase not just look.

And as far manufacturers RRP well that's all they are just recommended so don't put too much credence into them.

I am sure once you have narrowed your brand preference down you will find a dealer to do a good deal. I reckon there would be heaps of dealers out there who have stock that has had a few birthdays and would be keen to shift some.

Good luck with it buddy.

Steeler