PDA

View Full Version : Brytec Trailer Lights

Ratman
17-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Hi,

Have any of you blokes had any experience with these submersible led trailer lights.

http://brytec.com.au/files/202%20Series.pdf (http://brytec.com.au/files/202%20Series.pdf)

My imported lights (Viking???) are slowly loosing leds and won’t last much longer.

Mick

fez
17-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Mick,

Better off getting the ones with either 7m or 9m of cable the ones with the short cables need joining under water and salt water will eventually find it's way in and corrode the wire.

fez

RJ5023
17-06-2010, 08:58 PM
They look exactly the same as the two sets I had fitted to my last trailer. Two sets in 18 months, and a third set supplied as replacements by the seller (after the first two sets burnt out) but I never fitted them. Sold with the boat.

If they're the same units I wouldn't touch them - but I can't remember the maker of the ones I had, so maybe these are better. My experiences with LED's - including on my new trailer (failed after 4 months) have not been good.

I'd fit submersalights if I could start again. I think LED's are overrated and unreliable. My last set of submersalights lasted 5 years.

Bit like these damn energy efficient globes in the house. Crap light quality, cost 5 times as much and don't last any longer than the old incandecent ones did.

Cheers,

Pridey
17-06-2010, 10:08 PM
Never used those ones before.
Did just swap over to L.E.D brand strip leds on the tray of the truck.
(sick of cracking covers and I do a bit of fording too. )

So far so good.

White Pointer
17-06-2010, 10:16 PM
G'day,

I have no vested interest in brands but I have Trojan lamps bought from Repco on both boat trailers and they work. One set is 3 years old and other set is 1-year old.

They might be a bit more expensive but all I want is an easy life at 03:00AM when I want to get out early - over and over.

Regards,

White Pointer

purnong
17-06-2010, 10:19 PM
I'd fit submersalights if I could start again. I think LED's are overrated and unreliable. My last set of submersalights lasted 5 years.

Bit like these damn energy efficient globes in the house. Crap light quality, cost 5 times as much and don't last any longer than the old incandecent ones did.

Cheers,

I'm with RJ on this, I had submersalights on my last boat trailer that were there trouble free for seven years
My current trailer has led's and when they go, submersalights will be going in there place for sure

oldboot
17-06-2010, 10:38 PM
cheap LED stuff like cheap compact fluros are just not worth it

there are some good quality LED products out there ...stick with those.

I know it is an aside........... but I have had a good trot with the philips compact fluros......23 watt cool white:thumbup::thumbup:

cheers

Ratman
18-06-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the comments gents.

I called Brytec this morning and they now have leads that run to what ever lenght you need. The only joins would be for the side/clearance lamps.

See how I go.

Cheers,

Mick

Rowdy_2002
18-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Gday Mick
I just replaced a set of these that was on the boat trailer I just purchased. The LEDs were not all working correctly and sometimes they would start to sequence. This was probably a fault with the internal controller.
Now have a new set from Repco "LED Autolamps" Cost $105. They are also for sale on Ebay at 87 inc postage as I have since found

They work a treat.

White Pointer
18-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the comments gents.

I called Brytec this morning and they now have leads that run to what ever lenght you need. The only joins would be for the side/clearance lamps.

See how I go.

Cheers,

Mick

G'day,

The joins for the side/clearance lamps are often the problem. Once water gets into these joins the harness corrodes and its all over.

The side/clearance lamps should have a harness that reaches to the female plug at the very end of the trailer.

Anything else is second best and false value, in my opinion.

Regards,

White Pointer