PDA

View Full Version : Wide loads

team_mongo
17-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Guy with oversize boats,

Just figuring out what is required.

The way I understand it is I download the permit off the website (220-TH-09) and have in the car, pop on flags, sign and flashing light and away I go.

Is this right?

Where can I source the flags, sign and light from?

george

Spaniard_King
17-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Try The truck mobs like Gibbs truck parts

cormorant
17-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Watch out for any time of day and local road restrictions. Rules are state based so be aware that going over a border new rules apply as far as I can work out.

Check with your insurer as well. Couple of mates have had odd responses once they informed the insurer that a permit was required as they said it wasn't covered in normal insurance for the tow vehicle or boat , trailer package.

Check your overhangs and rear lights and so on as if a copper or inspectors pull you over they will know every last rule and will measure if they made the effort to pull you over in the first place, check running lighsts for obstructions, dirty flags - the works. We were originally overlength unless we trimmed motors down and unknowingly overheight for many years by a very small amount after new mount on the cabin roof..

You may become a target to go over the weighbridge so know your loadings exactly and tow vehicle specs as some coppers fine first and ask for explaination later.

Penalty are huge $$$ so get it right.

http://hyway-store.com/index.php?target=categories&category_id=1621

pilchardjones
18-06-2010, 06:28 AM
george,
my understanding is same as yours.
steve

Mr Chopalicious
18-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Do you have the shop called a "Mans Toyshop" where your from, if so i think from memory they carry all the signs, flags, lights that you will require....if not it's a good excuse to buy more tools.;)