PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Cat or Motors

trymyluck
17-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi spotted this and thought if you wanted a couple of cheap 4 strokes or a cheap cat that this would be worth looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/20ft-shark-cat-/120583744936?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Boat_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1359eda8

Almost seems too cheap.
Mark

Jarrah Jack
17-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Perfect boat to just leave down Portland way permantly to go out chasing those big SBT's. Troll all day with those motors very cheaply.....In a perfect world......

Flex
17-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Weird, that seems obscenely cheap considering those outboards are brand new.
Basically a free boat, unless there is something wrong with the boat..

julian1
17-06-2010, 09:18 PM
seen the boat numerous times, have not seen it up close but from reports the hull needs a little work but its not stuffed. Yes motors have not done alot of work so its a cheap boat for $20k, shame its not a good shape model

Apollo
18-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Go on Mark, you know you want to. Would look good sitting near you other big project!

Jarrah Jack
18-06-2010, 09:14 AM
seen the boat numerous times, have not seen it up close but from reports the hull needs a little work but its not stuffed. Yes motors have not done alot of work so its a cheap boat for $20k, shame its not a good shape model

Out of interest what is wrong with the shape?

Noelm
18-06-2010, 09:21 AM
that one is an early model, the "shape" as such is fine, but the windscreen is way forward and causes some drama with water over the front, they were also very roughly finished, with no comforts at all from new, that one looks like it may be a std shaft but has XL motors fitted, but it may just be the angle of the photo of course, but at that price I guess you are getting the hull and trailer for free. Might be a good one for centre console conversion!

FNQCairns
18-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Reads a crazy cheap! i guess these things happen...possibly he is asking only 2k more than the his best trade in offer???

Yep I would buy it-if i was allowed to touch it for 2 hours and all of the paperwork checked out...basic old hull problems can be planned to be have at later.

julian1
18-06-2010, 11:10 AM
that one is an early model, the "shape" as such is fine, but the windscreen is way forward and causes some drama with water over the front, they were also very roughly finished, with no comforts at all from new, that one looks like it may be a std shaft but has XL motors fitted, but it may just be the angle of the photo of course, but at that price I guess you are getting the hull and trailer for free. Might be a good one for centre console conversion!

i think Noel, that it may be foam filled, which could spell disaster on something that old, i know its had some work done. If you want me to go and have a look let me know as yes it would be a good centre console conversion, with the engines already done !

cheer's

Julian