PDA

View Full Version : Permatrim position in water

Tezza Lamb
15-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Gents

I have just fitted a permatrim to my 30hp Yamaha.

Should the permatrim be running out of the water?

At the moment the permatrim can not be seen on WOT....I'm thinking its to low.

Any info on this would be great.

Cheers

trueblue
15-06-2010, 06:53 PM
when the motor is trimmed out at WOT, you will often see the foil

STUIE63
15-06-2010, 08:14 PM
yes the cav plate should be out of the water on the plane .

Luc
15-06-2010, 08:23 PM
After fitting my permatrim, I needed to lift the engine 2 stops. I would move it up one then try it out and if needed lift it again.

The permatrim was not above the water at WOT.

Luc

dreemon
15-06-2010, 08:24 PM
The permatrim helps best at low speeds to get the boat on the plane, bacically when it's on the plane its not needed and if its in the water to much it;ll only slow your top speed but can help in handleing in some boats "Not all"

Had one on my 4.1 tinny with 40hp worked great so I kept it and put it on my 90hp cud cabin, I raised it with 20mm square tube alloy to get it higher out of the water when at higher speeds to reduce drag, seems about right now and very happy with it, Cheers

Tezza Lamb
15-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks Guys

I will adjust my motor up one hole and see how that goes. I have lost a bit of top end speed so hopefully it will help.

Cheers

geoffmck
15-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Mate, I have one fitted to my 40hp Yamaha on my 4.1m tiller steer tinny and I cant see it at WOT and that is after lifting my motor 2 holes as well.

It does not seem to create any drag though and I have not lost any top end speed.

It must be just hidden by the spray.

dreemon
16-06-2010, 07:21 AM
On my tinny I raised the transom 70 mm with welded alloy to get the height I wanted (very quick tinny @ 64 kph) and with the cuddy it's up as high as it will allow without drilling more holes, thats why I raised the foil on mine.