PDA

View Full Version : Which ramp? Tannum or Gladstone

Flex
15-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Planning on heading out to Fitzroy/boult maybe up to heron for a look
Having never been to either Which is the preferable place to launch? safety wise, ease of access etc.

I notice gladstone gives you a few more km of protected water to travel in but is one better than the other?

Cheers..

Whitey81
15-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Tannum is tidal unless something has changed since i last used it. Tannum has good ramp and pontoon. Gladstone can be a little slimey and not alot of ramp left at dead low on the big tides. I would go Gladstone if new to the area but caution is still very much need if using North Entrance.
Cheers
Whitey

Mark Kroning
16-06-2010, 05:45 PM
If you are going to fish Boult & Fitzy the best place to launch is 1770! This is the closest and you don't have to worry about tides.

perko
16-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Or maybe Turkey Beach. Good ramp, navigation lights to get in and out at night, and all tide access on all but the lowest low tides. Alot better there and 1770 than the other 2 options.

Flex
16-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys, Im towing my rig from Emerald so I figured Gladstone would be closer and easier for me. Meeting my bro from brisbane, so making him drive the extra distance)

WHats the best and safest ramp in gladstone?

Am I better off forgetting Boult/fitzroy and hitting Sykes/broomfield? or much of a muchness?

cheers

FishCQ
16-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Yacht club boatramp in gladstone would be my pick

Shagles
16-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Yep. Yacht club ramp in Gladstone would be the go, stay closer to the air sea rescue building at low tide. 2nd lane in from asr is the only lane to use on big outs, you will run out of ramp otherwise. Be careful its sssssssssslippery!!! And dont park on any yellow lines, or Anna will leave you a note on your windscreen!!!