PDA

View Full Version : My new boat finally

Argle
12-06-2010, 11:07 AM
After what seemed like forever (but was about 10 weeks really) my new Haines Signature 580BR was delivered yesterday! After grovelling to the boss for a day off it was down to the dealer to check her over then off to Manly to launch her and see what she could do. To say I am rapt would be a major understatement.
Having never had anything other than two strokes on previous boats let me say right now I am a four stroke convert! The 175 Suzy is soooo quiet,smooth and grunt! It is effortless. The ride and stability is excellent, there was maybe half a meter of chop to begin with and the boat just ate it up like it wasnt there. Although I was taking it a bit easy a quick squirt of throttle saw 40 knots pretty easily with heaps more up her sleeve! This is my second Signature and I am very happy with my choice, I did look at other boats but always seemed to keep coming back to this one. Fitted a Lowrance HDS5 sounder/plotter which is a huge step up from the old x-35! It will take a bit of playing to get the most out of it but what I have seen so far has impressed me!
Looking forward now to spending plenty of time on the water with the family enjoying our new toy which we have named "The Diva"
Attached a couple of pics - the bimini is folded down into the cockpit in the photos so you cant see it, the skipole comes out and the baitboard goes in its place when its fishing time.

Cheers
Scott
ps did I mention I love my four stoke Suzy???!!8-)

swabio
12-06-2010, 11:16 AM
looks awesome mate

bigjimg
12-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Niiiiiice would go like the clappers with a 175 behind her.Be aware that they will dip the bow in a following sea if if you get abit throttle happy,not so bad in mine but yours would be interesting for those up front.Interesting that mine is only rated to 150hp,they must have re-rated the hull at some point.It's getting a bit chilly at night,have you slept in it yet.............or at least a beer or3 in the driveway.Jim

Argle
12-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah Jim, it will get better as it loosens up they tell me too. There has been a beer or two already;D
I sit behind the screen so the spray wont affect me;)
It does seem strange that they only rate the 580F/C at 150 and 175 for the BR, not that Im complaining8-)

Cheers mate

bigjimg
12-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Also Scott I put two 12inch concave keel rollers on my trailer as the bow rubbed on the cross members when launching and retrieving.You will know if it is doing it as the hook at the bow will jump over and let you know.Jim

Jarrah Jack
12-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Very nice looking rig ther Argle. Its amazing getting into a boat like this from a smaller rig and seeing how they handle the chop, makes you want to get out there for more I guess. The Zuks are a sweet motor,. How did it go for economy you reckon?

Rodpal
12-06-2010, 12:31 PM
nice one Argle happy days ahead man

cheers rod

Argle
12-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Jack, the difference 3 feet in length and about a foot of width makes is unreal, not too sure as to the economy yet but I think it will probably use less than the old 2 stroke 90hp I had on the old boat......with twice the horsepower!

=Wookie=
12-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Nice boat, you will get plenty of fun out of that.

Wayne_Red
12-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Thats one sweet looking boat Scott, congratulations
Wayne

NTMID8
12-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Great looking ride mate and a stepup from the 492, what made you go with the bowrider?

Scott Mitchell
13-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Congrats on the new rig Argle -The team at The Haines Group do build beautiful boats 8-)

Regards Scotto

Rodman
13-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Mate nice boat
I see you have it mounted on a dunbier trailer beaware of the tyres on the trailer if they are dunbier brand then they may give you trouble as my tyres started to bubble at the side walls

Ken

Daisy Burnett
13-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Nice Scott really nice. I hope you have a lot of fun in her.

Daisy

Angla
13-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Very Hot looking bit of kit

Cheers
Chris

Tim_N
13-06-2010, 12:42 PM
That is one sweet weapon, congrats.
Tim

tony2dogs
13-06-2010, 06:45 PM
. The ride and stability is excellent, there was maybe half a meter of chop to begin with and the boat just ate it up like it wasnt there. Although I was taking it a bit easy a quick squirt of throttle saw ...... it, the skipole comes out and the baitboard goes in its place when its fishing time.

Cheers
Scott
ps did I mention I love my four stoke Suzy???!!8-)

Nice work Argle. Yep sold on the Suzy.

I haven't read your posts but it looks like you dont mind wetting a line. Can you upload a pic of your layout and interior? Very very nice boats but I would struggle with making a mess of the boat as I have done in the past in my old tinnie (usual fishing mess + mangroves, creeks & minor scrapes).

I'm very interested in what is the stability at rest and listing angle is like when you toss a few blokes on one side?

I ask because I'm down to a Bluewater Alloy Bow Rider and Bar Crusher CC's at the moment. Bar Crusher CC had very little list and was very stable, sold on that. Bluewater had an outstanding ride and track sold on that too. Both as wet and as dry as you would expect.

Argle
13-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Great looking ride mate and a stepup from the 492, what made you go with the bowrider?
Yeah mate a big step up for sure, the 493f was and is a great boat, but after owning it for 10 years I decided that I wasnt using the cabin at all other than throwing stuff into that only had to be climbed over to access the hatch to go forward so it was really wasted space.
I am also into skiing and have two young boys that are getting into it as well and the bowrider offered a lot of room that was usable most of the time. My style of fishing is not overley serious and the boat will more than cater for what I want to do within the bay/pin Hervey Bay regions that i usually fish. The other thing was that my wife was VERY keen on a bowrider and getting her tick of approval for an outlay of this sort was pretty important!! Overall I am stoked with the boat!

cheers
Scott

Argle
13-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Nice work Argle. Yep sold on the Suzy.

I haven't read your posts but it looks like you dont mind wetting a line. Can you upload a pic of your layout and interior? Very very nice boats but I would struggle with making a mess of the boat as I have done in the past in my old tinnie (usual fishing mess + mangroves, creeks & minor scrapes).

I'm very interested in what is the stability at rest and listing angle is like when you toss a few blokes on one side?

I ask because I'm down to a Bluewater Alloy Bow Rider and Bar Crusher CC's at the moment. Bar Crusher CC had very little list and was very stable, sold on that. Bluewater had an outstanding ride and track sold on that too. Both as wet and as dry as you would expect.

Tony, havent really had it long enough to give a really good report but so far the stability seems excellent although its only been myself and the family (wife and two kids). I dont know if the interior would really suit the style of fishing you are looking at - carpet and nice trim etc, although it would blow the tinny into the weeds for performance - horses for courses as they say. I will see if I can round a pic of the interior up for you and post it up anyway

Good luck with your choices! Just get a Suzy, did I mention I love mine? ;D :P

Cheers
Scott

Argle
13-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Congrats on the new rig Argle -The team at The Haines Group do build beautiful boats 8-)

Regards Scotto

Thats for sure Scotto, this is Haines #2 for us, keep an eye out for us up your way later this year!

Cheers
Scott

Argle
13-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Mate nice boat
I see you have it mounted on a dunbier trailer beaware of the tyres on the trailer if they are dunbier brand then they may give you trouble as my tyres started to bubble at the side walls

Ken

G'day Ken, thanks for the tip mate. I have been following a few reports on these from guys like bigjimg and a few others like yourself who have had that same problem, apparently there was an issue with a batch that has since been rectified, I will nonetheless be keeping a close eye on them.

Thanks again

Cheers
Scott

honda900
14-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Argle,

Great looking boat, stoked with the Zuke I gather, hint hint on the layout photos.

Regards
HOnda.

Argle
22-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Finally got around to getting a couple of interior pics the lounge comes out for fishing duties and the skipole gets taken out and baitboard dropped in.I spent the weekend cruising around the pin and broadwater with the family - did I say I love my Suzy? ;D

Cheers
Scott

odes20
22-06-2010, 04:07 PM
So what size prop did you end up with on the 175 ?
John
I have one of these motors

Argle
22-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Hey John, I have been meaning to send you a pm about that - The boat is currently getting a couple of minor scratches fixed up that occurred prior to delivery, I will check the prop when I get it back and let you know.......I have a feeling its a 19" or a 21" but cant remember for sure-whatever it is, it seems very well matched with the engine and hull.

Cheers
Scott

odes20
22-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Yep Id say its a 21 at least otherwise it would be revving out too far on your particular rig.
I get 1.8 kms per litre on my 6 metre Yalta Odessa cruising anywhere between 4200 - 4500 rpm , so I reckon you will probably do better than that.
They truly are a sweet motor
Cheers
John