PDA

View Full Version : My Bass Cat Pantera II - 200hp ProV

Astro
11-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Please Delete

matt fraser
11-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Nice rig! looks like it would fly. What year model is it? I looks like its a few years old?

There are a couple of Bass Cats on the Bream and Bass circuit now, and they are fast boats. Aloha boats on the Gold Coast brings them in. I had a good look over Craig Simmons' at Somerset. They have a lot of nice features and extra touches in comparison to other American bass boats. Plus they look the goods.

Matt

krill
12-06-2010, 12:39 AM
I want my mouse click refunded. This thingza mono! :-)

deckie
12-06-2010, 03:01 AM
I want my mouse click refunded. This thingza mono! :-)
Me too..but easy fixed mate...dont let that stop u making an offer.
Pick up this one then grab another.
Turn upside down, rip out the silly seats and kiddy dashboards then cut and glass in two large bathtubs upside down between the hulls.
Cut out transoms, drink 100 bottles of coke, screw the caps back on and throw in ...then glass in 3 X 15mm ply thickness right across the back. Getting some decent freeboard is a bit tricky but multiple layers of 6mm bendy ply glassed around will do the job, with some 100mm ally C section screwed on for a gunwhale.
Sand, Paint and add Burley Bucket...presto !!
Modifying the trailers to a single can be a bit trickier and best left for a pro i reckon.

I just dont understand these boats at all..or the blokes that use them. Ugly looking and useless silly yank things. Just add stickers, talk like Billy Ray Cyrus on holidays and discuss catching a little fish like its is a science or artform of some sorts. Punch the sky when u've skull dragged a bream onboard then bolt at 60 knots over where the fish actually are to the next spot. Get windblasted, wet as a shag, trip and fall overboard twice, stand on and snap your favorite rod then hit the twin trumpet horns when u get back to the ramp...only to find out you've been well and truly outfished by a coupla locals in a v nose punt tinnie and 20hp tiller chrysler. Take her home and polish, two more stickers, pay $1K for a tiny egg beater reel (coz billy ray recommends them) and spend another $3K on more electronic crap that promises a much prettier picture.

Gotta get me one of these things :)

MyEscape
12-06-2010, 05:11 AM
So deckie,

you're not impressed or "it's not real fishing" to you

Each to their own I guess.

The bloody thing must fly!

Steve

marto78
12-06-2010, 06:45 AM
Me too..but easy fixed mate...dont let that stop u making an offer.
Pick up this one then grab another.
Turn upside down, rip out the silly seats and kiddy dashboards then cut and glass in two large bathtubs upside down between the hulls.
Cut out transoms, drink 100 bottles of coke, screw the caps back on and throw in ...then glass in 3 X 15mm ply thickness right across the back. Getting some decent freeboard is a bit tricky but multiple layers of 6mm bendy ply glassed around will do the job, with some 100mm ally C section screwed on for a gunwhale.
Sand, Paint and add Burley Bucket...presto !!
Modifying the trailers to a single can be a bit trickier and best left for a pro i reckon.

I just dont understand these boats at all..or the blokes that use them. Ugly looking and useless silly yank things. Just add stickers, talk like Billy Ray Cyrus on holidays and discuss catching a little fish like its is a science or artform of some sorts. Punch the sky when u've skull dragged a bream onboard then bolt at 60 knots over where the fish actually are to the next spot. Get windblasted, wet as a shag, trip and fall overboard twice, stand on and snap your favorite rod then hit the twin trumpet horns when u get back to the ramp...only to find out you've been well and truly outfished by a coupla locals in a v nose punt tinnie and 20hp tiller chrysler. Take her home and polish, two more stickers, pay $1K for a tiny egg beater reel (coz billy ray recommends them) and spend another $3K on more electronic crap that promises a much prettier picture.

Gotta get me one of these things :)
Hey Deckie you just dont understand do you mate!! ::)
Its not just a fast boat its a whole different life style ;D ;D
&feature=related (http://&feature=related)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_R1aBoRAAY&feature=related

PinHead
12-06-2010, 06:50 AM
deckie..you left out the shirt with all the sponsors' names on them..you cannot fish properly without one of them.

deckie
12-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Hey Deckie you just dont understand do you mate!! ::)
Its not just a fast boat its a whole different life style ;D ;D
&feature=related (http://&feature=related)[/url][url]&feature=related
;Dyepp thats the bloke we need to find for this thing.
To get the most out of it someone needs to pass a 10pt identity check...made up from any of the following...

1. Two christian names (5pts)
2. Owns a silver 4wd ute with plenty of tubular alloy and big f'off bullbar (5pts)
3. Argues that a certain brand of fishing reel is better than another (3pts)
4. Likes to says the word "spinnerbait" a lot (3pts)
5. Tackle supplier name on shirt (3pts)
6. Huffs and puffs a lot when skull dragging a 500g bream or bass (4pts)
7. John Deere baseball cap (6pts)
8. Pretends he goes pig shooting but doesnt even own a gun (4pts)
9. Every fish he ever caught was sheer brilliance on his part (3pts)
10. Once bought a Ktel "5 min abs" machine (4pts)
11. Wishes he owned an F250 or similar (3pts)
12. Front row of any new american lure demonstration at a boatshow (4pts)

He's out there somewhere...he's been a regular admirer of mind numbingly stupid yanks and their even more ridiculous "punts with big donks" ;D

My dear ole grandad once told me..."Son...if you want a boat dont buy a skateboard"
DANGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Astro
14-06-2010, 05:27 PM
LOL, thanks all for the possitive feedback

Astro
08-07-2010, 01:48 AM
Hi Matt,

Cheers

Are you sure these Bass Cats were registered in QLD? I support QLD transport and Main Roads IT hardware and when I went to register the boat and trailer I had to get them to make a new entry into their system for Bass Cat. Not only Bass Cat Pantera, but no other Bass Cat has been registered in QLD before, this is the first one to ever be registered in QLD, same as the trailer, Bass Cat trailers did not exist.

Yeah the new 09, 10 Bass Cat Pantera's are an awsome boat, but they are alot more expensive. this is 1/3 for basically the same boat :D. And goes just as FAST

Nice rig! looks like it would fly. What year model is it? I looks like its a few years old?

There are a couple of Bass Cats on the Bream and Bass circuit now, and they are fast boats. Aloha boats on the Gold Coast brings them in. I had a good look over Craig Simmons' at Somerset. They have a lot of nice features and extra touches in comparison to other American bass boats. Plus they look the goods.

Matt

dreemon
09-07-2010, 05:38 AM
;Dyepp thats the bloke we need to find for this thing.
To get the most out of it someone needs to pass a 10pt identity check...made up from any of the following...

1. Two christian names (5pts)
2. Owns a silver 4wd ute with plenty of tubular alloy and big f'off bullbar (5pts)
3. Argues that a certain brand of fishing reel is better than another (3pts)
4. Likes to says the word "spinnerbait" a lot (3pts)
5. Tackle supplier name on shirt (3pts)
6. Huffs and puffs a lot when skull dragging a 500g bream or bass (4pts)
7. John Deere baseball cap (6pts)
8. Pretends he goes pig shooting but doesnt even own a gun (4pts)
9. Every fish he ever caught was sheer brilliance on his part (3pts)
10. Once bought a Ktel "5 min abs" machine (4pts)
11. Wishes he owned an F250 or similar (3pts)
12. Front row of any new american lure demonstration at a boatshow (4pts)

He's out there somewhere...he's been a regular admirer of mind numbingly stupid yanks and their even more ridiculous "punts with big donks" ;D

My dear ole grandad once told me..."Son...if you want a boat dont buy a skateboard"
DANGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

LOL Deckie can you repeat all that using " Dr Phills " voice?