PDA

View Full Version : Remote controlled outboards

finga
01-06-2010, 06:33 PM
I was just cruising through the classifieds and come across an ad from Gary advertising a 10hp remote controlled outboard....from Honda of course.
Well I'll be buggered. How good is that?? ;D
How remote controlled is it Gary??
It would not be remote steering would it??

What other motors out there are remote controlled...and how much is remote controlled??

My poor, simple mind is going all whacko with the possibilities of a remote outboard.
I could put one in 'Junior' and be Capt Courageous from the front.
Imagine to look on peoples faces seeing a boat go past with no skipper (so to speak) ;D.
Oh.....another thought...I should be teaching Pongo the pooch to sit in the skipper's chair. It'll be just like that insurance ad...Rexy!!! where's Rexy??.

I'm all flustered now. I better go and eat some tea (the meal not the drink you dopes).

PinHead
01-06-2010, 07:11 PM
dunno about remote control outboards but IPS powered boats are awesome to manouvre..watched a bloke with a 12m cat one day..came in close to the dock..he stepped off and then with the joystick brought the boat in perfectly while he stood on the dock..it is amazing stuff.

snodger 08
01-06-2010, 08:49 PM
I can see it now... a wrist control for the minkota on one arm and another one for the etek on the other arm. Be a bugger if I got em mixed up tho hey.

Spaniard_King
01-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Oh yeah, go on pick on my mistake... funny thing is I can't find the Bl@@dy edit button for the add :P

finga
02-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Oh yeah, go on pick on my mistake... funny thing is I can't find the Bl@@dy edit button for the add :P
Oh, your kidding me aren't you?? :'(

I was already talking to the cook about updating the little 15hp. ::)

Bugger, bugger and double bugger :-[

That 10 would be near as quiet as an electric for trolling...and with an electric start...woohoo. ;D

I'm gutted now with nothing to look forward to. :'(