PDA

View Full Version : The highest of accolades to Spaniardking

goona
30-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Hi All,

I’d like to take the time to spread the news on a great service I have recently had from Garry (Spaniard King) from GD Marine Services. I asked for a full and complete service and what I received was in my opinion far greater than that. It was all the extra advice thrown in whilst carrying out the service that really impressed me.
When Garry said I can watch I immediately thought wow how many techs would let you do that.
Sure he did the normal oil changes, plug changes etc but it was the extras that really impressed me. Things like how to remove water from the secondary fuel bowl under the cowl and in the fuel reservoir after the secondary bowl. How to transport the motor whilst towing, how to store the motor whilst at home, the computer read out of which had shown the motor had never been to WOT due to incorrect throttle installation (Can’t wait to see how it goes now), replaced 2 recalls that were recalled back circa 2003 (Don’t know why the previous services didn’t pick this up prior to my purchase) and even dropping a part that required replacing to my door the following Saturday. He even adjusted all the tappets and explained how the VTEC system worked and how I should drive/use the motor revs wise. Garry in my opinion has done a fantastic job and I would rate him and his service as one of the best companies I have every dealt with and I deal with multiple companies on a daily basis. He will even come to your door which in my books is also a god send not having to hook the boat up and tow it to a marine dealer. I would thoroughly recommend him to any one and I am sure you will be impressed. I would also like to state that I have no affiliation and didn't even know of Garry prior to seeking a reputable outboard mechanic right here on Ausfish as per my post previously.
Goona

Jarrah Jack
30-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I just wish he was in my area, he would get three motors straight away. You blokes must keep him pretty busy.

finding_time
30-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Goona

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! He'll get to busy if you keep plugging him like that, lets just keep his awesome service a secret hey!

Ian

Steeler
30-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Yep.Lookout SK with a recommendation like that i can see a 7 day on 7 day on working roster ahead of you.

Steeler

patrol50
30-05-2010, 09:07 PM
yea i will add that garry recently serviced and changed a water pump impeller etc on my 50 hp merc efi at home and he did an excellent job and i learnt quite a few things from him by hanging around and watching him - great to see a class tradesman at work - he also has my full confidnece and recommendation
best rob

Heath
30-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Yep! Certainly knows his shit! Thats for sure.

ifishcq1
31-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I agree and I get Garry's help from 700kms away cheers

Spaniard_King
31-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Thanks Tod,

Your Welcome Mate :)

finga
31-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Yep! Certainly knows his shit! Thats for sure.
Knows Honda's and boats too. :)

frankgrimes
31-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Yep - If your on the goldie/bris area you'd be mad not to use him....pretty sure a few boys from sunny coast even tow there rigs down to goldie to get them serviced by Garry....does a fantastic job,

Mick

Mindi
31-05-2010, 07:36 PM
yep it was Garry who identified my VST problem for free on Ausfish..... I am lucky to have a pretty good Yammy locally but if not I wouldnt hesitate to drive the 250km....whats 3 hours each way once a year for getting your motor right..? no brainer I reckon...wouldnt hesitate.

Ninja
31-05-2010, 10:56 PM
A well deserved plug. He gives me more confidence in my motors when offshore.;)

Timfishin4fun
01-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Thanks Tod,

Your Welcome Mate :)

And a humble man at that.

Soak up the rap Garry you deserve it.

Tim

CCDrifter
01-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Yep I will happily join the line of thanks as he has saved my arse on :o and off the water a few times.

Nathan

TheRealAndy
01-06-2010, 02:13 PM
My 50hp yam 4stk needs a bog standard service at the moment? Whats the damage on that normally? Sounds like its worth changing to a new mechanic!

bugman
01-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Sorry Andy,

You're too far away - leave Gary to us "Southerners"8-)

business class
01-06-2010, 03:56 PM
While were all at it, i am another who cant speak highly enough of Garry, ONLY mechanic i use and will ever use! as no one has a service like he does;D . Also helped me out with the entire fitout of my new boat from bait pumps to electronics, and is an absolute profectionist. So he also knows much more then just engines.......;)

Cheers
Matty

Dean1
01-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Yeah Gazza's not a bad guy, how many mechanics fine tune your'e 620 Furuno, adjust throttles, give you a can of engine cleaner and even give you a few marks with a service!!

Keep up the good work Garry theres not many of us left ;)

Deano..

Kleyny
01-06-2010, 08:53 PM
How far north do you go Gary?

neil

Spaniard_King
01-06-2010, 09:04 PM
How far north do you go Gary?

neil

I have done outboard work as far north as Rainbow Beach, but I now have a client with a set of new Yamha F250's on a 30Ft Noosa cat (They are being fitted this week) his boat will be stationed up at Turkey Beach so I will be travelling up there. Some people are just willing to pay the travel fees

Greg P
01-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Garry - I think you should tow the endencraft up to 1770 and sleep in it to save money on accommodation for your customers ;);)

Well done on the accolades mate - good to see one of the good guys getting their due

Cheers

Greg

Kleyny
01-06-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm not that far up I'm only in Caboolture.

neil

samsnap
02-06-2010, 04:17 PM
I'm in Albany Creek & need a Service on my Yammy - why can't we organise a few of us on the Northside of brisbane to make it worth his trip - or get a common area big enough?? Anyone got a shed?? If he's that good I'm in - Ideas Andy/Honky etc??
Sammy

Spaniard_King
02-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Sam Is on the money,

It makes it worth my while for 2 services to come to the north side.

TheRealAndy
02-06-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm in Albany Creek & need a Service on my Yammy - why can't we organise a few of us on the Northside of brisbane to make it worth his trip - or get a common area big enough?? Anyone got a shed?? If he's that good I'm in - Ideas Andy/Honky etc??
Sammy

I am good to go when ever. I am at boondall. Will send you an email with my details garry, and perhaps whenever Sammy is ready to go I can book in with him.

goona
02-06-2010, 08:31 PM
I am good to go when ever. I am at boondall. Will send you an email with my details garry, and perhaps whenever Sammy is ready to go I can book in with him.

Ok I am good a year from now so if all you guys get serviced now then we can all get a service this time next year. PM me your phone numbers and I will plug it into my diaries and call next year (Sounds so far away) Sorry Garry but it looks like there is at least 4 of us so you might be sleeping in bris vegas

Goona

batto65
11-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Hey guys I am new to the site having just got back into off shore fishing after a few years lay off. I would just like to thank Garry as he has just serviced and given the new (2nd hand) boat a major once over and I could not be more happier with his efforts as many others have already said he really does go above beyond what you are used to as far as customer service goes. He has given the Honda 225 a clean bill of health. So peace of mind off shore for me is the result. It was the reading of this thread that led me and my other half to use Garry for the pre purchase and the above mentioned.
Regards
Noel & Donna