PDA

View Full Version : Undersize fish

004dam
30-05-2010, 06:40 PM
So today was fishing and this guy anchored near me i was using soft plastics he was using some form of bait. " oh blah wont catch anything here using them its all about bait". saw him pull in a bream yells out looks like i have dinner. The bream would of no where near been the 25cm legal requirement but he keeps it anyway. 10 minutes later yells out looks like we have another pulls in a small flathead i called out how big he replied 33cm. he kept it again... so i said you know there ment to be 40cm nowadays. " not in my books" he took know notice and threw it in his bucket..

What do people normaly do in situations like this? is there a number you can call to get the fisheries out ?

Lucky_Phill
30-05-2010, 06:49 PM
http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_12647.htm

Keep the rego numbers and be specific on Location, time, date and any conversation.

LP>

gr hilly
30-05-2010, 06:54 PM
thats what we have to do every time make sure we police under size fishing.
hilly

004dam
30-05-2010, 07:16 PM
http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_12647.htm

Keep the rego numbers and be specific on Location, time, date and any conversation.

LP>

Thanks i stored the number in my phone.

hooknpull
30-05-2010, 07:40 PM
pricks dont deserve to have a boat licence

snodger 08
31-05-2010, 03:56 AM
Jease the bloke cant have much of an appetite. Not much chewin in a 33cm Flatty

samsnap
01-06-2010, 12:22 PM
I have got myself in many a blue on the shorncliffe & Woody Point Jetty - I see it as almost a sport now to yell at the D!@K h@#@s that keep undersized fish - I even keep a pocket size guide for those who like to argue the point (in several languages - the wonder of the internet!!) I have been even know to tip a bucket load of undersized fish over the rail once in a hissy fit at a "little overseas man". Man they P!$$ me off. Phone number & info now stored in phone - maybe a better approach me thinks :)
Rant over Sammy xx

Whitto
01-06-2010, 01:08 PM
pricks dont deserve to have a boat licence

Pound to a pinch of Shite, he doesn't have one.

philb@woody
01-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Offer to take their picture as a momento, ask them their details so you can get the pic to them. Write down their rego make the report ;D

skull666
02-06-2010, 08:34 PM
So today was fishing and this guy anchored near me i was using soft plastics he was using some form of bait. " oh blah wont catch anything here using them its all about bait". saw him pull in a bream yells out looks like i have dinner. The bream would of no where near been the 25cm legal requirement but he keeps it anyway. 10 minutes later yells out looks like we have another pulls in a small flathead i called out how big he replied 33cm. he kept it again... so i said you know there ment to be 40cm nowadays. " not in my books" he took know notice and threw it in his bucket..

What do people normaly do in situations like this? is there a number you can call to get the fisheries out ?

should go and see if he can swim, piss you of dont they. my bro threw in a bucket off under size ones and the non english speaking gentleman off the spit entrance it was beautiful8-)

ashh
03-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Offer to take their picture as a momento, ask them their details so you can get the pic to them. Write down their rego make the report ;D

haha! thats bloody gold! love it! ;D

gr hilly
03-06-2010, 09:36 AM
ive done the same of the sandpumping jetty and the little fella with black hair nearly went in afterwords he had half a 20 ltr bucket of under sized my brother gave him a bare hug so i could look and chuck and the little bugger went off we just walked away as he picked up his bucket and went to leave but greg (my brother )chucked his two rods in the drink.

hilly

timddo
03-06-2010, 01:29 PM
ive done the same of the sandpumping jetty and the little fella with black hair nearly went in afterwords he had half a 20 ltr bucket of under sized my brother gave him a bare hug so i could look and chuck and the little bugger went off we just walked away as he picked up his bucket and went to leave but greg (my brother )chucked his two rods in the drink.

hilly

You guys are just asking for trouble. If someone gave me a bear hug while they emptied my bucket of legal fish. Usually bear hugs are used to rob a person. You will end up in the drink.

I was once told the mud crab in my bucket was illegal when it was 15.7mm :o Male buck. Best way is to show them the rules, explain and use a ruler. If they don't understand get the authorities in.

As for throwing other peoples rods in the drink. This is what i would do. Give you a bear hug and call the police. Guess who would have a bill. Ur lucky they didn't use violence against you. Coz i probably would::)

gr hilly
03-06-2010, 05:39 PM
The Fish Were Under Sized And He Could Understand English And He Was Warned Twice
Hilly

skull666
03-06-2010, 07:20 PM
You guys are just asking for trouble. If someone gave me a bear hug while they emptied my bucket of legal fish. Usually bear hugs are used to rob a person. You will end up in the drink.

I was once told the mud crab in my bucket was illegal when it was 15.7mm :o Male buck. Best way is to show them the rules, explain and use a ruler. If they don't understand get the authorities in.

As for throwing other peoples rods in the drink. This is what i would do. Give you a bear hug and call the police. Guess who would have a bill. Ur lucky they didn't use violence against you. Coz i probably would::)
most of them pretend they dont speak english but will tip thier own catch over the side when they see the authorities coming they know they just dont care

hungry6
03-06-2010, 08:06 PM
To all of the people here who claim to be model law abiding citizen. Catching undersize fish is breaking the law and should be condemn, but bear hugging someone and have their fishing gear dispose of over the side is also breaking multiple laws, if anything the laws you just broke carry "recorded criminal record" I would say that's far more serious offences. Abit ironic don't you think?
If it make you warm and fuzzy by turfing people gear and fish over the side, please stop. I really want dont want to read the default actions in the papers one day, from a moment of madness from both side.

Pridey
03-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Hate seeing undersize fish taken. What are they doing, grinding them up to make fish patties ?!

Love watching buckets go over. Have a mate that has a thing for it. Can get dicey at times. However its not too bad up here. I think I know why though. Our popN isnt terribley diverse.

Angla
03-06-2010, 10:05 PM
You would not want them to pull a knife on you. Your bucket throwing may become insignificant

Cheers
Chris