PDA

View Full Version : Haines Hunter 575 Profish Vs Tourament 1900 Bluewater

hhb470
29-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi,
I have almost made my mind up with my new boat purchase, at this stage it looks like a Haines Hunter 575 Profish with either a 150 Etec or 150 Yamaha 4 stroke.
I am 90% sold on the boat but still tossing up on the motor, (different dealers)- $ is about the same.

However, I cannot get out of my head the value for money that the Tourament (ex Mustang brand) 1900 Bluewater Cuddy (with a 150 Etec) offers - a few more standard features over the HH for basically the same price.

Has anyone got any "first hand experience" with either boat?
I am really open with engine selection as my application, 40-50 hours a year general fishing and cruising, is no big deal.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks.
Nick

robothefisho
29-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Have experience with a 580 Breeze, from my understanding that is the same hull as the profish series but with a different top deck? The 580 must be one of the best riding hulls around that size on the market and loves HP so you have made the right decision to go 150's. I can't speak highly enough of the 580 and with 150hp will do 50mph minimum.

I haven't had any experience with the 1900 bluewater aside from having a look at them. I would say they would be more stable than the HH at rest. I have been out in the 1750 model and it went well so the 1900 would be much better again i imagine.

If it was me I would choose the Profish with the yamaha. Based on, my experience with the 580 breeze and the fact for resale people want 4 strokes. And the 150 yam is a sweet motor.

beemacstood
30-05-2010, 11:36 AM
I've been looking at the same boats as you and will likely choose between a 575 profish and a 580c signature.

went out on the 1900 bluewater. Very good and particularly at rest. Im no expert however. It doesnt have the same finish as the haines and there is a really strong marketing drive right now to sell the boats - which is likely to effect resale down the track. for this reason im going with the haines. like choosing between a Toyota and a Jeep. You get more fruit with the Jeep but 5 years later you are glad you chose the Toyota. (im not bagging Jeeps! - I have one).

Next step is getting a good deal. I have no idea whats a good price on the Haines. The profish seems far less than the signature so i'm leaning that way.
Would be interested to know what you have been qouted for the Profish :-X Dealer suggested a 140hp over a 150hp to save some $$ - but not sure about that.

hhb470
30-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Hi,
Well after an very exhaustive investigation with
1) what is available in the market place.
2) what suits me and
3) what I can afford -I have finally made up my mind.

To be quite honest I am glad I have finally made a decision as I was getting sick of the process, the sooner I get it the sooner I can enjoy it!

All boat/motor combinations have their pros & cons but I have selected a Haines Hunter 575 Profish with a 150 Etec. I am now in the process to negotiate a purchase. I currently have a 90 Etec so I am familiar with the technology and performance. Ideally I want to purchase from one dealer for the boat & motor but at times this ideal combination may not suit or be available locally (price is a consideration also). The alternative is to purchase the boat from one dealer and have the motor fitted by another, I am also investigating an interstate purchase.

Thank you all for your public and private words of advice.

Cheers,
Nick

Kill Bill
30-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Check you PM's ;)

Angla
30-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Hi,
Well after an very exhaustive investigation with
1) what is available in the market place.
2) what suits me and
3) what I can afford -I have finally made up my mind.

To be quite honest I am glad I have finally made a decision as I was getting sick of the process, the sooner I get it the sooner I can enjoy it!

All boat/motor combinations have their pros & cons but I have selected a Haines Hunter 575 Profish with a 150 Etec. I am now in the process to negotiate a purchase. I currently have a 90 Etec so I am familiar with the technology and performance. Ideally I want to purchase from one dealer for the boat & motor but at times this ideal combination may not suit or be available locally (price is a consideration also). The alternative is to purchase the boat from one dealer and have the motor fitted by another, I am also investigating an interstate purchase.

Thank you all for your public and private words of advice.

Cheers,Nick

Have you looked at either a Cruisecraft 575 Explorer or Outsider. I have the 575 Outsider with 135 Optimax and find the motor more than adequate although I may have preferred a 150 for the bit of extra top end speed. I do get 35 knotts out of it and would probably find it hard to use more on most days out if I had more speed.
Are you not looking at these options due to performance dealer availability or $

Where is your home ramp at?

Cheers
Chris

hhb470
30-05-2010, 05:16 PM
hi chris,
i live in melbourne.
we only have 1 cc dealer here who has just taken over cc about 12 months ago.
cc make a fantastic boat.
in fact an old friend of mine is a national manager for cc based in qld so i am more than familiar with the product.
unfortunately (for me) they are just a tad too expensive.
in victoria cc (due to limited exposure) are not as widely known compared to their home state of qld.
cheers,
nick

wrxhoon
30-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Nick ,

If I was you I would buy the lot as a package from the same dealer.
By the way there was a 1900 tournament stolen in Sydney today she could turn up interstate somewhere.
I hope its ok with mods to post the link, if not you can delete.

http://www.sydneyangler.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=196927#post196927

hhb470
30-05-2010, 06:44 PM
yes, ideally i want to buy the whole package from one supplier but if a dealer(s) do not supply the desired motor then you have to "split" the overall purchase between 2 dealers - or buy interstate to achieve desired outcome.
cheers,