View Full Version : One for Noel

John Buoy
26-05-2010, 04:49 PM
here ya go mate is this what ya been chasin ;D

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=7927345

Regards Frank

Noelm
27-05-2010, 08:22 AM
I have been and had a look at that one, and a guy from QLD came down as well, but it has been cut to bits and modified, resprayed and god knows what else, bit of a shame really, I thought I was onto one for a while, but mind you I guess after all these years it will be hard to find one that is original

cormorant
27-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Note to everyone - if you do up a boat take a full portfolio of photos to show prospective buyers the extent and quality of work done as it will add value if done right and can be shown it was all done. Attach a diary of all materials and professionals used and you will get your money back.If not everyone just thinks it has a good paint job and won't trust it.

Like Noel I like original things I can bugger up rather than someone elses work you have to redo.

I didn't know they did em in 93 so I just learn something. How many do you reckon were made and what years as I see very few on the water?

Noelm
27-05-2010, 10:33 AM
not too sure of the year on that one, Sharkcats do tend to get a few years taken off their real age (kind of like women) and I agree, if there was some sort of proof that it was done to improve the boat, rather than cover up some sh!t, don't know exactly how manyw ere made, but the numbers are not huge, a bit before their time I guess, I thought they only made them 'til the very late 80's but I could be wrong (as usual)

Noelm
27-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Just to add about the mods done to boats, on that particular one, the owner knows very little about it, so he bought it like that (I assume) the guy who came down from QLD (he contacted me after) also said he asked some questions and the owner was a bit reluctant to offer any info, why is anyones guess. He asked about fuel use, and the owner said $50 a day, now is that a day at the shelf, a day Flathead drifting, he could get any more info from him, mind you fuel use is not an issue for me (well not a huge issue)

cormorant
27-05-2010, 11:55 AM
After buying and selling a lot over the years , cars , bikes , boats , machinery some sellers are just like that and honest and others are just outright crooks. Hard to tell . especially when they do't open up, and I don't like to feed them too much info as it just means they give a "correct " answer to the next bloke as they then know what to say.

Like you - if I can't see photos that identify the work , the boat ( yep seen sistership photos used by crooks) and prove that it was done properly my pricing is that it didn't happen as i don't care about pretty boats I wan't one that I know has good bones.

Some blokes are just poor salesmen- rather them than the "good "salesman but you stll have to make a decision on what you see. You have to put up with a lot of tyre kickers - especially if you can't qualify the bones of the boat

Anyone know where the top mould and console mould is resting at the minute. Would be nice to use it on a couple of clapped out standard hulls around the place?. Go on buy it and take a mould off it!!!!!

John Buoy
27-05-2010, 12:03 PM
I have been and had a look at that one, and a guy from QLD came down as well, but it has been cut to bits and modified, resprayed and god knows what else, bit of a shame really, I thought I was onto one for a while, but mind you I guess after all these years it will be hard to find one that is original
Petty in the photos it looks half decent. :(

Noelm
27-05-2010, 01:05 PM
it is OK, don't get me wrong, and maybe the guy is quite honest, just not too boat minded, but I would just prefer on original one, even if it is ratty and needs work, I would be more than happy to either do it myself, or pay to have it rebuilt and maybe even repower, I am just not too keen on something that has been extensively modified by an owner before the one that is selling it.