PDA

View Full Version : Rod storage Targas

dnej
24-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Would like to know who has rocket Launchers installed on a targa, yet dont use them. If not, why not.

David

Dantren
26-05-2010, 08:19 AM
bump.......

dnej
26-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Come on your guys and Girls. Fes up. Who doesnt use there rocket launchers out there.
David

GBC
26-05-2010, 11:20 AM
All right I'm not a fan of launchers in small boats, because they are a long pendulum arm that causes damage to both gear and boats.

That's all fine for me to say because I've got a centre console with more storage than most.

For half cab owners they're pretty much a necessary evil with the amount of gear people insist on taking these days.

dnej
26-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks GBC.
My brother wouldnt have one for any amount of money. Says they are a nuisance when fishing.
My need is two fold, as I want to attach a pivot point up high on the targa, for a bimini,the front of which will normally be above the screen, but will pull down to the top of the screen in a blow.
Similar to Bar crusher.
David

Out-Station
26-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Dave, i have small hard top over my C/C with RL's accross the rear edge, probably @ about 50-60 degrees. Being a smaller size platey my old rig does certainly jump around a bit if there any sort of chop/sea running and i can hear the rods rattling around a bit above my head. The above being said, apart from a few marks on the bottom duralons/hypalons i have never had any damage though. Being a big wide centre console i have a heap of vertical storage accross the console front, I find myself prefering launcher the option given i prefer the rods to be high and dry and cop a bit of jiggling rather than copping the odd bit of water over the reals as they do in fron't. Shits me walking around the fron't of the console all the time as well.

stinky-stabi
26-05-2010, 01:36 PM
my reels always gettn smashed together so i use a occy strap and tie as tight as possible