PDA

View Full Version : Kirra Street - Pinkenbah Boat Ramp Closure

Mossy247
20-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Just for those who may not be aware the boat ramp has been closed down as the job site near the entrance to the boat ramp are expanding their entrance to allow larger trucks on site therefore will be doing asphalt work on the Kirra Street entrance and as apart of that they are going to re-do the car park for the boat ramp. I was told last Sunday by one of the workers but also read it in the local rag.
Cheers,
MoSsY247

Jurkyjj
22-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Looks like Colmslie and Whyte Island are going to increase in numbers then.

Oh well, plenty of room and water for everyone!

Jason.

Lucky_Phill
23-05-2010, 10:29 PM
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/KirraRampA.jpg

This is the proposal.

Obviously, no fishermen or folks that actually use a ramp was consulted.

If you want a bigger pic, email me or visit the Port of Brisbane Corporation website.

LP

Mike Delisser
30-05-2010, 06:39 PM
I hope they put up some signs that say the boat & trailer parking spaces are for boats and trailers only. There'd be a dozen cars without trailers parked there having lunch every day.

Hell Boy
30-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Were is the floating pontoon? it would be welcome on the brisbane side of the ramp.

SeaHunt
31-05-2010, 11:11 AM
Were is the floating pontoon? it would be welcome on the brisbane side of the ramp.
Unfortunately idiots do bright things like lighting fires on pontoons in the middle of the night.
But I agree it needs something.
On the odd occasion I did use it I would would back the trailer down onto the sand on the Ocean side of the ramp and load the boat there, from the plans it would appear that will not be possible now.
It is a crap ramp and the one at Whyte Island is too at low tide.

SimonT
08-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Does anyone know if this is open again yet?

Cheers,
Simon

oldboot
08-09-2010, 04:24 PM
I don't know who is pushing the agenda, but it seems all the councils are intent on turning all boat ramps into some sort of park & picknic area.

They don't seem to grasp that a boat ramp is a piece of transport infrastructure, and function should not be sacrificed to install picnic tables, trees and useless grass.

And they seem to do all thay can to encourage other people to use the area, resultig in conflicts in parking needs.

I recon boat ramps should be kept as unhospitable to non boaties as possible.

So we go from a god forsaken un maintained dust / mud hole, to some sort of girly park.

just a neat surfacing job and a toilet block would have been just fine.

remember the stuff above high water is council responsibility, the ramp/ pontoon/ jetty stuff is state government/ transport/portauthority responsibility.

I hope they are not going to instal one of those self cleaning anti pedophile toilets like down at colmslie.....every time I have gone there it has been broken

cheers

PinHead
08-09-2010, 04:42 PM
I don't know who is pushing the agenda, but it seems all the councils are intent on turning all boat ramps into some sort of park & picknic area.

They don't seem to grasp that a boat ramp is a piece of transport infrastructure, and function should not be sacrificed to install picnic tables, trees and useless grass.

And they seem to do all thay can to encourage other people to use the area, resultig in conflicts in parking needs.

I recon boat ramps should be kept as unhospitable to non boaties as possible.

So we go from a god forsaken un maintained dust / mud hole, to some sort of girly park.

just a neat surfacing job and a toilet block would have been just fine.

remember the stuff above high water is council responsibility, the ramp/ pontoon/ jetty stuff is state government/ transport/portauthority responsibility.

I hope they are not going to instal one of those self cleaning anti pedophile toilets like down at colmslie.....every time I have gone there it has been broken

cheers

a lot of the ramp and parking areas were State Govt controlled and some by the Port Authority. The ones under the Port Authority (Manly, Scarborough, Whyte Island etc) are now under State Govt. The Govt has signed quite a few of the ramps only over to the local councils with the Govt retaining control over the other areas. eg parking areas.

Mike Delisser
08-09-2010, 05:11 PM
cheers

Anti pedoplile toilet broken??????? I hope they fix it soon!!!!!

PinHead
08-09-2010, 06:59 PM
LMAO MIke..now that is a good one.

oldboot
08-09-2010, 08:33 PM
a lot of the ramp and parking areas were State Govt controlled and some by the Port Authority. The ones under the Port Authority (Manly, Scarborough, Whyte Island etc) are now under State Govt. The Govt has signed quite a few of the ramps only over to the local councils with the Govt retaining control over the other areas. eg parking areas.

Manly, scarborough and white island are all on port authority developments and are not council responsibility.

wellington point, raby bay, victoria point, redland bay, the carpark and all above high water facilities have always been council responsibilty....including the retaining walls I understand.

and this is the case with the majority of boat ramps as I understand it.

and here is a typical example.....it is illegal to take kite surfing equipment onto the wellington point reserve ( they instituted a ban wen a kite surfer ended up in a fig tree in the muddle of the picnic ground)..... but they cant do a damn thing about kite surfers below the high water mark...because that is state durisdiction.

Damn dangerous things that seem to have no respect for colision regulations, or speed restrictions.

Oh that fancy electronic toilet is a stupid thing.....for example it wont allow the door to stay shut more than a certain length of time.....so what happens if someone has serious business to attend to......does the door open with the customer still sitting on the throne with their trousers down.

Anyway, stupid expensive thing

At least with a normal shitter, there is not much any plumber or cleaner cant fix.

cheers

MickThe
08-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Agreed......... question was is it open again yet?? I suppose not yet then......?

It's painful as a northsider when u just want a few hours out, paying that toll twice just to get across to Colmslie etc.

Cheers

Mick.