PDA

View Full Version : All credit to Ausfish for bringing back col

tin can marlin
19-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I would have to say well done to Steve and the team at Ausfish for letting col advetise his new Brand Origin boats on Ausfish. After everything that has happened people including Ausfish and a lot us have said hey whatever happened happened and now we have to move on. So welcome back Col and i will poping around soon for a chat about your future plans as you have always been good to me. Mark:wink: :wink:

finga
19-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Yep, Good on Col for having a crack at it again.
I truly hope everything works out well.

I just wished his (and Leisure imports) banners would not go across my computer screen.
I thought that's why I pay a subscription...to stop the advertising.

PinHead
19-05-2010, 04:48 PM
It'll cost ya a carton to get in there..actually cost me 2...LOL

charleville
19-05-2010, 06:12 PM
I wonder why the Origin "Genesis" looks so much like a Stabicraft?

http://img.skitch.com/20100519-rr6cnp6d21jj6su6a5gmcceyif.preview.jpg (http://skitch.com/charleville2/drgjt/page-1)
Click for full size (http://skitch.com/charleville2/drgjt/page-1) - Uploaded with plasq (http://plasq.com)'s Skitch (http://skitch.com)

Does that mean that it is a pontoon boat?

bluefin59
19-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Col at ORIGIN did some great work on my bluefin and i am more than happy with the quality of his workmanship . When or if i get sick of the fin he would be getting my business for sure , a custom boat isnt that far away and he would get the job ...matt

White Pointer
19-05-2010, 09:35 PM
I wonder why the Origin "Genesis" looks so much like a Stabicraft?

http://img.skitch.com/20100519-rr6cnp6d21jj6su6a5gmcceyif.preview.jpg (http://skitch.com/charleville2/drgjt/page-1)
Click for full size (http://skitch.com/charleville2/drgjt/page-1) - Uploaded with plasq (http://plasq.com)'s Skitch (http://skitch.com)

Does that mean that it is a pontoon boat?

G'day,

Two good questions.

Does it look like a Stabicraft? Yes, quite a bit in the line of the hull but this is because it is built in flat sections, not progressive curves. So the shape is familiar.

Is it a pontoon boat? Yes, but don't take my word for it. Visit the website for more information: www.originboats.com.au (http://www.originboats.com.au)

Regards,

White Pointer

charleville
20-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Is it a pontoon boat? Yes, but don't take my word for it. Visit the website for more information: www.originboats.com.au (http://www.originboats.com.au)

Ah yes - now I see from the website that I was looking at the gallery and that there are specs elsewhere on the site.

No prices though. How is it likely to stack up in price against a Stabi, please? Because Stabis are produced on a less bespoke basis than for a normal plate boat builder, I am assuming that they would have volume/learning curve price advantages.

Hunt-N-Gather
20-05-2010, 03:38 AM
With all the marine businesses closing their doors almost weekly,its good to see one opening up for a change.
So good luck to the owner Richard and his staff as your probably going to need it. :thumbsup:

finga
20-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Who's Richard??

Oh am I glad to see the 4X4 brought back from the past.
Mate, your going to sell a lot of those buggers. Absolutely brilliant they are.
Anyone considering a boat in the 4-4.5m range should be looking at one of those.

http://www.originboats.com.au/owners/images/stories/igallery/origin_4_x/large/IMG_4680.jpg
http://www.originboats.com.au/owners/index.php?option=com_igallery&view=gallery&id=7&Itemid=54

spelchek
20-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Yep, Good on Col for having a crack at it again.
I truly hope everything works out well.

I just wished his (and Leisure imports) banners would not go across my computer screen.
I thought that's why I pay a subscription...to stop the advertising.

Just an FYI, finga - Firefox web browser plus the 'Adblock Plus' plugin will get rid of any ad banner you wish it to on any website.

Originboats
20-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Ausfish Members
Thanks to those that have expressed encouragement to Origin Boats.
Being a new company I thought I would provide a quick response for those that may be wondering, who is Origin Boats.
Origin Boats was formed in late 2009 to develop a range of custom plate alloy boats from 4m to 10 m. The Company ownership structure includes myself and two others, all having extensive, long term backgrounds in business, accounting, marketing and sales. The goal of Origin Boats is to produce the best plate alloy boats in Australia and provide 100% customer satisfaction.
Col Svensson with 30 years experience is the master boat builder. He brings to the Company a wealth of design and construction expertise. He is leading a team of dedicated tradesmen producing state of the art designs, techniques, quality control and innovation to produce the best product for our customers.
We have already completed some boats and have a few nearing completion that we will be posting on here for you to see what we are doing with our new 2010 models.
We have invested in sponsoring Ausfish and look forward to providing service to any members that may need assistance with their boating requirements. Please give Col or myself a call or PM if you would like any further information.

Regards
Richard

nigelr
20-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Actually charleville there would be nigh on 1/2 a dozen builders of boats that look like Stabis, they are called pontoon boats, RIBS etc etc.
Senator, Aqualine, Kiwicraft just some from NZ, and Ocean Cylinder, Ocean Craft, Typhoon, Aztec and now Origin from Australia, just off the top of my head.
Quite a popular design concept, those Kiwis are quite ingenious at times!:rolleyes:

charleville
20-05-2010, 09:38 AM
We have already completed some boats and have a few nearing completion that we will be posting on here for you to see what we are doing with our new 2010 models.

Thanks for this.

Do you have a showroom or display area at which the already completed boats can be looked at, close-up, please?

JB
20-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Great to see, looking forward to lots of photos of the new boats.

GBC
20-05-2010, 10:11 AM
I would have to say well done to Steve and the team at Ausfish for letting col advetise his new Brand Origin boats on Ausfish. After everything that has happened people including Ausfish and a lot us have said hey whatever happened happened and now we have to move on. So welcome back Col and i will poping around soon for a chat about your future plans as you have always been good to me. Mark:wink: :wink:

Gee, THAT was subtle.............

I for one have been happy without the "heres a boat we built this week" and other forms of spam posts we've been subjected to in the past.:wink::wink:

There's two sides to every coin and I'm glad you know which side you're on.

All I know is that there's been a lot of angst caused, and a lot of threads locked and the common denominator is that person.

I wish them all the best and good luck with it all - just keep the advertising in the banners, and OFF the boards IMHO.

tin can marlin
20-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Gee, THAT was subtle.............

I for one have been happy without the "heres a boat we built this week" and other forms of spam posts we've been subjected to in the past.:wink::wink:

There's two sides to every coin and I'm glad you know which side you're on.

All I know is that there's been a lot of angst caused, and a lot of threads locked and the common denominator is that person.

I wish them all the best and good luck with it all - just keep the advertising in the banners, and OFF the boards IMHO.
Why has there always got to be somebody who puts in there big negitive Col has done a lot of good things for people over the years so if i want to give him a small leg uo by saying good on him for a haveing another crack. I should be able to this without people saying it is a big sales campain for there company it is a good old fansioned pat on the back.

Jarrah Jack
20-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Originboats wrote..".We have invested in sponsoring Ausfish "

I thought that Ausfish was just taking your advertising and sponsorship is for footy teams and the like.

Can anyone help with this anomoly?

charleville
20-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Can anyone help with this anomoly?

Yeah. Sure. This is the way that you spell it ... "anomaly".

Heheheh! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

(Sorry, I just could not help myself! I have always been such a literalist - eg when the doctor tells me to strip to the waist, I take off my trousers. :grin: )

I guess that when people say "sponsorship" when they really mean paid commercial advertising, it is just the same as someone saying that "onions don't agree with me" when they really mean that onions make them fart a lot.

ie it sounds more genteel. :grin:

davez104
20-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Is that the case? I have no clue as to the situation on this particular forum, but on others businesses advertise for a price as well as donating 'sponsorship' money to help keep the site running. Maybe this is what is happening here?

Dave.

Jarrah Jack
20-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks for that Charlie..now you know why I never made it as an english teacher.

This thread started off as a thank you to Ausfish for advertising Origin...Now it seems we should be thanking Origin for sponsoring Ausfish.

Is this what they call "spin" ?

Hunt-N-Gather
20-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Ausfish Members
Thanks to those that have expressed encouragement to Origin Boats.
Being a new company I thought I would provide a quick response for those that may be wondering, who is Origin Boats.
Origin Boats was formed in late 2009 to develop a range of custom plate alloy boats from 4m to 10 m. The Company ownership structure includes myself and two others, all having extensive, long term backgrounds in business, accounting, marketing and sales. The goal of Origin Boats is to produce the best plate alloy boats in Australia and provide 100% customer satisfaction.
Col Svensson with 30 years experience is the master boat builder. He brings to the Company a wealth of design and construction expertise. He is leading a team of dedicated tradesmen producing state of the art designs, techniques, quality control and innovation to produce the best product for our customers.
We have invested in sponsoring Ausfish and look forward to providing service to any members that may need assistance with their boating requirements. Please give Col or myself a call or PM if you would like any further information.

Regards
Richard

Thanks Richard
But I'm still a little confused as to who owns Origin Boats!
For the sake of clarity
I did a search and yes their is 3 names associated with the business but nothing about your Col Svensson.I have a copy of a letter that was circulated and it would seem some Ausfish members received one as well http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=157683 (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=157683)
However i find it a bit misleading as he promotes the business as his own?
You have already stated that you are one of 3 so who are the other 2? and are they Ausfish members ? at a guess and looking at the posts would i be correct in saying posts number 5 & 6 have a hand in the company?

Steeler
20-05-2010, 04:32 PM
For the life of me i don't see what all the HOO HA is over who owns the business.Who owns it,who cares.

If you like there boats and want to buy one,buy one.

If there boats don't tickle your fancy.don't buy one.

Surely more important things in life.

Just my thoughts

Steeler

Hunt-N-Gather
20-05-2010, 04:43 PM
For the life of me i don't see what all the HOO HA is over who owns the business.Who owns it,who cares.

If you like there boats and want to buy one,buy one.

If there boats don't tickle your fancy.don't buy one.

Surely more important things in life.

Just my thoughts

Steeler

Sorry you feel that way but I'm trying to establish some credibility before i hand over my hand earned.
So if its OK with you i would like to know who I'm actually dealing with without any smoke and mirrors.:wink:

Steeler
20-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Then why not meet and greet in person surely that would be the best way to satisfy any concerns you have or you could always pay the admin fee and get a copy of the paperwork from ASIC.

Tangles
20-05-2010, 04:50 PM
why dont you ring them or pm them and ask.

steeler beat me to it;D

Hunt-N-Gather
20-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Then why not meet and greet in person surely that would be the best way to satisfy any concerns you have or you could always pay the admin fee and get a copy of the paperwork from ASIC.

Did the ASIC search,thats why I'm asking the question.
Meet Richard when he worked part time for Col at Fisher but never got around to signing up.
Gee wiz you guy's your acting like they have something to hide, I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to know!
If they are going to advertise here on Ausfish I believe we all have a right to know the facts.
Isn't that what this forum is all about,discussion?:undecided:

PinHead
20-05-2010, 05:16 PM
do you ask for the names of every board member and shareholder of News Corp before you buy a Courier Mail..never heard of anything so ridiculous to be honest.

I could not tell you the names of any of the owners of the businesses I have bought boats and cars from..it means nothing. Plenty of companies have completely silent partners and therefore no issue with their name being mentioned.

AND.. I have a lazy K that says you are wrong about posts 5 & 6..you interested ??

Matt76
20-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Why has there always got to be somebody who puts in there big negitive Col has done a lot of good things for people over the years so if i want to give him a small leg uo by saying good on him for a haveing another crack. I should be able to this without people saying it is a big sales campain for there company it is a good old fansioned pat on the back.

While I wish the company the best, I can understand where GBC is coming from, there were a few uncomplimentary rumours going around (which I am sure 99% are crap which is usually the case) I reckon most people would love to hear a few more actual facts before handing over hefty deposits or even putting an origin on the list of possible boats.

Col actually built a boat for us a few years ago and I have nothing but praise for it, so on a manufacturing point of view I'm sure there would be no issues whatsoever.

Hunt-N-Gather
20-05-2010, 06:02 PM
do you ask for the names of every board member and shareholder of News Corp before you buy a Courier Mail..never heard of anything so ridiculous to be honest.

I could not tell you the names of any of the owners of the businesses I have bought boats and cars from..it means nothing. Plenty of companies have completely silent partners and therefore no issue with their name being mentioned.

AND.. I have a lazy K that says you are wrong about posts 5 & 6..you interested ??

Hey Pin Head
Sorry if i seem to be asking ridiculous questions but i have my reasons.:undecided:
I haven't got a lazy k but I'm willing to bet a carton that W.P. is on the team ,possibly the accountant.
I'm off to work now so will catch up tomorrow ,so do we have a bet?:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :rolleyes:

bluefin59
20-05-2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks Richard
But I'm still a little confused as to who owns Origin Boats!
For the sake of clarity
I did a search and yes their is 3 names associated with the business but nothing about your Col Svensson.I have a copy of a letter that was circulated and it would seem some Ausfish members received one as well http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=157683 (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=157683)
However i find it a bit misleading as he promotes the business as his own?
You have already stated that you are one of 3 so who are the other 2? and are they Ausfish members ? at a guess and looking at the posts would i be correct in saying posts number 5 & 6 have a hand in the company?

My dear H&G you have a vivid imaginationi will have some of that bet as well as pinhead , I am only a very satisfied customer who's boat Richard and col worked on .You on the other hand seem to have a hidden agenda , go and have a look at my thread on the work origin did on my bluefin , let's not turn this thread into something it isn't ...Great work from ORIGIN BOATS let's hope they continue to build legendry boats H&G p.m me and you can send the money direct to my bank.....MATT

finga
20-05-2010, 06:15 PM
While I wish the company the best, I can understand where GBC is coming from, there were a few uncomplimentary rumours going around (which I am sure 99% are crap which is usually the case) I reckon most people would love to hear a few more actual facts before handing over hefty deposits or even putting an origin on the list of possible boats.

Col actually built a boat for us a few years ago and I have nothing but praise for it, so on a manufacturing point of view I'm sure there would be no issues whatsoever.
If people are worried about deposits then they should be making sure a good contract is written.
If there is a good, written guarantee of money's returning if something goes sour or unto wart (other then the customers need for that boat) then what's to lose??
Integrity of the hulls is known to be quality workmanship as you have mentioned.

So if in doubt with any contract for anything (not just a boat from Origin) you need to make sure it's a beauty...even if it costs you a few bob getting a solicitor to read it.

Alchemy
20-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Personally I couldn't care less who owns the business. As long as I get what I expect in terms of product and quality is all I'm really interested in. Given Col is heading up the building team then I am confident that this will be the case.

So far as past rumours, that is what they are. Unless one knows something to be factual, then they remain rumours.

I also like the threads on boat builds. Whether they be from Origin, Bluewater (really liked Daz's) or other builders/owners and whether they be plate or glass. They give me ideas on how to do it better next time. If you don't like them, then don't click on them. Pretty easy really!

As for the title of this thread, I think it is a bit of a wank. I reckon if I paid the going rate to advertise here, then you'd all be looking at Dodgy Dave's Boats ad too :cool:

Good luck to Origin Boats, perhaps that would be a better title?

Regards,
Dodgy Dave.

charleville
20-05-2010, 08:24 PM
If people are worried about deposits then they should be making sure a good contract is written.
If there is a good, written guarantee of money's returning if something goes sour or unto wart (other then the customers need for that boat) then what's to lose??

Whilst monies might be recoverable eventually, the time delay and uncertainties that can occur if a business goes belly-up can be distressing.

I have no concerns that Hunt-N-Gatherer does desktop research before meeting the principals if he were a potential customer. It makes good business sense, and indeed is a standard academic research process, to do desktop research as a first step to doing anything.

At a time when we have seen multiple boat building and retailing business fold and the regular hue and cry from people who have big deposits at stake, caution is fine, to my way of thinking.

For some reason, boat builders seem to rely on buyer deposits for their working capital and no trust fund arrangements seem to apply as they would if people were buying a house, so caution is fine IMHO.

As they said in "The Godfather", it is not personal; it is just business.

Originboats
21-05-2010, 10:57 AM
"ORIGIN BOATS” is the registered trading name of A.C.N. 139372080 PTY LTD, limited by shares and the Company is a single entity. The Members (owners) of the Company are Craig Lee, Stephen Minslow and Richard Pozzey. The Members of the Company hold equal shares. The capital injected by the Members is paid up share capital, not loans.

The Company, at its first Extraordinary General Meeting elected Richard Pozzey to the position of Managing Director because Richard works in the Company on a day to day basis and has long standing experience and success in management of small business. Craig Lee was elected to the position of Chairman of the Board because of his experience in small business and his more recent and continuing experience as an executive in multi-national and Australian Companies. Stephen Minslow holds the position of Company Secretary and Public Officer and has 40 years of experience in manufacturing, finance and logistics in the private and public sectors, which continues. Craig Lee and Stephen Minslow are non-executive Directors. They do not work in the Company and do not draw remuneration

The Board of the Company, at its first Board meeting formed Committees to oversee the affairs of the business. These are the Risk Management Committee, the Remuneration Committee and the Product Development Committee. This last Committee, which should be of most interest to AUSFISH members is crewed by Col Svensson, Richard Pozzey and Craig Lee.

The Company has retained providers for accounting and legal services who give advice to the Board.

ORIGIN BOATS has enjoyed a successful business start up. Repairs and refurbishment of boats provided quick cash flow and helped us to employ staff while setting about the business of developing tooling for new designs for the EVOLUTION and AXIS series as well as the unique 4X4 series and the GENESIS series and getting our first boats completed. Col Svensson has been the driving force behind these new designs and the very detailed tasks of prototyping and tooling development. Origin has a number of boats under construction and a number of future orders confirmed. These include two boats to be built for the Qld Government.

The owners, employees and Directors of ORIGIN BOATS are proud of what they have achieved so far. We are committed to customer service, integrity in design, product quality and excelling as a builder of built-to-order custom aluminium plate boats with a range that meets all major market segments.

Further inquiries about ORIGIN BOATS corporate structure should be addressed to me stephen.minslow@bigpond.com (stephen.minslow@bigpond.com) or PM me on AUSFISH as “White Pointer”.

Further inquiries about ORIGIN BOATS products and services should be addressed to richard@originboats.com.au (richard@originboats.com.au) or PM Richard on AUSFISH as “Originboats”.

Regards,

Stephen Minslow (aka “White Pointer” on AUSFISH)
Director and Public Officer
ACN 139372080 PTY LTD
Trading as ORIGIN BOATS

Jarrah Jack
21-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Origin is the second boat builder to become a new member and subject us to some marketing spiel that could've been developed by any first day student doing a marketing course.

As with other people who run businesses on the forum the best way to develop some credability is to get on the forums and help people out with problems. Even recommend other boats if yours don't suit.

Whoops .....funny that the post by Origin went on the same time my slow one did.

White Pointer has heaps of cred IMHO and I hope it all goes well mate..

Steeler
21-05-2010, 11:21 AM
"ORIGIN BOATS” is the registered trading name of A.C.N. 139372080 PTY LTD, limited by shares and the Company is a single entity. The Members (owners) of the Company are Craig Lee, Stephen Minslow and Richard Pozzey. The Members of the Company hold equal shares. The capital injected by the Members is paid up share capital, not loans.

The Company, at its first Extraordinary General Meeting elected Richard Pozzey to the position of Managing Director because Richard works in the Company on a day to day basis and has long standing experience and success in management of small business. Craig Lee was elected to the position of Chairman of the Board because of his experience in small business and his more recent and continuing experience as an executive in multi-national and Australian Companies. Stephen Minslow holds the position of Company Secretary and Public Officer and has 40 years of experience in manufacturing, finance and logistics in the private and public sectors, which continues. Craig Lee and Stephen Minslow are non-executive Directors. They do not work in the Company and do not draw remuneration

The Board of the Company, at its first Board meeting formed Committees to oversee the affairs of the business. These are the Risk Management Committee, the Remuneration Committee and the Product Development Committee. This last Committee, which should be of most interest to AUSFISH members is crewed by Col Svensson, Richard Pozzey and Craig Lee.

The Company has retained providers for accounting and legal services who give advice to the Board.

ORIGIN BOATS has enjoyed a successful business start up. Repairs and refurbishment of boats provided quick cash flow and helped us to employ staff while setting about the business of developing tooling for new designs for the EVOLUTION and AXIS series as well as the unique 4X4 series and the GENESIS series and getting our first boats completed. Col Svensson has been the driving force behind these new designs and the very detailed tasks of prototyping and tooling development. Origin has a number of boats under construction and a number of future orders confirmed. These include two boats to be built for the Qld Government.

The owners, employees and Directors of ORIGIN BOATS are proud of what they have achieved so far. We are committed to customer service, integrity in design, product quality and excelling as a builder of built-to-order custom aluminium plate boats with a range that meets all major market segments.

Further inquiries about ORIGIN BOATS corporate structure should be addressed to me stephen.minslow@bigpond.com (stephen.minslow@bigpond.com) or PM me on AUSFISH as “White Pointer”.

Further inquiries about ORIGIN BOATS products and services should be addressed to richard@originboats.com.au (richard@originboats.com.au) or PM Richard on AUSFISH as “Originboats”.

Regards,

Stephen Minslow (aka “White Pointer” on AUSFISH)
Director and Public Officer
ACN 139372080 PTY LTD
Trading as ORIGIN BOATS

Cool, nothing sinister there.Should keep the hunters at bay !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with it all.

Steeler

ozscott
21-05-2010, 11:35 AM
White Pointer cant be a bad bloke...he drives a Land Rover :)

Cheers

piglet
21-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Hunt and Gather looks like you scored a couple of boxes there.

PinHead
21-05-2010, 06:48 PM
dunno how u work that out piglet...the quote was"would i be correct in saying posts number 5 & 6 have a hand in the company"

see..5 & 6..6 is but I sure as hell knew 5 wasn't..or vice versa..have not gone back to see who was whom (or who).

It is like a quinella..gotta have both or you lose..but i am not worried about it.

White Pointer
21-05-2010, 09:34 PM
White Pointer cant be a bad bloke...he drives a Land Rover :)

Cheers

I not only own one ... I have had five and a couple of Range Rovers. Must be an addiction. Can I be cured?

Regards,

White Pointer

Matt76
21-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Have you got any pics of the bigger 4x4 model? Looks good. Can they be a side console rather than tiller?

Cheers
Matt

finding_time
21-05-2010, 10:22 PM
I not only own one ... I have had five and a couple of Range Rovers. Must be an addiction. Can I be cured?

Regards,

White Pointer

Ok i'm worried about your business partner Col, 5 landys and 2 rangerovers absolutely no common sense at all and is unable to learn by his mistakes!:wink:

And as far as hunter and gathers comments go, well i'm always very sus of posters who join up and post things like that as there first posts......... Cant you use your other handle because people may see your agenda??????? Sock puppets are pretty poor form , have the courage to stand by your original handle!

Ian

trueblue
21-05-2010, 10:39 PM
All the best with the new venture

hopefully lots of happy boat buyers soon to tell us about their new aqusitions

cheers

Mick

Originboats
22-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Have you got any pics of the bigger 4x4 model? Looks good. Can they be a side console rather than tiller?

Cheers
Matt

Hi Matt,

We are starting a new 4x4/4600 next week.
If you want to shoot me your email address I'll send you pics as we go, or come into the factory if you can and have a look at it being built.

The 4600 can be built in side, centre console or tiller.

Regards
Richard

TJ Bear
22-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Best of luck to Origin Boats and all those involved. If I was oin the market for a plate boat they would be my first option as I have always admired Cols work unfortunatly Im a glass man so you won't be seeing any of my money but i will pass on your details to anyone I know looking for a custom plate boat.

stinky-stabi
22-05-2010, 05:17 PM
great lookn boats ...good luck and all the best
can you build me a cabin?

siegfried
22-05-2010, 07:29 PM
:idea: Hello stink, ya been for a ride in an aqualine yet, save your money and just buy one with a hardtop

stinky-stabi
22-05-2010, 09:49 PM
:idea: Hello stink, ya been for a ride in an aqualine yet, save your money and just buy one with a hardtop

no i thought if i was going to buy something like the kiwi craft(aqualine) look i would just settle on one of those ocean crafts...they look the same :lipsrsealed:pmsl

White Pointer
22-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Ok i'm worried about your business partner Col, 5 landys and 2 rangerovers absolutely no common sense at all and is unable to learn by his mistakes!:wink:

And as far as hunter and gathers comments go, well i'm always very sus of posters who join up and post things like that as there first posts......... Cant you use your other handle because people may see your agenda??????? Sock puppets are pretty poor form , have the courage to stand by your original handle!

Ian

G'day,

I only owned two of the Land Rovers, including the current one. The others were company cars - I worked for Land Rover.

I owned a Jaguar too. A 1950 MK V 3.5 litre.

Boats are really cheap by comparison.

Regards,

White Pointer

Fisher-Too
23-05-2010, 12:11 AM

Regards,

White Pointer

Try a pair of concrete sandals, while you're driving urr jag of cause
Give me a call if you want some ballast tubes in them hehe

Mick

Alchemy
23-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Give me a call if you want some ballast tubes in them

Mick

Interesting reply from a competitor in the plate game. Not a great way to build or maintain credibility, but then perhaps it is just envy?

Regards,
Dave.

finga
23-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Give me a call if you want some ballast tubes in them

Mick

Interesting reply from a competitor in the plate game. Not a great way to build or maintain credibility, but then perhaps it is just envy?

Regards,
Dave.
Yep. Definitely makes you wonder upon integrity/credibility.

I have a 54 Daimler so Jag owners can't be that bad can they?? :rolleyes:

efc
23-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Hey guys just a quick question. Do you have a shop front or should i give you a call and arrange a time to have a look at the boats?
I am interested in the smaller genesis but in a tiller set-up for comp lure fishing

cheers

Nick

finga
23-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Hey guys just a quick question. Do you have a shop front or should i give you a call and arrange a time to have a look at the boats?
I am interested in the smaller genesis but in a tiller set-up for comp lure fishing

cheers

Nick
Mate. Scroll up to the top of the page and you will see an advertising banner with Origin Boats on it.
Click on the banner and that will take you to their website with contact details.

Ah, bugger it. I was bored so I did it for you.
http://www.originboats.com.au/contact_us.html
Or
Unit 2/33-35 Grice Street
Clontarf QLD 4019
Phone 07 32840778

White Pointer
23-05-2010, 08:59 PM

cheers

Nick

G'day Nick,

Being a custom boat builder we can do what you want to make the boat perform for your needs.

Something in our 4x4 range or a small Genesis or the AXIS range will work. We can design in multiple fishing positions with seat posts and rod holders where you want them. We can do big casting platforms with storage under. All our hulls have big reverse chines to make them dry and comfortable

Contact Richard at www.originboats.com.au (http://www.originboats.com.au) or phone him to set up a meeting to discuss your needs.

Regards,

White Pointer

Jarrah Jack
24-05-2010, 06:14 PM
I have just re read White Pointer's post on my thread about boat deposits. It means a bit more now that I know that he is involved at the pointy end of the business.

I think it is well worth reading for anyone who is worried about placing a deposit on any boat. He really covers all the angles well and shows that origin have thought pretty hard about the issues.

If someone could do a cut a paste of the post would be good. My computer skills aren't up to it. :smiley: Yet

Cheers

White Pointer
24-05-2010, 07:24 PM
I have just re read White Pointer's post on my thread about boat deposits. It means a bit more now that I know that he is involved at the pointy end of the business.

I think it is well worth reading for anyone who is worried about placing a deposit on any boat. He really covers all the angles well and shows that origin have thought pretty hard about the issues.

If someone could do a cut a paste of the post would be good. My computer skills aren't up to it. :smiley: Yet

Cheers

G'day,

This is Jarrah Jack's original thread on this subject:

www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=164190 (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=164190)

Regards,

White Pointer

dazbax73
30-05-2010, 07:17 PM
How shocked was I when I read todays paper. F@#$ me made me sick. All very interesting to hear what people have to say but I went through the marriage break up of fisher boatsand still only know one side. col still hasnt called me last I heard from him was him chasing me for money one month before shuting the doors.anyway had to many rums so I should shut up for now. I bet ausfish wont shut down this thread now they are getting money. considering how many they shut down before when this was my only source of info because col wouldnt call me.
yes I got a boat but still it hurts.

nickstock
30-05-2010, 08:25 PM
How shocked was I when I read todays paper. F@#$ me made me sick. All very interesting to hear what people have to say but I went through the marriage break up of fisher boatsand still only know one side. col still hasnt called me last I heard from him was him chasing me for money one month before shuting the doors.anyway had to many rums so I should shut up for now. I bet ausfish wont shut down this thread now they are getting money. considering how many they shut down before when this was my only source of info because col wouldnt call me.

Hi guys,

Plate boats, a touchy subject at the moment Australia wide

I too was severely stuffed around with getting a small plate boat built.

The sad thing is that after researching around on Ausfish, many of the top name plate builders were all recommended highly. I know the builder I used was.

I think that anyone outlaying between $40 000 to $100 000 for a alloy boat should be very very careful in the current climate. I thought that I would be laughing when I got a boat built, nice and even progress payments, agreed build time, good customer service with high recommendations from fellow Ausfish members and general public alike ect.

I ended up paying for the boat in full long before (i.e many months) it was finished, and the build time blew out over 9 months from and agreed date of 6 weeks F.F.S!

The boat is a great boat however the building experience left a sour taste in my mouth.

I am looking at upgrading to a bigger boat and if I go plate, I will be spending the cash to get a watertight, bullet proof contract written up by my solicitor. Unfortunately, buying a decent fishing boat off the showroom floor is a far safer bet. The problem with this is that there are very few decent plate alloy boats in the new market that can be purchased from the shop floor.

I wish that a company had enough capital behind them to allow pre built, shop ready, true plate boats available to fitout stage to the general public. I like the idea of paying for something the day that I get to drive it away.

It does not matter who or what company someone decides to build with, please be very careful as my first experience at building a boat gave me a lot of unnecessary stress and headaches.

Origin Boats look like a great company with well designed and proven hulls. Good luck to you guys and I hope that you exceed all expectations.

Good luck guys,
Nick Stock

White Pointer
30-05-2010, 08:39 PM

G'day,

Yes it hurt. It hurt me too. I was in the same place as you. But I never got my boat or my money back or any of the gear I had supplied to have put into it. Fisher Boats burned $32k of my hard earned.

But I listened to what I could learn about what went wrong. I was/am a member of the creditors committee in administration/liquidation and I have been a pain to them finding out what happened.

I have moved on, and in fact, as most AUSFISHERS know I have helped found a this new business, ORIGIN BOATS, and from the start up the four of us, Col, Craig, Richard and me said that it had to be done better. We are pretty pleased with ourselves, so far, but not complacent.

So let's move on.

Seeing as how you went through so much agony to get it, and I know you did, how's the boat going?

I'm sure lots of people would like to know.

Regards,

White Pointer

dazbax73
30-05-2010, 08:51 PM
G'day,

Yes it hurt. It hurt me too. I was in the same place as you. But I never got my boat or my money back or any of the gear I had supplied to have put into it. Fisher Boats burned $32k of my hard earned.

But I listened to what I could learn about what went wrong. I was/am a member of the creditors committee in administration/liquidation and I have been a pain to them finding out what happened.

I have moved on, and in fact, as most AUSFISHERS know I have helped found a this new business, ORIGIN BOATS, and from the start up the four of us, Col, Craig, Richard and me said that it had to be done better. We are pretty pleased with ourselves, so far, but not complacent.

So let's move on.

Seeing as how you went through so much agony to get it, and I know you did, how's the boat going?

Regards,

White Pointer

carefull I had even more rum and just about bitten my tongue off. but I do believe you had a chance to get a fisher2 boat as well.

tigermullet
30-05-2010, 09:25 PM
Just an FYI, finga - Firefox web browser plus the 'Adblock Plus' plugin will get rid of any ad banner you wish it to on any website.

Thanks - for some reason I cannot get Adblock to work on this ad - fair enough that a business is back but the ad smears out the page - it's very annoying

tigermullet
30-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Finally! Got rid of the ad. Adblock does work (with a bit of fiddling) but it shouldn't be necessary. I don't mind an advertisement or two but having one right in the centre of the page is very distracting.

finga
31-05-2010, 07:07 AM
The ads are very important to this site.
The ads help pay for the site I know and that's why I went for the premium membership.
I'm still contributing money to make the place work without seeing the ads....or something like that.

Fisher-Too
01-06-2010, 03:34 PM
G'day,

So let's move on.

Regards,

White Pointer

Well well, so much hurt and pain and yet you went into business with the man that accepted all your deposits??? Unreal... How many times did you go to col with deposits..??. There must have been some awesome representations made..?? Now your in business with col, why don't you go down stairs and ask him when and where exactly all your money went..??? and why there was absolutely nothing to show for your $$$???

you rabbit on with so much crap and yet you have known all along your gear in question was returned to the suppliers because of their retention of title clause until paid for in full, and you where fully aware of that fact well over 1 year ago. I wish this was funny but its not.

As for defamation, the best defence in any defamation case is the truth,.. a landmark case struck status where the truth was used as a defence in a defamation case, where a reporter accused a lawyer of batting for the other team, the lawyer sued the reporter for defamation, the reporter proved the lawyer was batting for the other team and the lawyer was imprisoned because it was against the law in that state/ jurisdiction/ time to practice batting for the other team hehe.

Best of luck to all concerned

Mick

Awshucks
01-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Well well, so much hurt and pain and yet you went into business with the man that accepted all your deposits??? Unreal... How many times did you go to col with deposits..??. There must have been some awesome representations made..?? Now your in business with col, why don't you go down stairs and ask him when and where exactly all your money went..??? and why there was absolutely nothing to show for your $$$???

you rabbit on with so much crap and yet you have known all aong any of your gear in question was returned to the suppliers because of their retention of title clause until paid for in full, and you where fully aware of that fact well over 1 year ago. I wish this was funny but its not.

As for defamation, the best defence in any defamation case is the truth,.. a landmark case struck status where the truth was used as a defence in a defamation case, where a reporter accused a lawyer of batting for the other team, the lawyer sued the reporter for defamation, the reporter proved the lawyer was batting for the other team and the lawyer was imprisoned because it was against the law in that state/ jurisdiction/ time to practice batting for the other team hehe.

Mick

Must be time for a beer or two;D

Fisher-Too
01-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Must be time for a beer or two;D

Too right mate

White Pointer
01-06-2010, 08:42 PM

you rabbit on with so much crap and yet you have known all along your gear in question was returned to the suppliers because of their retention of title clause until paid for in full, and you where fully aware of that fact well over 1 year ago. I wish this was funny but its not.

Mick

G'day Mick,

My claim on the Administrators was that I had paid $500 to reserve the production slot which I knew was non-refundable. I paid my first progress payment on 15 December 2008 because I was going on holidays for January and my boat was to be the first commenced in 2009. I also had Fisher Boats buy the instruments and radios for my boat. On 15 December when I paid my first progress payment I delivered a Magma BBQ to Fisher Boats. It was to be installed in the gunwale and the Company needed the installation instructions. The Administrators examined my invoices and receipts and accepted my statement of claim.

I had Fisher Boats buy my instruments earlier than production was to commence because I predicted that the A$ would fall with the oncoming GFC. I tried desperately to buy a 175HP Suzuki on the basis that these would increase sharply as the A$ fell. I was right - but I was lucky that Fisher couldn't secure the engine, otherwise I would probably have lost it too. If you read back through the correspondence between me and Fisher Boats you will find all this, as well as warnings about (what came to be known as) GFC.

I fear that you are mistaken about the loss of the instruments. When you made your post last year I made an inquiry about it with the Liquidators, Korda Mentha.

In the attachment, the words speak for themselves. Where you see >>>>>> it means I have deleted some of the text because it is confidential between me and them.

Now, I got the BBQ back because Korda Mentha got it back for me. They retrieved it from one of your employees who had taken it for "safe keeping".

If you want to challenge this send me a PM and I'll come back to you privately instead of hacking this over publicly.

Please remember that I was a customer of your Company. I was not your enemy. I really wanted one.

Can you leave me alone now, please?

Regards,

White Pointer

Matt76
01-06-2010, 08:58 PM
This is all sounding very messy.....

TheRealAndy
01-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Gents, dont let this get into a pissing contest. It only makes both companies look bad. I was about to post earlier that on current posts that Origon looks more professional, but based on that last post I would have to retract that.

Fisher-Too
01-06-2010, 10:30 PM

Bla bla bla for the next 3 parragraphs, what ever mate, why don't you fess up and use the words "gave my money to COL you know COL from ORIGIN BOATS instead of slandering an honourable company like Fisher that honoured all deposits and construction agreements, against all odds at the time, unlike you're mate that's tucked himself behind a new company name and new shareholdership. This whole saga has make me sick to the gut, the last thing I could have considered would be going down the road and into a new partnership..... ever.....

Leave you alone.... GROW UP MATE..& ... good luck

TheRealAndy
01-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Bla bla bla for the next 3 parragraphs, what ever mate, why don't you fess up and use the words "gave my money to COL ya know COL from ORIGIN BOATS instead of slandering an honourable company like Fisher that honoured all deposits and construction agreements, against all odds at the time, unlike you're mate that's tucked himself behind a new company name and new shareholdership. This whole saga has make me sick to the gut, the last thing I could have considered would be going down the road and into a new partnership..... ever.....

Leave you alone.... GROW UP MATE...

Imagine me having a man dance on the back deck to Lilli Allan song 8... good luck bud

I guessed you missed the context of my post.

Matt76
01-06-2010, 10:42 PM
It seems that there is a whole lot more to this story than most of us know about, most of which I am sure doesn't belong on here. I don't think anyone is benefitting from this thread.

spelchek
02-06-2010, 12:16 AM
It seems that there is a whole lot more to this story than most of us know about, most of which I am sure doesn't belong on here. I don't think anyone is benefitting from this thread.

Actually, anyone considering giving their hard earned $$ to either of these two companies is benefiting from this thread. If nothing else it is giving them a very good indication of the [lack of] professionalism inherent in both parties.

finga
02-06-2010, 06:55 AM
Actually, anyone considering giving their hard earned $$ to either of these two companies is benefiting from this thread. If nothing else it is giving them a very good indication of the [lack of] professionalism inherent in both parties.
Yep. Best if both parties shut-up and go back to building boats before they do more damage to themselves.
We can't do anything about the past but we should be learning something from it...

Matt76
02-06-2010, 07:35 AM
Well said finga

Marlin_Mike
02-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Gents, dont let this get into a pissing contest. It only makes both companies look bad. I was about to post earlier that on current posts that Origon looks more professional, but based on that last post I would have to retract that.

Sadly Andy it went that way a long time ago..............................

mod5
02-06-2010, 07:52 PM
It really is disappointing that whenever this comes up it ends up this way. I am closing the thread.

Please don't PM me about it as I have had enough PM's on the subject altogether. Those of you who have sent PM's so far I will not be responding.

Lets all get back to a bit of good old fashioned fishing and boating.