PDA

View Full Version : Broadwater Boat Hire

PNG1M
19-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good place to hire a boat from, around the Broadwater.

Yep, I do have a boat licence but don't own a boat. I'd be after a smallish runabout kind of thing big enough for 4 people to fish from.

Does anyone know if boats can be hired for a few day straight, including overnight (like cars can). I was thinking of going to one of those Sth Stad camping areas & docking the hire boat there at night etc.

And, since I'm at it...what about Houseboat companies? Are there any recommendations as there seems to be a few rival companies about. I'd be after something no frills but reliable for 4 pax.

Tnx.

Spaniard_King
19-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Try BOAB Boathire

Thay are on the Gold Coast

sandbankmagnet
19-05-2010, 07:01 PM
As for houseboats,, we've been going every year for 10 years down there and have used the top 3 companies. We normally hire 3 or 4 houseboats at a time, with 15 to 20 blokes going. No contest. Coomera houseboats. Much better boats and they are by far the most professional. Biggest range as well. They might be a buck or two dearer, but better than rising damp, leaking rooves, dirty boats, bollards on soft rotten ply and petty disputes over bonds.

In fact, 16 days until our next trip.