PDA

View Full Version : Mounting seats in a Tinny

sharkymark2
18-05-2010, 09:40 AM
I am wanting to change how my seats attach in the boat. I have the clamp style for the tiller steer end but because of the fore deck cannot put the same up front. I want to be able to shift two seats around into 4 positions. 2 on the stern section and 2 on the front aluminum seat. I have looked at the base unit that goes into the boats seat and an attachment that bolts under the plastic seat and then pushes into a ferrule arrangement. Has anybody tied this and has it been successful? Any other ideas to mount some interchangeable seats in the standard tinny with 2 aluminum thwarts?
Also I want to put an anchor well into the fore deck. Does any body know where I can get this done at a reasonable rate as I don't have any tools to do it ? I might also look at the same time get a plate welded for a front mounted electric too.
I will try to load up a picture of the seat attachment mechanism.
Thanks to all who will respond.
Mark.

sharkymark2
18-05-2010, 09:42 AM
This is a link to the seat attachment
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ULTIMATE-Tinny-Boat-Seat-Mount-System-Easy-Install-/160379868262?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Boat_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2557629466

sharkymark2
18-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Sorry guys still half asleep after a couple of fishing trips during week. I live near Sunnybank.