PDA

View Full Version : What incites the most emotion

Noelm
17-05-2010, 09:12 AM
with another long running e-tec thread in progress, I just got to wondering what we like to comment on most, and by far, e-tec would top the list, followed by, 2 stroke V 4 stroke, Stabicarft and Barcrusher, then alloy V glass and then maybe 4X4's, especially Toyota V Nissan, any others??

finga
17-05-2010, 09:18 AM
plastics V's stinky bait in the briney!!.

No argument really. Stinky wins hands down each time.

Ratman
17-05-2010, 09:18 AM
What about Cat V Mono?

Mick

Steeler
17-05-2010, 09:30 AM
NSW v QLD

We all know NSW is superior and the sooner canetoads get that through there heads the better.

GO THE BLUES

Noelm
17-05-2010, 09:38 AM
well yes those sorts of things do come to mind, but I was more on a boat sort of thing, so if we are to include everything, maybe one of the Mods might just move this to a more "general" area, Cat V mono does raise some hairs on the neck at times.

charleville
17-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Rudd versus anyone else on the planet.

:grin:

ozscott
17-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Here Here Charleville. I wont give away my political alignment, but gee a lot of labour voters must be pretty let down by Mr Prissy in power. I mean seriously....

Anyway looks like we will be getting a girl running for the top spot (and lets face it she was always grooming herself for the spot).

Cheers

STUIE63
17-05-2010, 09:51 AM
cats vs the nq chop is always a good read

Noelm
17-05-2010, 10:00 AM
yeah, forgot that one, usually good for a few pages huh!

finga
17-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Yep, the NQ chop is usually a beauty :)

And there's reliability of new motor technologies like superchargers, fuel injection and variable oil injection ratio's verses old school blue band Mercs. 3 carbi setup where you chuck some oil in the fuel.

Anyone remember the thread a few years ago where Ahoj (where is the silly bugger??) argued that a converted hoby-cat with a 6hp outboard was what everyone should be using for their boating needs??

Dean1
17-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Pros and cons of Cats!! Lovers and haters of Cats!!

I love em bring it on!! :grin:

ozscott
17-05-2010, 10:50 AM
....what are the pros of cats....

Cheers

:) Just messing with ya

Noelm
17-05-2010, 10:52 AM
OK then lets just recap, the longest running thread would be about a Cat in NQ, powered by premix e-tecs, on a steel trailer, towed by a Nissan driven by Kevin Rudd with some greens as crew!

Chimo
17-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Yes Finga that was a slippery little boat. Wonder what happened to him / it?

My neighbour has an improvement though. Lately he's been doing his cat travel powered by his legs and pedals. It sits on 4 to 7 kn depending on how had he pedals. As long as he can get the line forward of the handle bars hooking a large fish should not be too life theatening.

In terms of Noel thread its really about what the best boat for the purpose!

Cheers
Chimo

ozscott
17-05-2010, 11:18 AM
steel trailer or alloy?

Waraba Mick
17-05-2010, 11:36 AM
An oldie but a goodie, Fisher v Fisher-too.

Dantren
17-05-2010, 11:40 AM
- Is my boat big enough to get to Moreton?
- Where does the Green zone start?
-
-
-
-

Noelm
17-05-2010, 11:43 AM
yep, is my boat big enough is another goodie.

ozscott
17-05-2010, 11:54 AM
My boat is big enough to be a pain when trying to find a home for it at home so does that mean its big enough to go to Tangas?

Jarrah Jack
17-05-2010, 01:05 PM
OK then lets just recap, the longest running thread would be about a Cat in NQ, powered by premix e-tecs, on a steel trailer, towed by a Nissan driven by Kevin Rudd with some greens as crew!

Or solo with a sixteen year old aussie heroine at the helm.:smiley:

STUIE63
17-05-2010, 01:10 PM
landcruiser v landrover is always a cackle

ozscott
17-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Yep Stu - I am always up for that one

Cheers

Steve B
17-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Or solo with a sixteen year old aussie heroine at the helm.:smiley:

Damn I was about to say that:wink: :grin:

....I know what happened on her first attempt now. her furuno chartplotter broke down, so she phoned navionics...and recieved aweful service, they said "call Lowrance australia", they wouldnt touch it, because it was bought overseas!... getting angrier she accidently sailed into a greenzone and was spotted by the fishos...now..she 'doesnt give a hoot' about the greenzone laws...and decides to be tough and out run them in the pink boat....but when she fires up the auxuilary Etec, nothing!....damn injectors!! Oh well....'maybe I should have asked the Ausfish guys "is my boat too small to sail around the world"....well love, if you had a polycraft cat all would have been good, but unfortunatley a big boat ran into her...hope she had a life jacket on under current legislations....when she got back to land....all dismayed....she said "F&^& it"........I am going to stick with fresh water fishing, 'should I use a slick rig or hollowbelly'Mmmm???? I know how to find out!!!.... I will go to the MONDY MUSTER this year......those lads never argue:wink: :lipsrsealed: :grin:
Tounge in cheek baby, tounge in cheek!!

Cheers Steve

Noelm
17-05-2010, 02:32 PM
haha, funny Steve, I just remembered another one, LIGHTS I don't know how many threads go for pages on the all around white light law!

ozscott
17-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Noelm dont you mean the anchor light...remember the golden rule...turn it on when the anchor drops and turn it off when the anchor is raised again...

Cheers

(PS. For new boaters who might read this and didnt pay attention in the boat license testing please disregard my above comments for Christ sake)

finga
17-05-2010, 02:43 PM
You forgot to mention she did not have enough chain on her anchor Steve.
Because at 10 1/2 metres she should have 384m of 10mm galvanised close linked chain so the anchor grabs.

Steve B
17-05-2010, 03:08 PM
You forgot to mention she did not have enough chain on her anchor Steve.
Because at 10 1/2 metres she should have 384m of 10mm galvanised close linked chain so the anchor grabs.

Sorry Scotty,...mabey if her PR team was watching scotty hilliers show, scotty would have told her:wink: ....she had a generator on her boat right??? was it a honda, kipor or yamaha??....no excuse for not having anchor lights on.....how else would the kyacks and jetskiers see her in the dark!!!!!:lipsrsealed:.

Most importantly.....did she hold up anyone at the boat ramp when she launched the pink lady!!!!

Sorry, its raining..I am bored!:grin:

Steve

finga
17-05-2010, 03:32 PM
So what did they tow the pink lady to the ramp with.
AWD or 4WD or RWD or FWD??
Was it a manual or auto??
What did they polish it with and....what lights did it have on the front??

Did she wear a life jacket at all times??
Where did she buy her rod and reel from. I hope she didn't buy her fishing gear from that place that's unmentionable.
Did she use a pumpkin seed for bait or a 10" pumpkin seed atomic blast hollow belly with tail wiggle...and a led light in it's eye socket??

Actually that's a good question. Did she do any fishing on the trip??

It's fairly bleak and cold here and I don't want to go and cut some firewood. (I'm thinking of the ozone layer)

STUIE63
17-05-2010, 03:54 PM
and when she got to the ramp was she snappered in the back of the head

ratbag's
17-05-2010, 03:55 PM
So what did they tow the pink lady to the ramp with.
AWD or 4WD or RWD or FWD??
Was it a manual or auto??
What did they polish it with and....what lights did it have on the front??

Did she wear a life jacket at all times??
Where did she buy her rod and reel from. I hope she didn't buy her fishing gear from that place that's unmentionable.
Did she use a pumpkin seed for bait or a 10" pumpkin seed atomic blast hollow belly with tail wiggle...and a led light in it's eye socket??

Actually that's a good question. Did she do any fishing on the trip??

It's fairly bleak and cold here and I don't want to go and cut some firewood. (I'm thinking of the ozone layer)

you can't cross that much weater and not fish :grin:.................and while fishing, did she have a licence? was she in waters needing a licence?

finga
17-05-2010, 03:59 PM
And did she have a HDS radar/sounder/gps toilet flusher??
Was the after sales service better else where in the world as compared to here??

I'm right now. Chopped enough wood for tonight.
The cook will feed me now :)

Steeler
17-05-2010, 04:29 PM
An oldie but a goodie, Fisher v Fisher-too.

You mean innovator v imitator.

That got an emotional response:wink::grin: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finga
17-05-2010, 04:52 PM
You mean innovator v imitator.

That got an emotional response:wink::grin: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You trying to tell me the truth hurts sometimes :rolleyes:

Steeler
17-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Just thought i would give noelm a hand in " inciting emotion ",spice it up a little.

finga
17-05-2010, 04:58 PM
I wonder if either Fisher had had inboard and how they compared to outboards and if the inboards were diesel or petrol??
I suppose it would not matter al long as they had any other radio other then a GME.