PDA

View Full Version : Melborne's Haines Patriot owners?

microboss
14-05-2010, 09:40 PM
good day all, i am still in the process of selling my Stejcraft Monaco, however once that is gone i am looking at Haines Hunter Patriot.

first i though of an american made, but after all, thinking that for australian made for australian waters would be the best.

just wondering if anyone in and around Melbourne has such a beauty and what they think about it and it's capabilities.

well, the viewed of owners from other places are welcomed, however i am interested how it handles around the southern point of Australia.

death_ship
14-05-2010, 10:39 PM
pm captain rednut, hes done major hours in crap weather in his 680 patriot offshore of moreton island, is the southern point really that different?

GBC
14-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Hainsey nicked the hull off the Yanks. You won't hear a bad word about it from me, but they aren't quite all aussie if you know what I mean.......:wink:
For their length they're as good as any and better than most.

captain rednut
14-05-2010, 11:18 PM
good day all, i am still in the process of selling my Stejcraft Monaco, however once that is gone i am looking at Haines Hunter Patriot.

first i though of an american made, but after all, thinking that for australian made for australian waters would be the best.

just wondering if anyone in and around Melbourne has such a beauty and what they think about it and it's capabilities.

well, the viewed of owners from other places are welcomed, however i am interested how it handles around the southern point of Australia.hey microboss you are welcome to come up here to the other part of the world where we have some of the other testing waters for a vessel of that size, i chose the patriot because the waters off our coastline are very unpredicdable and a constante swell to chellenge on a day out. my son and i fish every gamefish tournament in south east QLD in our patriot. we dont have a concern about the weather to get home safely, if you would like more info or photos of a aussie built boat in action? pm me. regards jim

ashleyhj74
17-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Hainsey nicked the hull off the Yanks. You won't hear a bad word about it from me, but they aren't quite all aussie if you know what I mean.......:wink:
For their length they're as good as any and better than most.

Ahh no, they were built when Haines Hunter was OMC-owned, nothin to do with the Haines family at all. We had one of the first 680SF's (i assume thats the one your reffering to?), it was a great boat. Never been a fan of the later models personally (Encore/Patriot), appears to have more cabin than cockpit now.

rodneyk
18-05-2010, 01:03 PM
HIi Capt im also thinking of buying a 680 can you call around pick me up i would then be able to decide :grin:

captain rednut
18-05-2010, 09:06 PM
HIi Capt im also thinking of buying a 680 can you call around pick me up i would then be able to decide :grin:hey rod is that your picture on your avatar ????? THERE DOESNT APPEAR TO BE ANYBODY HOME. CR