PDA

View Full Version : The Fishing Party...no more

kc
12-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Heard today from pretty reliable sources that Bob Smiths NSW based "The Fishing Party" has been dergistered by the AEC and will not contest the next Federal election.

I know he was only recently canvassing for Qld based candidates for Federal Senate election.

Too busy to look into this but maybe Derek or some other investigator may like to see if this is true.

KC

Mike Delisser
12-05-2010, 07:36 PM
They're not on this list- :cry: :wink:

Current Register of Political Parties http://www.aec.gov.au/Parties_and_Representatives/party_registration/Registered_parties/

Chris Ryan
12-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Oh here's hoping that is a true rumour.

Derek Bullock
12-05-2010, 08:19 PM
I am sure you could have found it Kev :tongue:

http://www.aec.gov.au/Parties_and_Representatives/Party_Registration/Deregistered_parties/tfp2.htm

The Fishing Party

The Fishing Party was registered on 21 September 2007 and deregistered on 16 March 2010.
Reason: s137(4) – failure to respond to a Notice of Intention to Deregister issued under s137(1)(d)

Dicko
12-05-2010, 09:35 PM
After all the damage he caused last election, you really wonder what his motivation was.

kc
13-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Well, :cool:

Just desserts!

KC

Lucky_Phill
13-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Comon, Kev, tell us what ya really think. :wink:

I personally believe this is good news.

This can only mean a combined voting block that will make a difference.

POQ&DCB.....Bob.

LP.

FNQCairns
13-05-2010, 03:59 PM
WOW!! wishes can come true!

kc
14-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Absolutely. A combined voting block (numbers) is certainly strenght and will have a sudden scrabble happening now to negotiate a preference deal with a fishing vote "block". Should make AFLP position much stronger and if, IMO, they combine as a total recreational/outdoors block with the Shooters Party.....this is about politics not support of guns.....they will be in an enourmous position and sufficent...IMO...to get major allowances.

I am convinced you will see some very fishing friendly announcements, particularly from the conservatives over the next few months, particularly now that the voting public is starting to figure out just what a dud the current mob are and the Libs have a "sniff".

Kev

4x4frog
14-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Totally agree Kev.
Whoever takes up the challenge to change people's perception of the lifestyle parties as a whole needs, to consider telling people that the greens/labour/enviro-nuts will lock up every sq-cm of the outdoors they can to get the votes they feel they need. This to everyone will mean way less area to relax in, be it Fraser Island type areas or National Parks which are for everyone to enjoy and not just look at on google or in books as the greenies would have us do if they succeed.

I'd like to know, just how many of the so-called experts in the environmental movement are actual scholars and not just jumped up protesters who 'say' they are credible.

Mike Delisser
14-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Absolutely.
I am convinced you will see some very fishing friendly announcements, particularly from the conservatives over the next few months, Kev

I'm sure we will see those anouncements from the coalition before the election, just like in WA

But KC, How do TFP and Shooters deal with a situation where our (anglers & shooters) preferences help get the Coalition over the line but the Greens have the balance in the Senate and the Coalition will need their vote to pass legislation? Is that being discussed?
Because every pollster & political analyst including the Coalition's own is predicting that the Greens will end up holding the balance of power in the Senate easily, no matter who wins the election. :sad:

PinHead
14-05-2010, 04:15 PM
interesting comments re the Senate..what will be the Senate make up on election day..prior to the new Senators being elected?

kc
14-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Good question Mike & one I no longer have to have an answer for =)

KC:tongue: :wink:

Derek Bullock
14-05-2010, 07:48 PM
I hate to burst your collective negative bubbles but here is some information for you all to ponder.

First a quote from the AEC

“ Registration as a federal political party is not compulsory. Parties can promote the election of their candidates to the Commonwealth Parliament without being registered.”

While not technically registered at this time, The Fishing Party WILL be contesting the next election in both Senate and the House of Reps.

kc
14-05-2010, 10:20 PM
But can not run as a "branded" party, nor can they appear "above the line" on a Seante paper. Just like when TFPQ ran candidates for Qld house of reps they had to appear as independants but could be publically endorsed and branded TFPQ except on the ballot papers.

KC

Boblee
16-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Maybe thats why the Shooters Party is now known as the Shooters and Fishers Party Federally, hopefully they will work in with any like minded parties in QLD as they do/did in other states.
Apparently it was too hard to impossible to work with the other mob and they held the name so they couldn't use it.

finga
16-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Can you put a no confidence vote in for the entire political arena in Australia??
I would if I could. The lot of them are not worth a pinch of pelican poo I reckon.
Maybe one or two might be worth their salt but most of them from all parties aren't in my books.
They're all liars there for one reason...the pension plan.

Why can't we make them make good on the promises they ALL make before an election??

Louis
17-05-2010, 07:11 PM
I think if the Shooters Party and the AFLP were to unite they would become a force to be reconed with.

Louis

kc
24-05-2010, 05:22 AM
They don't need to "unite" and are different with different appeals, and "lack of appeals". They just need to come together at a preference arrangement to be a force, and I think they will be a very substantial number come the Senate vote, both in Qld and NSW. I would not be at all surprised if the shooters & fishers party gets a NSW Senate seat, particulary as they understand how politics is played and shoud make arrangements for good preference flows in NSW with the party resources and "brand power" to support them. I don't believe AFLP will run in NSW and this leaves Shooters & Fishers as a stand alone representing our sector. It is expected that the greens will hold the balance of power role after the next election but S & F could be the "spoiler" (to their party) as along with Xzenophon if they win a seat and also combine with AFLP to stop Larissa Waters (greens) in Qld winning a seat you may end up with a very pro fishing force holding the keys to seante numbers.

Mike Delisser
29-05-2010, 03:04 PM
It is expected that the greens will hold the balance of power role after the next election but S & F could be the "spoiler" (to their party) as along with Xzenophon if they win a seat and also combine with AFLP to stop Larissa Waters (greens) in Qld winning a seat you may end up with a very pro fishing force holding the keys to seante numbers.

I'd be happy if they could keep Libby Conners from winning a Qld Senate seat.