PDA

View Full Version : Stolen/Lost Wobbly Rollers Returned

Dorado
09-05-2010, 08:50 PM
A mate and I went out Thursday night in my boat at Deepwater Bend. We launched at 5pm and came back in around 11pm that night after engine trouble and no fish other than a 4 foot shovelnose which was released!. On retrieving the boat onto the trailer in the darkness I noticed that the boat wasn't sitting square on the trailer and seemed to be leaning to one side at the rear. Got home that night and parked it in the drive and decided to clean the boat down the next day. That never happened and mate and I relaunched again at DWB yesterday Saturday to fire up the yammy to see if the fix worked which evidently did not. On retrieving the boat at the ramp my mate noticed that one entire rear section of the trailer comprising of a brace of 6 wobbly rollers is missing!!! :cry: No bloody wonder the boat was sitting awkwardly on Thursday night and I could only deduce that some thieving *&^%$#@!=* had stolen them when the trailer and car was parked while we were out on the water. Feeling totally peeved I drove home checking the roadside as i went to see if for some reason or another that they may have even fallen off somehow in transit on Thursday night but no go and got home and parked the boat and then contacted Sandgate Police and lodged a report fearing they were stolen so I could make a claim on my insurance and then went back home and then went out last night returning home this afternoon, Sunday. I get out of the car and walk to my front door and what do I see at my feet....my missing set of 6 wobbly rollers!!!!!! WTF???!!! I contacted Sandgate Police thinking they had found them and returned them to me, but there was no card from them with the rollers and they confirmed that they hadn't found them. At the ramp yesterday i mentioned of my misfortune to another Savage boaty owner whom I noticed must live in my area as he followed me to my street yesterday. I wonder if he had found them?

Anyway..I am a loss to explain how the rollers went missing and how they managed to get returned to me but I am totally grateful to whomever did find them and return them to me. Thank you whomever you are!!!! :cheesy: If you are a fellow Ausfish member please ID yourself to me.

Cheers,

Dorado
09-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Ooops sorry posted in wrong forum..d'oh!

bigjimg
09-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Mate that is strange,someone has a guilty concience i think.Unless they did fall off and someone that knows your boat who saw it happen returned them.Bloody lucky as that would have cost you a few bob.I'll bet your brain is ticking over trying to work it out.Jim

Angla
09-05-2010, 09:58 PM
That's just Freaky man!

Good story end but.

Cheers
Chris

bugman
09-05-2010, 11:25 PM
About a month go I returned to fingal boat ramp and fetched the car and trailer.

Looked at the trailer - and thought that aint right.

Missing a set of middle keel rollers. They were there when I launched in the morning and now they're gone. Someone obviously wanted the more than me.

Brett