PDA

View Full Version : My new 5.9 Bluewater fo about 70K

Beekee
09-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Just got this last week and would like to share it with you. Since I have had it it has not dropped below 25 knotts up here so has been hard to get out for any serious fishing. Did get out yesterday though and have to say I am very impressed. Straight into the chop at 20 knotts was still very comfortable and coming home with it behind us was great. Not a drop on the screen in either direction.
Got the finished package from Scott and it has the works. Really well finished and everything included. When compared to everything else I looked at nothing really came close. It is a dream realised for me as I have waited 10 years to be able to afford this.

Pazz01
09-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Nice looking boat mate. Those bluewaters really do come up a treat. They look sweet as.

Glad your happy with it.

Just need to get it dirty now. It's been blowing up here for months. Haven't had a chance to get out. One day it'll drop I keep telling myself. ha.

Pazz

jake0
09-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Very... very nice Beekee, he sure builds a bute boat, Has Daz seen this?
congrats and enjoy

jake0
09-05-2010, 02:59 PM
had to have another look, sure hell looks alot bigger than a 5.9m :cool:

gr hilly
09-05-2010, 03:02 PM
mate if that was mine i would sleep in it its a doll very nice
glynn

Captain Seaweed
09-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Nice boat mate, looks great. Very well set up inside too. I can relate to you about waiting 10 years for a dream to come true as I am in the same situation. Just bought my first dream boat and cant wait to get it.

Cheers

Marty

ozassassin
09-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Vary Nice mate, that looks the goods now to pray for some good weather.

Eric

Beekee
09-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Jake
As far as I know Daz has not seen it but I know he was interested in seeing it. He felt the other one was too big. May give him a call. You are right about the size. It is huge. It has 5.9 written on the side but is actually 6.2 and I think from Bow sprit to back of the duckboard it is 6.7. One thing about Scotts boats is the size. It is as big as you could want, in my opinion anyway. We have to mainly beach launch so my wife and I have to handle it together. Have never felt so safe in any boat as I did yesterday.
Just on the dealings with Scott I have to say it was a pleasure to do business with him. He was up front with me right through the build and in the end it was a couple of weeks late so he bought it all the way up to Mackay for me and I towed it the rest of the way to Bowen. That was at no extra cost to me.

DALEPRICE
09-05-2010, 06:57 PM
congrats on the new rig, looks like a real tip top rig.
cheers dale

Fishbait
09-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Very nice - congrats. That's one sexy boat! Cheers, Darren

Jarrah Jack
09-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Love seeing that nice deep V running all the way to the stern. Don't know why all platies ain't built like that. Well those meant for the open sea anyway. Good price too I reckon..Is that with all the goodies?

sleepygreg
09-05-2010, 10:36 PM
What a sweet looking ride. Looks like a boat I would be proud to own and fish out of. If you were closer I would be hounding you for a deckies spot. Looking forward to seeing some reports with blood on the carpet.

Greg

littlemac
09-05-2010, 10:41 PM
thats a sweet looking boat, i bet the wait is worth it now

cheers

brett

O-3
09-05-2010, 11:30 PM
Conrats Beekee, That is a great looking boat!

Worth the wait and looks set up very well.:wink:

Bear001
10-05-2010, 10:23 AM
yep....dribble/drool..........lol:rolleyes:

Congrats on the boat of a lifetime. Hope to see the first report soon.

Cindy

Beekee
10-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Guys
Thanks for all the good comments.Could not be happier with it. Jarrah Jack. T^hat price was with everything. Makes it very competitive with anything else and good quality too I reckon

chuss
10-05-2010, 02:53 PM
the bomb!

Love it!

Is the 150HP on the back over or under powered? or perhaps just right?

Beekee
10-05-2010, 03:30 PM
chuss
Seems to be alright. Have not done a lot of Ks in it yet and it has all been in 25 knotts but at 4000 revs is about 23 knotts. Comes on the plane nice. Will get a bit of time up this weekend and post how it goes.

Rod_Bender
11-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Beekee

Mate good to hear you have your rig. You'll be happy with it as i am too. Scott was and STILL IS the best to deal with and I am only too happy to recommend him onto anyone interested in a Custom Built boat. I have my 225suzi on mine now, i should have went the 4S from the start..but anyway. Your right about the size, calling it a 5.9 is good for the insurance premium!!!! Enjoy mate.

What types of speeds are you getting out of it at different RPM...just want to compare it to my old Merc 2S??????

tropicrows
11-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Great looking rig, look forward to an on the water review, once you get it all setup how you want it.

Rhinoc
11-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Beekee,

Mate that is an awesome rig. I love it. How heavy is it on the trailer?

Good stuff.

Rhino...

Beekee
12-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Rhino
Tried to reply to you but had a problem. Scott has my number if you would like to have a chat. On the trailer I have not weighed it but it would be about 2.3. It has a 280 litre tank which will add a bit of weight. This estimate is with everything in it.. Tows easy behind the Navara and with the braked trailer is great. Will let you know when it is weghed and water tested better.
Rodbender, am really happy with it as you can probably tell. Thanks for your help when I was looking about. Yours must fly with the 225. Mine does 38 knots so I can only imagine how quick yours is. Once you have a four stroke you will never go back.

jake0
12-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Jake
As far as I know Daz has not seen it but I know he was interested in seeing it. He felt the other one was too big. May give him a call. You are right about the size. It is huge. It has 5.9 written on the side but is actually 6.2 and I think from Bow sprit to back of the duckboard it is 6.7. One thing about Scotts boats is the size. It is as big as you could want, in my opinion anyway. We have to mainly beach launch so my wife and I have to handle it together. Have never felt so safe in any boat as I did yesterday.
Just on the dealings with Scott I have to say it was a pleasure to do business with him. He was up front with me right through the build and in the end it was a couple of weeks late so he bought it all the way up to Mackay for me and I towed it the rest of the way to Bowen. That was at no extra cost to me.

OK, thanks Beekee, Have not heard from Daz for a while now, I did go round but was told he is working out of town somewhere, be good to catch up with him

Dantren
12-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Do a search for bluewater alloy boats on boatsales.com.au & you'll see Daz's boat.
Very fair price too.....

Rod_Bender
13-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Dantren

Mate looked at Daz's boat last on the the provided site you gave. What a package, and what a setup. Looks great and for the $$$ its well under replacement cost considering its done 2hrs. I'd love to swap him for mine and win the lotto

Beekee
15-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Out on the water the last couple of days. Very impressed with how it goes. 3500 revs sit it on about 19 knots, 4200 about 25 and 4800 about 30knots. Planes up nicely with no transition as it comes on the plane. Just seems to rise up nicely without burying the arse. Still to rough to give it full stick but it is hadling the chop well. 30 konts into 10 to 15 knots of chop with it coming on at 45 degrees without banging. Getting to like the QL tabs. They are very responsive. Another thing is the stability for a deep V boat. Two people on the same side make no difference. As you can tell I am pretty happy with it. Looking forward to some good weather. It does catch fish too. We got three nice trout today and a couple of grassies. Unfortunately my wife out fished me again and got the first blood in the boat and the two better trout than mine.

Rod_Bender
16-05-2010, 07:20 AM
Mate the next extra I add to mine will be the trim tabs and leaning towards the QL's that scotty suggests? Are they really effective? Do they really make a big difference.

Beekee
16-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Rod bender
Have not used them that much yet but they seem to be good. Some of the posts on the site here say good stuff. I noticed yesterday on the water at different revs it would tend to sit one way or the other probably from the motor torque. Just a touch on the button righted the boat and also it was good for the different swell such as wether we were punching into it or had it following. Would be worth it if you have a few blokes on board too.