PDA

View Full Version : SharkCat - weight on trailer & towing capacity

OceanRoad
05-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm after some basic information on the combined weight of a 7m SharkCat with 2 x reasonably sized outboards on a tri-axle trailer. I'm thinking it might be around 3,500kg and I'm just doing some research as I'm a bit concerned that my Pajero which only tows 2,500kg max might be struggling somewhat. :undecided:

Has anyone any experience in this combination ???

thanks

GG

gr hilly
05-05-2010, 11:01 AM
yes mate i used to tow my mates for him his Hilux HAD TROUBLE MY OLD HJ60 LANDCRUISER HAS NO TROUBLE a bit of a slug but the leaf springs help control i towed it to Cardwell from brissy no problem
hilly

Noelm
05-05-2010, 11:15 AM
don't think I would be towing a 7M Sharkcat with a Pajero, even if it is legal.

julian1
05-05-2010, 03:11 PM
dpepnding on the Sharkcats configuration, ie if its just a cuddy with not much else and depending how it was layed up at the time of build, it might scrape in at 3500kg completely dry, but add fuel, gear, targa tops or bimini's etc then you can easily get to well over 4t or in some cases close to 5t !!

adam sharkcat
05-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm after some basic information on the combined weight of a 7m SharkCat with 2 x reasonably sized outboards on a tri-axle trailer. I'm thinking it might be around 3,500kg and I'm just doing some research as I'm a bit concerned that my Pajero which only tows 2,500kg max might be struggling somewhat. :undecided:

Has anyone any experience in this combination ???

thanks

GG
Hi, i can tell that i have a 6mtr/20ft bruce harris sharkcat and that combination with a two axle trailer comes in at 2.6tonnes with no fuel and completly no gear at all.bear bones.i own a 2009 SR5 turbo diesel hilux that is rated to tow 3 tonnes.it struggles to tow it. now if you had a 7mtr shark cat and a triaxle trailer and fuel the Pajero is not going to do it.the boat weighs twice the car!:undecided:

sleddog
05-05-2010, 06:50 PM
.i own a 2009 SR5 turbo diesel hilux that is rated to tow 3 tonnes.

I thought that the hilux had a tow rating of 2.25 tonnes?

adam sharkcat
05-05-2010, 07:55 PM
I thought that the hilux had a tow rating of 2.25 tonnes?
All these smaller jap 4wd (hilux,navara,rodeo)should be rated for 2tonnes no more.ive have the 09hilux and had a 07 navara as well and they over rated. Three years ago a owned a 05 Chev Silverado 6.6 turbo deisel,man you want to talk about tow vehicals,they eat these jap crappers.Iam going to go back to the chevys,so anyone for a 09 hilux sr5?:undecided:

Dean1
05-05-2010, 09:31 PM
All these smaller jap 4wd (hilux,navara,rodeo)should be rated for 2tonnes no more.ive have the 09hilux and had a 07 navara as well and they over rated. Three years ago a owned a 05 Chev Silverado 6.6 turbo deisel,man you want to talk about tow vehicals,they eat these jap crappers.Iam going to go back to the chevys,so anyone for a 09 hilux sr5?:undecided: Love your'e grunt dont ya Adam :grin:

I meant to tell you to that the old man used to tow that Sharkcat around with a small trayback mazda truck sometimes. Dunno how he did it he used to just get up the hills when we lived at Everton Park. I remember him saying once there was an old lady hosing her front lawn once cheering him on and shouting out C'mon you can do it!!! :grin:

OceanRoad
05-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate the feedback

GG

adam sharkcat
05-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Love your'e grunt dont ya Adam :grin:

I meant to tell you to that the old man used to tow that Sharkcat around with a small trayback mazda truck sometimes. Dunno how he did it he used to just get up the hills when we lived at Everton Park. I remember him saying once there was an old lady hosing her front lawn once cheering him on and shouting out C'mon you can do it!!! :grin:
Hi Dean,as i told you yesterday,theres that old saying("NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT", CUBIC INCHES)!!!:cool: and theres my saying,("YOU WANT TO REV,BUY A CHEV")!,cant wait to get back into a Chevy Silverado with a 6.6ltr DUROMAX!!,I tried to down size,but didnt work, All have have to do is sell the Hilux! Any taker????:undecided: talk soon Adam.