PDA

View Full Version : Bluefin Predator v Barracuda

NormC
03-05-2010, 07:35 PM
From looking at the specs, both these boats have an overall length of 4.7m. The Barracuda has a pod, the Predator does not. This suggests that inside, the Pedator has more space than the Barracuda. Is that right? Or are the specs on the Bluefin site wrong, with both being the same boat with the Barracuda having the pod ADDED?

Leaving price aside, the Barracuda should be a better boat IF the pod is added. If not, perhaps the Predator is better?

These boats are on my shortlist. I'm trying to develop a spreadsheet and this issue has me a bit confused.

Norm C

iqarus
04-05-2010, 10:38 PM
my old man's looking at getting a bluefin side console, and is finding it hard to find a middle ground of price / features in their range.

any input on bang for buck in the side console range would be awesome !

oddbudman
05-05-2010, 03:08 PM
What do you want to use the boat for? Those models are a bit bigger, and if you want to do bay / offshore work perhaps a centre console is worth considering?

oddbudman

Stumpthumpa
05-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Norm,
I am very close to finalising the purchase of a Predator at the moment. I had a lot of conflicting advice as to what was available as a factory option and what was not. In the end I called Blue Fin direct with my questions and was delighted to receive an answer to every item I asked about. Some were not straight forward and production staff had to be consulted. Maybe try calling?