PDA

View Full Version : Trailer security device

seastorm
03-05-2010, 05:37 PM
I have been reading about people having there trailer and boat stolen (I myself have had my trailer stolen) and thought there has to be a better way to protect your pride and joy.

I have come up with a new design this is how it works

If someone moves my trailer I get a SMS sent to my phone, then I can get on the internet (anywhere in the world) and start to track it, then all it takes is a phone call to the police and I can tell them the address / location of my trailer/boat. Bonus time I get my pride and joy back and the police get the bad guys

FNQCairns
03-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Where do you hide the GPS transceiver on a trailer. I can buy one for something like $70 and have though about fitting it to the boat but hiding it well is the problem.

Fish_gutz
03-05-2010, 07:52 PM
the link doesn`t work on my comp? where do we get one?

Cheers Andrew

levinge
03-05-2010, 10:50 PM
There are quite a few passive system out there like you described.

Not new Tech, but as others have said its hard to hide and once the bad guys get wind of these being out there, they'll just disconnect the wires to the boats battery.

Offensive systems like a mongrel dog work just a good (nothing like a barking dog to make them have a second thought)

old_fisho
12-05-2010, 06:53 PM
The ones we use on the jetski`s can be hard wired in but also if the batt is disconnected they have there own battery to transmit the signal . But if the stolen item is under a good insulated building it wont get out but soon as its taken out you will pick up signal again .

Perry

BaitThrower
14-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Just park your boat in close proximity to a sign on your property that says
"Registered firearms operator" :P

cormorant
14-05-2010, 04:50 PM
The ones we use on the jetski`s can be hard wired in but also if the batt is disconnected they have there own battery to transmit the signal . But if the stolen item is under a good insulated building it wont get out but soon as its taken out you will pick up signal again .

Perry

Hi

Can you give me a website link or a brand name as I am interested. I am only looking at ones that do sms / or voice notificaton and have GPS in them not ones where you need to subsribe annually to a website or tracking company

Thanks

Mad-One
15-05-2010, 04:55 AM
Do as my mate does and leave a venomous snake in a bag on the seat and have a sign saying venomous snakes onboard. Works for him he never locks his car

old_fisho
16-05-2010, 01:12 AM
Just have a look on ebay at the devices that suit your needs easy to install and hide

http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_npmv=3&_trksid=m570&_nkw=gps+tracking

or use this mob if you want to know more

http://ezy2c.rtrk.com.au/?scid=36384&kw=2345069&pub_cr_id=5125088299

Perry