PDA

View Full Version : Reef Prince Sold..........

Marlin_Mike
27-04-2010, 11:44 AM
After 5 years of fun and fishing in her, my Reef Prince has been sold and will be going to a new home.

Bummer.............. Never mind, I shall have to dust off the the book on How to Fish Land Based and read up on it. If I can find it....................:grin:

My wife reckons I will cry when the new owner hitches her up and drives away............LMAO..................... shes probably right.......................:rolleyes: . Anyone
else ever been that attached to their boat?

Mike

Angla
27-04-2010, 11:51 AM
And why wouldn't you be attached to the freedom machine?

I am to mine as well. Good luck on the land based but I am sure you could hitch the odd ride from here.

Cheers
Chris

sleepygreg
27-04-2010, 09:17 PM
every one of them. Still have the odd sob over selling the Reef Raider. Would have been the perfect boat for me up here.....but was moving to Melbourne at the time and wouldnt have had anywhere to store it. (and that was MANY years ago)

Greg

Jono_SS
27-04-2010, 09:26 PM
I sort of know how you feel...I'm under a fair bit of pressure at the moment to sell the little AMM. Fortunately, I'm under equal pressure to invest in a boat with a cabin, to keep the wife and daughters out of the elements! If I had the money, I would love to have both in the garage. (Come to think of it, if I had the money, i'd probably have a garage!)

I remember the pre-boat days...I used to think catching tailor was land based game fishing. I suggest you invest in a big alvey and beach rod, and also some beach spinning gear.

regards.

Jono.

PinHead
27-04-2010, 11:30 PM
never been attached to them Mike..had 2 1/2 years of fun with the Chaparral..about the same time with the Striper..had the tinny for about a month now and not even taken it out of the shed. I don't get attached to boats.

Not going to get another Mike ??

finga
28-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Yeah, I get attached.
That's why I never sell them
4 of them sitting around now :D
'Tanoa' at Evans
'Junior' here in Warwick
'Idle Hours' in Brisbane and 'Donald' at Raby Bay.
And none of the buggers getting used :(

But none of them are worth much so there's no point in selling. Not worth the ad :undecided:

Daisy Burnett
28-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Yeah
I must admit as my old 5.2 Savage was towed away I gave her a bit of a pat and had sniff. I then looked down at the cheque in my hand and felt a bit better. Healing process will be complete next week when I pick up the new one.

Cheers
Daisy

Marlin_Mike
28-04-2010, 05:17 PM
My wife reckons I will bawl like a baby on saturday when the new owner tows her away.....................:cry: :cry: :grin: :grin: :shocked: :wink:

Oh well, bring on a new house, one with a big big titan shed so I can buy a bigger faster boat and put her in it:grin: :smiley: :grin:

finga
28-04-2010, 05:53 PM
God please tell me Kim has a video camera....please, pretty please with sugar on top.
I'll wash your car Kim if you take the video of Mike crying like a baby....honest I will.

And don't pray for a Titan Mike. A lot better sheds about.

marty+jojo
28-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I know how you feel Mike. I have had my Blue Fin for 7 years and i am thinking of selling it, as i need the cash. I just don't know if i can bring myself to do it.
Marty.

TimiBoy
28-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Bubi went last week. Maybe a lump in the throat for a sec, but the money's nice, and part of the plan.

Commiserations.

Tim

charleville
28-04-2010, 06:38 PM
I have had my little Quintrex runabout for 8 1/2 years and I am enjoying it more now than when I first got it despite the fact that the vinyls are all buggered and the paint is lifting in various places and the floor has now rotted so much that I found a toadstool growing in it after recent rain, and the trailer is showing too much rust.

All of the above is listed on my "to do" list

Other than all of the above, I get much joy from it and would also struggle to lose it.

Marlin_Mike
01-05-2010, 09:53 AM
God please tell me Kim has a video camera....please, pretty please with sugar on top.
I'll wash your car Kim if you take the video of Mike crying like a baby....honest I will.

And don't pray for a Titan Mike. A lot better sheds about.

Well she's gone, on her way to Southern NSW. :cry: :sad:

Bad Luck Scotty, no video to speak of.........I didn't cry once, not a tear matey.................:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Mike the Boatless Fisho..........

frankgrimes
01-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Bubi went last week. Maybe a lump in the throat for a sec, but the money's nice, and part of the plan.

Commiserations.

Tim

Hey Tim - You upgrading to something bigger?

Mick

TimiBoy
01-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Hey Tim - You upgrading to something bigger?

Mick

Mmmmm. Soon. Letting 12 months go by, see what the Economy does. I reckon it will be a basket case and I'll pick up everything I want for a song. If it doesn't, well, I still have my cash and can get back in!

Meanwhile the slip is being repaired on the pontoon, and I'm sure some nice person will want to park their 6.5 or so metre fishing boat on it...

Cheers,

Tim

finga
01-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Meanwhile the slip is being repaired on the pontoon,
Tim
Did the floppy bit that goes in the water rust out??

TimiBoy
02-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Did the floppy bit that goes in the water rust out??

Yup. Totally destroyed.

finga
02-05-2010, 08:08 AM
My brother has a spare.
His rusted out too so I made two up an had them galvanised. The bottom most cross-member is the weak link I reckon. His now has been redesigned to get rid of the joins at the cross-member.
They're designed to rust I reckon. Not well thought out at all. And mind boggling expensive to get another from the jetty mob.
They're all alloy now which in itself will create problems with dissimilar metals and all that.
Lucky your renting eh :)

TimiBoy
02-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Lucky your renting eh :)

Frankly? Lovin' it. Something's broken? Ring the Landlord. All I have to do is keep it clean (Cleaning Lady/Mumsy) and pay the rent.

Buying gear with my capital that makes me money. Win/win.

Like I said, lovin' it!!!

Cheers,

Tim