PDA

View Full Version : Hows an Encore go ?

undasize
26-04-2010, 08:04 PM
A big hello to all at Ausfish .
I would like to ask for some opinions of the Haines Hunter Encore , good or bad . I currently have a Seafarer Victory and would like to upsize over winter if I can make up my mind over what boat might come next . I have trawled through any previous posts with anything to do with the Encore and it seems a fare few of you guys have had some experience on them so I was hoping there might be someone out there that has been in both boats and could give me a comparison of there rides , handling and overall seaworthiness? I would hate to go backwards in any of these points !!!
I stay in my Victory whenever I can , but a little bit of extra room and fuel of the Encore sounds like it might be exactly what im looking for ?
Thanks in advance Shannon .

GBC
27-04-2010, 11:01 AM
The encore's a much bigger boat than a Victory.
Ride is better, handling is good but I'd think a victory is going to beat it in a slalom race if that's what you're asking.
Victory is always going to be quicker with the same h.p.., but the encore has a higher cruise speed through the crap because you can keep them in the water longer.
Seaworthiness - such a subjective question I'm not even going to offer an answer.
Encore's also a lot bigger on a trailer, towing etc., which must also be a consideration.

undasize
27-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Hey GBC ,
Thanks for the reply , Im expecting the ride to be better , having a deeper vee and of course more weight and boat in the water , but I have never been in a Haines before so I did not know what to expect and before I went driving across the country side looking at boats , would like to hear peoples opinions on weather it is a logical step up or not .
Cheers Shannon

adam sharkcat
27-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Hi There, i owned a 2000, 680encore back in 2006.my rig was powered with twin 150hp fitch rams.this boat for performance is bullet proof. the hull has no bad habbits at all.now i know the twin rig hull is diffrent to a single rig hull.the twin rig has a 300mm longer transom.this made a huge diffrence overall.ive been in a single rig and its very noticeable diffrence. one thing is performance and ride.now the reason i sold this rig was its a huge boat to tow and weight was 3.6tonnes on the trailer.big boat.
now one thing that i didnt like was...... for boat that was almost 7 mtrs long it has a smaller deck space then it should have.but one thing it does have its a huge cabin.its very big!!! put that a side a 680 encore twin rig you want go wrong for performance,fisherbillty,and it really great resale value. i had my boat for 2 years and used it ans sold it for a small profit.:wink: .also do yourself a favor and make sure you have a anchor winch.you will need it. hope this helps Adam.

Steeler
27-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Adam

I certainly enjoyed reading your report and i have no doubt the OP will get some benefit from it.Nice pic too.

Steeler

Captain Seaweed
27-04-2010, 07:44 PM
I believe the Encore is now the Patriot. I have only heard good things about them.
Marty

adam sharkcat
27-04-2010, 08:50 PM
I believe the Encore is now the Patriot. I have only heard good things about them.
Marty
Hi, the only thing that is diffrent between the patriot and encore is the curved windscreen and the dash has a bit more style about it.that all.same hull .they are real good just BIG. as stated if you go for one of these ,go twin rig you want regret it.:wink:

sleepygreg
27-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Captain Rednut has a 680 Patriot, maybe you could give him a PM. He is also a marine mechanic...so chances are he can give you a comparison between the two.

Greg

captain rednut
27-04-2010, 09:56 PM
hi shannon my patriot is a great sea boat, we use ours for gamefishing and find it the most suitable for what we do, the self draining deck and the high sides are the greatest attributes. the yamaha has done 800hrs in three years and some tournaments we do produce a 20-30 knot wind and we still have the confidence to stay till the end,
cheers jim