PDA

View Full Version : Boat Cover

Rodman
24-04-2010, 04:49 PM
I live on the Northside of Brissy.
Does anyone know of who will make me a boat cover for travelling at a reasonable price?
It is for a 4.75m side consol

Ken

sleepygreg
24-04-2010, 10:45 PM
At Sea Marine Trimming - Scarbie Marina. Paul will be able to sort you out. 07 3880 0066. Tell him Greg from the fishing club sent you.

Greg

485hussar
25-04-2010, 10:13 AM
if your boat is the one on your avatar you should be able to buy a generic one and it should fit quiet nicely. I'm on my second one now, first was ~$150 job off ebay but it perished after maybe 14mths. Bear in mind boat was parked in hot Central QLD sun for 100% of the time.
The cover I am on now is also an ebay job but I spent about $300 on it. Sorry I cant remember the brand of it but I believe the fabric on this one is 600D which is a tough UV resistant canvas. I found a link to it here
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=160328&page=5&highlight=capricorn+star
It has straps that go both over & under the boat and should all be tigtened up realy well before you trailer it.

The only problem I found with these generic ones is that any ammount of loosness will cause a crazy flapping action once you get on the highway. Multiply this by a few hours of driving and you could find some thin spots where it had been rubbing.
Another hint that I can suggest: my cover came with a carry bag made from the same canvas material. I cut this up and stitched it on at certian points where parts on the boat are pointy i.e bow roller, rope bollards at stern etc. I even made some little bootys that I put over the stern bollards before throwing the cover on so I can tighten the cover with no worries at all.

Why Not
25-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Sunset canvas in Toowoomba make a nice product as does Glenval Canvas.

Why Not

haggis
25-04-2010, 07:57 PM
try steves custom canopies at clontarf great work at great price
will make a cover for whatever your needs are
cheers jimmy