PDA

View Full Version : The Flip Side

Horse
24-04-2010, 03:09 PM
How would you go about flipping over a 17 fibreglass hull. The console has been removed. It is in a carport area but nothing to lift from above it. Estimated weight is around 400kgs

finga
24-04-2010, 03:18 PM
2 engine cranes??
One on the front lifting from the anchor/winch rope eye and one on the back lifting a sling (with a loop in the middle that goes in the hook of the engine crane) with the ends connected to the ski hooks.
Once lifted rotate and lower.

Or the footy team....
Or how big is the rotisserie on the BBQ??

Personally, I'd invite a few mates for a BBQ and once they're there use them to carry the hull out into the front yard, flip and carry back in.

Blackened
24-04-2010, 03:22 PM
G'day

7 mates and some tyres, drag it onto grass (if possible or would it have to be done where she lays )

Dave

Horse
24-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Ive got the tyres and yes it needs to be done in the carport. Not sure if I can get the muscle organised in time. I'm not sure if it can be managed by four.

Back to the drawing board

Lovey80
24-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Some lads in Gympie that are restoring my car mate up a big rotisserie using 50mm pipe. They can now rotate the car to why ever angle they like. I'll find a photo for you a bit later. It would only take a few hours to wack up and you can work on it standing up. One end a plate bolted through the engine mount holes the other from the winch eye. Below is a link to the page showing how how they did it. Time spent doing this is time saved later on when your working on the hull.

http://www.ausubaru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12696&page=2

cheers

chris