PDA

View Full Version : Merc. part req. but where to buy?

reddybayfisher
23-04-2010, 07:27 PM
The lock bar inside the remote control side mount has snapped - I've pulled it apart to get the lock bar out and now I am struggling to get a replacement - I've tried Springwood Marine with no luck & resorted to buy from Crowley Marine overseas but it has been three weeks and not yet arrived.....can anyone suggest somewhere else to try? The part no. is : 881138 lock bar....
Thanks...

reddybayfisher
23-04-2010, 07:30 PM
The lock bar inside the remote control side mount has snapped - I've pulled it apart to get the lock bar out and now I am struggling to get a replacement - I've tried Springwood Marine with no luck & resorted to buy from Crowley Marine overseas but it has been three weeks and not yet arrived.....can anyone suggest somewhere else to try? The part no. is : 881138 lock bar....
Thanks...

reddybayfisher
23-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks...

MyWay
24-04-2010, 10:42 AM
try this one
Onshore Marine

Cabbage Tree Point Rd
Woongoolba QLD 4207
(07) 5546 2480

ozscott
24-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Mate - if its a Merc why not try a Merc dealer....Bryan at Wondall Rd Marine/his Son Michael at Cooperoo Marine.

Cheers

funkngroovy
24-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Also try yatala outboard wreckers. I think they can get new parts also.

reddybayfisher
24-04-2010, 04:35 PM
try this one
Onshore Marine

Cabbage Tree Point Rd
Woongoolba QLD 4207
(07) 5546 2480

Cheers - I gave them a call and are calling Mercury for me on Tuesday to see if they can get the part.......I'll then proceed with the other suggestions......it surely can't be that hard to get this part....

Thanks

Steeler
24-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Reddy

Why so many dealers ringing Merc for the part,how many do you need ?.If its a buy in only part none are going to get it from Merc any quicker than the next.

Steeler

reddybayfisher
24-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Steeler - I have ordered on-line but it's taking far too long - three weeks now....so I have only rang On-shore marine....if they aren;t able to get it - I'll try the others then - but as you say they will all ring Mercury....but I don;t want to have to buy a whole new remote console for just a couple $ part.....I'll wait til Tuesday and see what the verdict is from On-shore marine....all going well they can get it in....