PDA

View Full Version : T-tops?

Flex
22-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Anyone know where i can get a decently priced T-top?

Either custom made or bought? and at a fair price?

Looked at atlantic towers, but for the price Im not sure how sturdy they are.

Noelm
22-04-2010, 03:46 PM
in my experience, all those "universal" ones you buy in kit form are weak and flimsy, but they are reasonably well priced and if you close your eyes and stand well back, they do look OK!! I would suggest to shop around for a good custom one (and pay the earth) but get exactly what you want with little brackets and things fitted for things like outriggers and lights, radio antennas, rod storage and so on, and be done with it once and for all.

bigjimg
22-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Greens Marine at Yatala get a good review on here.Sporty 1's got a thread going in the electronics section that shows his boat with one from them.Don't go the generic ones they will detract from your boats good looks.Jim. ps go to Page 4

Flex
22-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Yeah, that was my line of thinking.

If only I could weld stainless!

Marlin_Mike
22-04-2010, 04:01 PM
I have a Ocean South one from Bias Boating. Added a couple of extra braces to stop the wobble and no problems. Sturdy and still looks good. Cost me $390.00 all up after the extra 2 struts i bought. And I have the radios mounted up under the top now much cleaner and less clutter.

Mike

OPTI
22-04-2010, 05:34 PM
black marlin towers at gccm at coomera ,he does all the whaler t tops ,you can do chin ups off them ,if you want the best he is the man.

sporty1
22-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Yep

green marine, I have a slide out Ttop made in stainless and it adds to the boats usefullness and looks. See attached pics

bigjimg
22-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Noticed your T-Top when reading about your radio troubles Sporty1.Looks even better in those shots.Tidy setup.Jim