PDA

View Full Version : ql trim tabs

surveyor
21-04-2010, 09:31 AM
hey guys i have a couple of questions for the ql s how high from the bottom of the transom is the cable hole and what diameter is required and has any one had an issue with a hole that low on the transom (leaking ,is it filled with silastic or not because of the plug????)
Also is it an issue of the traditional style tabs when backing up

krazyfisher
21-04-2010, 09:38 AM
I have not had any problems backing up with bennet's but it would depend how fast you can go...

Chimo
21-04-2010, 11:12 AM
No issue with backing up with lencos either
C
C

Greg P
21-04-2010, 12:44 PM
The QLs have a rubber grommet/seal arrangement for the cable through the hull. The QL web site will have a pdf of the installation manual that will show you the size etc.

If you are talking about backing down on a billy etc given that trailer boats are always going to dig in I dont think you would notice the duck feet unless they were fully deployed.

Each to their own but I had Bennets on my last boat and they were fine but after having QLs I would never go back to either Bennet or Lencos.

surveyor
21-04-2010, 02:05 PM
so greg
no worries in the back of your mind about the holes down low ,i have a foam filled floor (As some others on this site have already done)and obviously cant keep an eye on leaks starting .thanks:D

Greg P
21-04-2010, 02:32 PM
No worries - They also use some sort of sikaflex type sealant on the grommet/tab housing as well. Never had an issue on mine.

TimiBoy
21-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Having assisted with the installation of mine, I can say with utter conviction that I would be BEYOND SURPRISED if they found a way to leak, at all, ever, unless they were very poorly installed. The design very specifically tightens itself to become leak proof.

Cheers,

Tim