PDA

View Full Version : VMR Raby Bay Open Day

Lucky_Phill
20-04-2010, 02:01 PM
VolunteerMarineRescueRabyBay 25th Anniversary Open Day

When:Saturday 8th May 20109am to 4pm

Where: VMR Base William StCleveland - adjacent to boat ramp

10:00 – Flare Display

Beach adjacent to base. Public welcome to watch and learn but only VMR crew permitted to light flares.

11:00 – Speeches

11:00 Welcome – Marcel Valado, VMR Raby Bay Commodore 11:10Melva Hobson - RedlandsMayor 11:20 Andrew Laming - Federal Member for Bow 11:30 Mark Robinson – State Member representing Premier and Emergency Services Minister 11:40 John Jacobsen VMR HQ State President - Dedication of Building to Trevor Pullinger

Seminars - Training Room

10:00 Darryl Blake – Budd’s Bait & Tackle - Fishing with Soft Plastics 12:00 Martin Hales – Ropes, Knots and Splices 1pm Brian Webb – FishingMoretonBay 2pm Bill Corten – Safety in Crossing Bars

Display

- Water Police, Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service display stand, Fire & Rescue Service fire truck, Ambulance, Bunnings, Defence Display, Haines and Suzuki – two boats in the water for test drives and a few boats on display, Cleveland Bowling Club – Bowling comp in RBII bay, VMR Raby Bay display, Navy Cadets, Cleveland Sailing Club – display, ECOfishers Qld inc.

Activities

- Knock out tug-o-war comp, Knot tying comp, Heaving line comp, Face Painting for the kids, Jumping castle for the kids

!! Soft Drinks and BBQ Stall by VMRRabyBay !!

**Win one of three rod & reel combos in our giant raffle**

.............................>><<.............................

......::::::.....

.<>.

charleville
20-04-2010, 02:46 PM
That looks like a damn fine day out.

Marlin_Mike
23-04-2010, 02:09 PM
We have confirmed the Australian Army will have a Bushranger with crew and recovery truck on display.

Mike

PS: Dont ask me what a Bushranger is................only one I knwo is Ned Kelly............;D :P

Marlin_Mike
28-04-2010, 03:07 PM
10 sleeps to go......dont forget to put it in your diary. The Army bushranger is an all terrain troop carrier assault vehicle thingy, something technical like that. Made by Land Rover. Like a 4 x 4 on severe steroids..........big hooer........................ Anyway see you there

Mike

Marlin_Mike
04-05-2010, 01:13 PM
:grin: Only 4 Sleeps to go till the Big Day :grin:

:grin: Be There or Be Square!!!!:grin:

Marlin_Mike
05-05-2010, 06:27 PM
:grin: Only 3 Sleeps to go till the Big Day :grin:

I work to afford fishing

Marlin_Mike
06-05-2010, 07:30 AM
:grin: Only 2 Sleeps to go till the Big Day :grin:

I work to afford fishing

theoldlegend
06-05-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm not going unless the Breaka Girls are gunna be there!!! :tongue:

TOL

Marlin_Mike
06-05-2010, 03:10 PM
:shocked: :rolleyes: They won't be there John, but their Grandmothers will be.......:grin: :cheesy:

timddo
06-05-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm not going unless the Breaka Girls are gunna be there!!! :tongue:

TOL

I would recommend TOL and Marlin Mike be in a 2 piece bikini.:grin: . It will even be better then the breaker girls.