PDA

View Full Version : Stacer Proline 3.49

.:::stotty:::.
18-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Hey fella's, been looking at purchasing a boat for a while now.

Have been looking over the stacer range and came along a proline 3.49. They are $1500rrp. Atm I havent looked at other brands and asking for everyones opionions on the prolines and other makers. It will be a car topper so no need for a trailer.

Cheers stotty

Noelm
19-04-2010, 01:45 PM
I guess they are OK, you get what you pay for, a mass produced to a price boat that will "do the job" but dont expect a million features, or custom work standards.

Jarrah Jack
19-04-2010, 05:31 PM
You don't want much more than the basic as, within reason , the lighter the better when moving a car topper, especially on your own.

Fido
19-04-2010, 07:26 PM
That's a good size and a popular brand. I have an older Savage 3.55 jabiru which has been cartopped around Australia. I made one modification. I filled in the transome and made it long shaft. I don't think Telwater ( who make quintrex,stacer and Savage) willproduce that size in a long shaft. So after you get you can fill the transome in or get the dealer to do it as part of the deal. The reason you want a long shaft is that for beach or creek launching it generally prevents water coming over the transome. One other reason is that you are casting and standing in the back of the boat it is better to look at that extra 5 or 6 inches in transome and the watr it is stopping coming in the boat.

I have also had a 4.16 Jabiru and a 4.00 metre Jabiru but I am older now and there is reason in the smaller boat in handling and getting off sandbanks by yourself.

Good luck.

wetryin
21-04-2010, 10:00 PM
A few years ago my first boat was a quintrex 340 cartopper.I think at the time the most hp was an 8 which powered along fine (I thought it got to 35-40kmph with 2 adults (me and the wife) any more and it was a putt up the river at crawlnig pace.
Then came along my first boy. 2 years later I have bought 2 more boats (and by the way another 2 boys), the last one boat being a full plate boat, still sticking with alloy, as the first boat was so impressive.
The boat (the cartopper) only weigheed (I think) 45kg so it certainly made the cartopper category as it had a really narrow beam of (I think) 1.40m and it was a great boat overall for the price.
It was technically a cartopper however I would give strong consideration getting a trailer as those slippery ramps are not worth losing a disc over and for the convienence of not having to pack all the boat back into the car before driving home I think worth it.