PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Minnow Jigheads & Sinkers

dayoo
18-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Following receipt of a shipment of moulds from the States 9 days ago I have been bloody busy over the past week making 400 ultra minnow jigheads (1/2 oz to 4 oz) and 300 bank sinkers (12 oz).

The bank sinkers are similar to snapper droppers but are a better design and shorter and fatter (like me) but are more practical as they present less surface area to the current and being shorter less likely to be banged up against the side of the boat.

Half the bank sinkers have already been snapped up by two charter operators and the ultra minnow jigheads will be trialled by the same charter operators over the next month.

The ultra minnow jigheads are designed to attach bucktails but can be slightly modified with a few strokes of a file to accommodate soft plastics. I am awaiting a shipment of 3D eyes for the jigheads.

Now that the better offshore months are upon us I look forward to posting reports with the jigheads hanging out of fish mouths.

Pics are attached.

Cheers
Barry

lippa
18-04-2010, 04:25 PM
nice job barry!

wags on the water
18-04-2010, 05:43 PM
They look great Barry. I'd be keen to hear what colour jighead works the best.

Cheers,
Wags

SWANO1
21-04-2010, 06:31 AM
nice work barry, what breed of hooks are you using? and 4 ounce is a monster jighead.
cheers swano

dayoo
21-04-2010, 10:13 AM
nice work barry, what breed of hooks are you using? and 4 ounce is a monster jighead.
cheers swano

Swano,

I have put a lot of research into the hooks and jigheads and I am using Mustad 32786BLN heavy duty needle point in sizes 3/0, 4/0, 5/0 and 6/0 in the 1/2 oz to 11/2 oz, Mustad 91715 heavy duty 7/0 in the 2oz and the big daddy Mustad 34184 extra heavy duty 8/0 in the 3 and 4 oz.
I have also Mustad 34184 heavy duty 6/0 available instead of the 6/0 needlepoint. All these hooks are machine forged for extra strength.

I have requests to supply the 2 oz, 3 oz and 4 oz size in white and silver to some well known charter operators who do overnighters on the shelf.

Cheers
Barry