PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex Extrusion

banshee
18-04-2010, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know what this Extrusion shape is called or where I can get a piece about 150mm long?It is a fluted piece of pipe 60mm ID with a flat of approx 2-3mm thick as part of it (doesn't appear to be welded on),Quintrex use it for seat bracing.I doubt (but haven't tried yet) Quintrex would sell direct to the public and though my local dealer has a piece 150mm long packaged up on the shelf I find the price tag of $96 a little hard to swallow.....so any help would be appreciated.

Salad Fingers
18-04-2010, 02:32 PM
$90 for a 150mm long piece of extrusion isnt that bad?
Aluminium prices have gone up a lot in the past couple of years.
I'd be interested if you find it significantly cheaper elsewhere direct to the public.

Dan5
18-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Try Capral........i'm pretty sure they do that profile........problem is you'll have to buy a length........prolly 4mtrs.

You could go to your local boatbuilder/sheetmetal workshop and ask them to fabricate one for you.I've made similar one's for fixing to thwart seat's before....some correct pipe ID (51mm).from memory and some 100x6mm flatbar makes an even better one.

Dan

Jackinthebox
20-04-2010, 12:15 AM
I might have the exact genuine piece you are looking for mate.

Gotta check the box of tricks. Do you want the one with the base on it or the version where the seat pole goes all the way through it?

Mick