PDA

View Full Version : pe tackle flys

lippa
18-04-2010, 01:57 PM
would love to know some more about these products! vertico you have them sussed!!!! any chance you could show us the entire range, colours ect. and best teqniques to fish them in se qld reef areas? tackle required ect.
and obviously include a link so i can buy some!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers

lippa

Jabba_
18-04-2010, 02:53 PM
I would like to know more also..

brisbane_boy
18-04-2010, 03:43 PM
If you get on the mo- tackle site go to the hooks section they stock the pe now.

Red Bull
20-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Fellas, you should be able to find everything on the PE tackle website.....

http://www.petackle.com

Spot82
23-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Hi Guys,

Sean aka Vertico has designed the range over PEtackle Flys over the last few years, on the last few trips I have done with him we have been trying different techniques and new colour combinations and continue to develop the range.

All the details can be found on the PEtackle website with regards to colours and the range.

As for how to fish with them, you can rig them up as you typically would for whatever species you are chasing. We typically use a 2 or 3 hook snell rig with the fly as the back hook and a large fillet of bait when using a running ball rig, or if fishing paternoster style, single hook with the fly and a large bait.

Next trip we will get some video of various rigs and techniques we use hopefully as long as the fishing isn't too slow!

These flys have accounted for a large range of fish species including: red emperor, coral trout, red throats, pearl pearch, parrot, cobia, various cod species and even a marlin. If you have a look on the website Sean has some bulk packs which cotain a number of fly colours which typically work well for certain species.

www.petackle.com (http://www.petackle.com)

In addition soon to be on the market are the range of petackle hooks, initially these will be available only in 6/0, 8/0 & 10/0 circles and 8/0 deep vee styles. These hooks are what the flys are built on and the strenght and quality of these hooks for the price is second to none. These should be available in the coming weeks so keep an eye out :D

If you have any other questions please ask in here and Sean or I can help you out with an answer ;)

Regards

Anthony

lippa
23-04-2010, 11:25 AM
awesome thank you very much. when fishing on a paternoster or float lining, do you put action into the bait as you would say a soft plastic? just placed an order, can the snelled floater rigs come pre rigged? i have fat fingers and find them hard to tie in a rocking boat!!!!!!

cheers

lippa

vertico
23-04-2010, 09:44 PM
lippa,

just let me know how you want em rigged i can tie them up for you on whatever size leader required including some fluorocarbon sizes. You dont need to impart any action on them at all as the hair with the current makes the baits come alive and attract all sorts of uglies from the deep :P

if anyone wants to come check them out before you purchase Iam based in brisbane and you are more than welcome.

Thanks again

Sean

lippa
24-04-2010, 09:07 AM
cheers mate i will work out what i want and send you a message.

honda900
24-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Anthony / Sean,

What would you recommend for a swains trip, (going in 2 weeks) basically to attach to a patternosta rig?

Regards
HOnda.

dayoo
24-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Anthony / Sean,

What would you recommend for a swains trip, (going in 2 weeks) basically to attach to a patternosta rig?

Regards
HOnda.

Honda mate attach hooks and some bait:rolleyes: . Sorry couldn't resist.

These pe tackle rigs are a larger version of the old flasher rigs made by Mustad. I have been using them for a few years they are very good on hussar, Reds and most reef species. I made up some about a month ago on 8/0 owner hooks. Will try them next trip.

Cheers
Barry

vertico
24-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Barry and any others interested,

if you have a closer look at the flys they are alot different to mustad and black magic rigs. If you buy some PEtackle rigs just have a look next time you are in BCF or other tackle stores. Its all about quality and colours which work. Super strong hooks which you can rig them how you like. Best of all we use what we sell and field test all new colours before we market them. Why sell something that doesnt work. Doesnt sound right to me selling something that doesnt work.

H0nda900 - pm me your email address and ill send you some info

Sean

Ill get off my horse now

dayoo
24-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Barry and any others interested,

if you have a closer look at the flys they are alot different to mustad and black magic rigs. If you buy some PEtackle rigs just have a look next time you are in BCF or other tackle stores. Its all about quality and colours which work. Super strong hooks which you can rig them how you like. Best of all we use what we sell and field test all new colours before we market them. Why sell something that doesnt work. Doesnt sound right to me selling something that doesnt work.

H0nda900 - pm me your email address and ill send you some info

Sean

Ill get off my horse now

Sean I was not having a go at the rigs. All I was pointing out was the idea of bling tied to a hook has been around for years especially in the states. New stronger hooks and more colourful bling is all that has changed. The colours at the back end of the colour spectrum (green, blue and purple) have always been the ones that work best in deep water especially with some silver dassle.

I am sure your rigs work very well keep up the good work.

Cheers
Barry

vertico
24-04-2010, 08:52 PM
yerh not having a crack just saying these rigs are far superior :P

haha

sean