PDA

View Full Version : I Finally See The New Boat

Daisy Burnett
17-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Well I fianally got the call that the new boat was at the dealer and ready for the fit out. I went down there today for my first real look at her. There are still heaps of bits and pieces to be put on her but here are some of the preliminary Pics:

Daisy

Fatenhappy
17-04-2010, 05:10 PM
What power plant for her Daisy?

nigelr
17-04-2010, 06:08 PM
What kind of boat? I'm guessing Tabs but to be honest I can't tell from the pics...... but I love the transom setup.
Cheers.

Daisy Burnett
17-04-2010, 06:12 PM
What power plant for her Daisy?

F&H
Fitting her with a 115 Opti two stroke. I dont mind the little extra noise. At least I know it is still running....

Daisy Burnett
17-04-2010, 06:14 PM
What kind of boat? I'm guessing Tabs but to be honest I can't tell from the pics...... but I love the transom setup.
Cheers.

Nigelr
Yep got it in one. She's a 5.7 Tabs Ocean Series. Yeah sorry about the pics (my first attempt to attach) I will post some better ones next week when I pick her up.

Daisy

bigjimg
17-04-2010, 06:29 PM
Great rig there Daisy,my original choice when first sussing out a new rig after i sold the fin,just couldn't go past the Signature when I came across her.Be interested in your assessment when you get her on the water.How did you go with the tyres on the Dunny?What brand etc.Jim

Daisy Burnett
17-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Great rig there Daisy,my original choice when first sussing out a new rig after i sold the fin,just couldn't go past the Signature when I came across her.Be interested in your assessment when you get her on the water.How did you go with the tyres on the Dunny?What brand etc.Jim

Jim
Yeah looking forward to giving a full assessment as soon as I can get her wet. As for the tyres they are still a dunbier brand tyre but they are now better made with a six ply side wall and rated LT. I have been assured that the problems of the old tyres is in the past. Fingers crossed. I will be keeping close tabs on them asI will be towing it from Melbourne to Townsville at the end of the year.

Cheers
Daisy

Daisy Burnett
12-05-2010, 08:35 PM
OK guys finally after some mucking around with rego,s etc I have the new boat and so far so good. I have not had the chance to get her wet yet, but hopefully in the next couple of weeks I will get some time off to try her out and run her in. She came equipped with the following:

Bilge Pump
Deck Wash
Plumbed Kill and Live bait tanks
27Meg anf VHF radio's
AM/FM radio CD player
Two LED deck lights, LED Forward light and LED under gunwale lighting
Humminbird 798ci GPS/Scanner
QL Trim Tabs
Electric Drum Anchor Winch
Binimi and extension
Toneau Cover
Trailer stone guards
Self Draining Deck
115 Optimax
Hydro Steering
and Sarco Anchor.

Needless to say I am in love and was busted by the wife on Sat just sitting in the boat having a beer and listening to the radio. Below are some pics. Better than the last ones I hope...

bdaearth
12-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Um is that boat in a class room :) nice looking rig now you just have to get it wet and there is nothing wrong with sitting in your boat to have a beer I think we have all done it:tongue:

Daisy Burnett
12-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah it is in a class room but at least it is out of the Melbourne weather.

Daisy

Jarrah Jack
12-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Whatdoya take it to school with you..you'll be shooting pool with it next.

Jono_SS
13-05-2010, 12:05 PM
A lovely looking rig there. I like the "privacy screen" - my family requested one as well, which is hopefully being installed right now. I'm picking up the boat on saturday, so will be drinking beers and listening to the radio Saturday arvo in the driveway (i don't have any keys to a classroom) while I get her ready, then taking the family out for the maiden voyage on Sunday.

I hope you have a lot of fun times on board.

bigjimg
13-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Don't worry i sank a few coldies in the driveway and contemplated life when i got my rig.That boat looks great,are you a teacher and will be conducting class from the cockpit.Any disruption will be met with a gaff shot under the armpit.Let us know how she goes when you get a chance.Well done.Jim

Rhinoc
14-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Needless to say I am in love and was busted by the wife on Sat just sitting in the boat having a beer and listening to the radio. Below are some pics. Better than the last ones I hope...

That's hilarious. Don't see the problem in that at all. My wife wouldn't be shocked to find me asleep on the floor of my boat, whilst in the driveway.

Nice boat.

Rhino...

Daisy Burnett
17-05-2010, 08:22 AM
Don't worry i sank a few coldies in the driveway and contemplated life when i got my rig.That boat looks great,are you a teacher and will be conducting class from the cockpit.Any disruption will be met with a gaff shot under the armpit.Let us know how she goes when you get a chance.Well done.Jim

When teaching class from the cockpit an acurate cast with a heavy lead generally keeps things in line. Works for me.:cool: :cool:

Daisy