PDA

View Full Version : Evans reef fishing in doubt

banshee
16-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Seems the authorities at the RAAF are calling a meeting with different groups including rec/commercial fishers with regards to the proposed boundary changes of the Evans Head (nth NSW) bombing range.It seems they are about to start useing the range to test a new aircraft weapon who's range is five miles,this will in turn lead to the range being extended from Snapper Head to the mouth of Jeruslem (sp) Creek and a distance of 7nm seaward.This will wipe out all of the close in fishing at Evans with only the Patch (half a footy field 10nm seaward) left.Will be interesting to see the outcome.

stonecold
17-04-2010, 07:15 AM
Great, if the greens don't get us one way, the powers that be will do it another way. Most of Evans can pack up and move elsewhere now if thats successful.
You would think that somewhere on the coast there would have to be a stretch of relatively unused area they could cary out that excercise....I can think of several although not exclusively coastal ;)

I would have thought that given the areas alleged critical value as a green zone to the conservationist it would be sacralidge to bomb the crap out of it.

finga
17-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Oh no...Kaos out of bounds...:o
Lucky the bar is that bad it's usually near impossible to get then eh?? :-/

onerabbit
17-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Bugger,
you guys might have to come up to Ballina a bit more often.

let me know if you need a few starter marks.

Muzz

LostNearBribie
17-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Couldn't they do all the testing in Canberra?
I'm sure no one would have a problem with that...