PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Mooloolaba

indy
12-04-2010, 03:30 PM
G’day

Headed out Saturday morning leaving home at 4am with just the three of us for a overnighter out of mooloolaba. We headed north hitting the usuall spots picking up a few fish here and there but a lot quieter during the day then normal. This all changed from about 4pm till dark with the pearlies going off there brain. We where anchored up on a show after about an hour of sounding around looking for something with that little bit of a difference on the sounder.

First drop to the bottom not much action but could see good fish on the sounder a few metres up off the bottom so I wound up about four metres sat the rod in the holder and waited for a while, that’s when the biggest pearlie of the trip 3.7kg hit my rod and from then on it was just crazy. No sooner did you hit the bottom you just had to wind up and bang they smashed anything in front of them. This went on for a couple of hours realising heaps of fish hoping for the snapper to come on the chew but they didn’t really happen.

We moved after a while an anchor on a snapper spot and camped here for the night getting a few squire and some other odds and ends until eight oclock and then headed for home. Great trip had by all looking like a good season.

Cheers pete...

JJT
12-04-2010, 03:37 PM
nice mate nice where bouts off m/bar where ya far enuf for pearlies clearly lol
regards jason

lethal098
12-04-2010, 04:02 PM
nice stuff Pete, gotta be happy with a box like that. i dont think my phone rang with invite??
cheers Lee

seapup
12-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Nice work Pete some ripper pearlies in there!

wags on the water
12-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Good effort Pete. What were the conditions like late afternoon/ early evening?

Cheers,
Wags

kitty_cat
12-04-2010, 04:41 PM
nice catch pete , we were the opposite the snapper were chewing and good size ones but little amounts of perlies, same as as far the day went bits here and there then 4pm and bang snapps one after the other. i cant get the camera or any usb device to work on my computer hence no report,

wayne

hungry6
12-04-2010, 05:05 PM
Alot of good chewin fish there Pete. I need to get out there sometime soon, been pretty busy with family stuff.

indy
12-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Lethal ill keep you in mind for the next one I owed a mate a trip from a long time ago that wired a telephone line for me and had to take my regular deckie.

JJt up around 60 klms north mate

Wags we had about twenty knots through the night but calmed down again in the morning we where out of there around 8.ooam nice run home did you get out.

Bad luck with the computer wayne what size where the snapps

JayT
12-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Good stuff Indy,
Nice bag mate, bring on winter and the big snaps:)
Cheers Jay

wags on the water
12-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Pete, we did venture out, (left ramp at 2pm), east of the SP bar but the conditions deteriorated around 5.00pm - a good 20knots and a drift not slowed with the shute. Probably a little dangerous to anchor up, so we came back in just on dark. End result 1 moke @ 3.5kg but quite a bit of new ground found for next trip.

Cheers,
Wags

Darren J
12-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi Wags,
Don't forget if your ever looking for someone to tag along or go on a mid weeker when you have no other takers I am always keen!.

Cheers,
Darren
PS. I can even bring a Sabiki bait jig rod :wink:

aerordauto
12-04-2010, 08:17 PM
hello pete that is a top effort, was that you near us sharkcat27 foot.
we had the anchor stuck for a while but managed to get free, then moved 5 km up. this seemed better up there and left to early by the sounds of it.
cheers mark

-spiro-
12-04-2010, 08:30 PM
good sh!t Peteó well done

dayoo
12-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Nice bag Pete. Can't wait for the next trip up there on "Alexander".

Cheers
Barry

sleepygreg
12-04-2010, 08:59 PM
very nice bag of fish. Some quality chewing there.

Greg

Vitamin Sea
13-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Top catch Pete, some real quality there.

Cheers

indy
13-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Mark yeah that was us i thought you where a pro first so i stopped about a 1km before my mark then realized you guy's where not. I no nathan that was in the boat with you would have come up and said hello if i had of realized it was you guy's.

Liberty
19-04-2010, 05:11 PM
Some great fish there.

Congrats!

nougs
19-04-2010, 08:20 PM
crackin' pearlies there! top stuff

aerordauto
19-04-2010, 08:34 PM
hello indy vice versa but was not sure if it was u will say hello next time.
cheers mark