PDA

View Full Version : first offshore trip with missus= y'fin tuna!

serge975
12-04-2010, 01:07 PM
After much badgering and promises of fish, my missus finally agreed to coming offshore for the first time. We have a 4.8m quin topender, so opportunities dont arise often, but with perfect conditions yesterday, my persistence finally prevailed.
We were out through the seaway at 6am and were soon greeted by the carpark that was the 1 mile bait reef. As this was not the picture of tranquility and solitude I'd promised the wife, we exited stage left and ventured a little wider.
Found a good show , anchored up and started burleying, and got a spotty on the first drop (live yakka)
Had regular action then for the next hour and boated 4 diff species.
in order, spotty(live yakka-1/2 way to bottom)
mack tuna(live yakka-)on bottom
yellowfin tuna(floated live yakka)- this is the first yellowfin ive seen. what a beuautiful fish.
then we nailed a nice spaniard to finish on an unweighted livie.

The missus loved it and had an absolute ball, was so good to see her attached to a quality fish.
Mackeral steaks for the next week and all is good in the world

Teachnthekids
12-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Nice work Serge!

Good to see the ladies getting involved - wish mine would but she wont go offshore!

Getting connected to a couple of good fish doesnt hurt either!

Cheers
Rob

JJT
12-04-2010, 03:42 PM
mate the bait on the one mile reef turned out to be macks anyway lol but great catch especially the y/fin top notch.
regards jason

Sabre
12-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Mate,

Nothing better than our "better halves" going out and enjoying what we do. Congrats on a good day, and I dare say it won't be the last.

FireFly
12-04-2010, 10:10 PM
...now that's a darn good ad for 'Hot Tuna'! :beer:

Top job putting the boss onto the fish Serge, hope you enjoy many more days like it.

Rob