PDA

View Full Version : Mondy Barra Trophy this weekend

matt fraser
12-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Things are shaping up very nicely for Mondy this weekend, thanks to Brian there is finally a good report from Mondy. It looks like we'll have around 15 - 20 teams turning up, which I will be very happy with. Its not too late to rock up on the day, the more the merrier!

FRIDAY NIGHT REGISTRATION & BRIEFING
The Registration and briefing will start from 6.30pm Friday at the Gin Gin Hotel, and Rob Woods will be putting on a keg from this time, counter meals available. Jason Erlich will also be doing a barra presentation from this time to keep you all entertained, the Karaoke will be later! http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/bb3/images/smilies/icon_cool.gif
The presentation will start at 8pm.

ENTRIES
Postal and Faxed Entries are now closed.
Cash entries will be taken up untill 7.30pm on Friday night.
For those Paying on the night bring the correct cash
If you need to join or renew your ABT Membership, you can do so at the briefing - bring cash.
To make things quicker on the night, print and fill out entry form and membership form, from australianbarra.com.au NOW and bring them with you.
Also bring boat insurance forms.

Checklist
Brag Mat
Knotless Landing Net
Entry, Membership, insurance sorted
Accom booked and ask for late checkout sunday
Check and pack tackle
Charge elec batteries
Check SIP is current
Camera batteries, clear all old pics off memory card (please)

SPONSORS
Thanks very much to the following sponsors for their generous support
Pflueger
Berkley
Shakespeare
BarraMaddness Fishing Charters
Foxies Barra Havoc
The Tackle Warehouse
Storm Lures
Plano - Gillies
Halco Lures
Gin Gin Hotel
Lab Maps

Cheers, hope to see you there,

Matt

Further enquiries to Me on 0407 132 153 or 3341 1883 (BH)

snodger 08
12-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Good luck Matt. Wish I was going to be there. Bit of a Karaoke pig after a few few beers "L"
Steve

themissus
12-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Good luck Matt, hope it all goes well. Looks like you have a great weekend mapped out. Wish we could get there, maybe next time. Looking forward to the reports/results.
Cheers Kim.

darylive
12-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Best of luck fellows.

Tropicaltrout
12-04-2010, 08:52 PM
As has been said Mat hope all have a safe and great comp, wish I could attend will be there next year if ya have it!

Nath

matt fraser
12-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Cheers team, I'm just hoping to have some decent results and a good report to post come monday.

Matt

Big_Ren
12-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Yes best of luck Matty. It's a bloody great initiative of yours and you really deserve full credit. It'll be a hit for sure.

Cheers
Paul

NAGG
13-04-2010, 06:17 AM
Hope everything goes well for you Matt & Best of luck to all those competing . Would have liked to be there rather than heading down to Sydney - that's for sure

Have a great one

Chris

Steve B
13-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Good luck on the Weekend Matt. you have put heaps of effort in, and its good to see a steady roll up of teams. Hopefully plenty more come out closer to the night.

Weather is overcast and drizzle at the moment.....but I like that. Most important its not cold. From what I hear, speaking to a few travellers yesterday, there is a few fish being caught. Things have been improving daily for the last week for one crew. I think they mangaged 2-3 fish per day over past 2 days of trip, but had plenty more hits etc the further the week went on. Should be a quiet week on the water (no holidays etc)...so things are looking up.

Unfortunatly I have a wedding on the sunny coast Sat night, but I will catch up for a coldie at the briefing Fri night!!

Cheers Steve

matt fraser
13-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Yes best of luck Matty. It's a bloody great initiative of yours and you really deserve full credit. It'll be a hit for sure.

Cheers
Paul

Thanks Paul, the first might not be a huge hit, but its a work in progress,

Matt

matt fraser
13-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Hope everything goes well for you Matt & Best of luck to all those competing . Would have liked to be there rather than heading down to Sydney - that's for sure

Have a great one

Chris

I would have loved to have the 'Mayor' in attendance for the inaguaral Barra Trophy :smiley: sorry to hear you can't make it mate! I'm sure we'll see you there in the future.

Cheers,

Matt

matt fraser
13-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Good luck on the Weekend Matt. you have put heaps of effort in, and its good to see a steady roll up of teams. Hopefully plenty more come out closer to the night.

Weather is overcast and drizzle at the moment.....but I like that. Most important its not cold. From what I hear, speaking to a few travellers yesterday, there is a few fish being caught. Things have been improving daily for the last week for one crew. I think they mangaged 2-3 fish per day over past 2 days of trip, but had plenty more hits etc the further the week went on. Should be a quiet week on the water (no holidays etc)...so things are looking up.

Unfortunatly I have a wedding on the sunny coast Sat night, but I will catch up for a coldie at the briefing Fri night!!
Cheers Steve

Thanks for the update Steve, great to hear more positive reports. See you Friday night.

Cheers,

Matt

Tropicaltrout
13-04-2010, 07:16 PM

Cheers Steve

Hey Stevie ditch the wedding thingy and Prinny and I will take ya Jackin:cool:

Steve B
13-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Hey Stevie ditch the wedding thingy and Prinny and I will take ya Jackin:cool:

love to mate!!!!..but it would end in divorce for sure!!!

Chicks love weddings....I love the free pi$$!!!!!

Stevo!!

robersl
16-04-2010, 08:08 AM
love to mate!!!!..but it would end in divorce for sure!!!

Chicks love weddings....I love the free pi$$!!!!!

Stevo!!
Isn't that the same thing steve you love weddings for the free piss

shane

NAGG
17-04-2010, 06:23 PM
I hear that Pete & Kyle won this mornings session & are running 2nd after the second session - 7 fish landed between them 8-)

How good is that :)

with a little luck - hopefully they can bring it home in the morning and win it !

Chris

Obi _ Wan
17-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Is there a web site where we can see the results?

John.

Steve B
17-04-2010, 09:09 PM
Thats awesome news Chris, Thanks!!

Great to see the boys getting fish, and going great guns. 7 fish between them is a great days fishing....!!

Cant wait to hear the final results. hope they get some tommorrow!

Cheers Steve

Whitto
18-04-2010, 06:55 AM
Is there a web site where we can see the results?

John.

The only web page I'm aware of John is the ABT Barra site where this Comp was introduced......No results yet......Great to see Pete and Kyle doing good.

NAGG
18-04-2010, 07:36 AM
Thats awesome news Chris, Thanks!!

Great to see the boys getting fish, and going great guns. 7 fish between them is a great days fishing....!!

Cant wait to hear the final results. hope they get some tommorrow!

Cheers Steve

apparently Pete said it was their best days barra fishing (fish wise) - 8-)

Considering the conditions ....... better still

Chris

BR65
18-04-2010, 07:42 AM
well done boys, keep it going!

Was Pete playing net man for Kyle AGAIN, or did he stop making sangers and get on the fish as well? ;D

Whitto
18-04-2010, 08:12 AM

Was Pete playing net man for Kyle AGAIN, or did he stop making sangers and get on the fish as well? ;D

Gee's Pete don't stop making sangers some one has to keep Kyles strength up.

BR65
18-04-2010, 08:14 AM
have you seen the size of Kyle , Whitto? He is a strapping young fella, reckon he would eat Pete out of the house.

darylive
18-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Congratulations to Kath and Kim Noice.

Snuggled into a cabin with all the mod cons and cleaning up the comp.

NAGG
18-04-2010, 09:19 AM

not sure at this stage ..... being a teams event , probably doesn't matter :P I'll try to find out more after lunch .... should have the final results.

Chris

btw - 7 landed yesterday & as many lost :P Only 5 teams (19 in total ) had landed fish ........ so the boys are doing well

PaulMark
18-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Well done to Pete and Kyle,hope they get the result they deserve.Thats a damn good effort 7 fish.Just goes to show time on the water does make the difference.
Thanks for the update Chris.
Paulo

Pete62
18-04-2010, 10:22 AM
I spoke to Pete yesterday arvo and in his words "Best day eva" they found the honey hole with a wide variety of size fish actively feeding, as reported 7 boated and plenty of bust ups on big fish.

Can only imagine how keen they would have been this morning.

Way to go lads.

Pete.

leelee
18-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Thats great news. Well done guys.

Thats shines a bright light on my trip for next weekend thats for sure.

Cheers

Lee

NAGG
18-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Well - a big congrats to Pete & Kyle ( 2nd place) ..... pipped at the post by a pretty decent fishoe in Dan Grech.
Apparently they dropped a couple of good fish this morning. :'( The boys are over the moon though & Pete will have a report for us tonight

Chris

PS - where did these frikken rabbits come from !

NAGG
18-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Well - a big congrats to Pete & Kyle ( 2nd place) ..... pipped at the post by a pretty decent fishoe in Dan Grech.
Apparently they dropped a couple of good fish this morning. :'( The boys are over the moon though & Pete will have a report for us tonight

Chris

PS - where did these frikken rabbits come from !

Correction - Pete & Kyle came 3rd (pipped by Jason Erlich)

Trev & Crofty came 6th

Chris

davez104
18-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Was crofty fishing with his old man, or a different Trev?? Sorry, not up on the entry lists.

NAGG
18-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Was crofty fishing with his old man, or a different Trev?? Sorry, not up on the entry lists.

No Trev Burgess (Awoonga)

davez104
18-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Cool. Thanks.

matt fraser
18-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Results now up on australianbarra.com.au

Pete and Kyle were on fire Saturday, and very unlucky with big fish both days.

I'm looking forward to Pete's report should be a ripper!

I'll be doing one tomorrow as well, very tired, must sleep!

Cheers,

Matt

themissus
18-04-2010, 09:24 PM
Congrats Pete and Kyle on a great result!! Looking forward to the reports!!!

Steve_Morgan
19-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Report up.

http://www.australianbarra.com.au/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=90

SM

PaulMark
19-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Well done Matt on a top job,a big relief for you I bet.Its good when a plan comes together.
Paulo.