PDA

View Full Version : banks. no snapper

lippa
11-04-2010, 08:28 PM
pulled some justa pearls in 80 mts went shallow then and found some RTE eneded up with good mixed bag for 5hr's fish time. cracka trev come aboard, and carefully released. good time with great blokes. deano may care to elaborate;D

lippa
11-04-2010, 08:33 PM
forgot how hard it was to post pics!.........

-spiro-
11-04-2010, 08:59 PM
thats a good mix of fillets mate. where you on the banks or hards?

Angla
11-04-2010, 10:37 PM
All those Red throat emperor that we have all thrown back are of size now are they? Some look to be a fair bit over the minimum too.

Cheers
Chris

lippa
12-04-2010, 08:15 AM
yeah mate they same to have grown up a bit!!!! there are some 2+ kilo ones there. probably caught as many again that were just under. went east of the banks to start then come back in to that 35-40m line.

dayoo
12-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Good on ya lippa nice bag mate. Good to see that Deano shared in the catch as he deserved a change of luck.

Cheers
Barry

indy
12-04-2010, 05:15 PM
G'day lippa nice going good to see some quality red throat, thats not stewy in that photo is it?

Are you going to hang onto the boat now or is she still for sale?

crabby 1
12-04-2010, 07:46 PM
Hey lip at least your crew pulled their wieght in the fish department i had a crook http://www.ausfish.com.au/yabbfiles/Smilies/sick2.gifcobber and a skipper that bludged all triphttp://www.ausfish.com.au/yabbfiles/Smilies/lolk.gifshaping up to be a good season hope we give the black boats plenty of sea time this winter.

cheers fred

lippa
12-04-2010, 07:51 PM
cheers barry, deano has had some shockers lately, but he's learnt from them and all the better for them. been outa the ausfish scene for a while mate, whats happing with the rrff review? pm if ya like.

not stewy, thats his little brother brad. alot louder and alot more annoying than stew!!!!!! think i heard you on the radio how'd you go? got an add running on the trading post, probably just let it run and see what happens. not trying real hard. had some dead set dropkicks ring, and email about it. had been a while since i had a chance to get out and forgot how good it was. was only selling her to put a deposit on a second house, but i changed my mind there and got some other investment opportunity's to consider. still undecided but probably just through a new motor and trailer at it and hang on to her.

lippa
12-04-2010, 07:54 PM
hahah nice one fred! your skipper gets a lil stroppy!!!!!!!!! jokes. poor cobber was trying hard, thank Christ i don't get sea sick. at least you bloke got some squappers, we didnt land one. great day all the same

Dean1
12-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Ive learnt that 25kt + winds seem to shy the fish away, makes a difference in half decent conditions.

Bet your'e glad you took me Lip or that catch would have looked pretty sad. You blokes need some more practice by the looks of it.. All those big Redthroat I caught and I only ended up with one. :(

bdaearth
12-04-2010, 08:42 PM
the trev may have swum away but I bet he couldn't see real well :smiley:

crabby 1
13-04-2010, 09:28 AM
he is fine he just needs a cuddle every now and again maybe you need to come with us one trip and we can both show him how to put those scaley things in the eskyhttp://www.ausfish.com.au/yabbfiles/Smilies/laugh.gif

cheers fred

lippa
13-04-2010, 11:58 AM
lol, you noted my sarcasim!!!!! it was bazza first trip out, he has a bit to learn about fish handling techniques, but he was an absolute pleasure to have aboard. lucky you were out there dean, or else no one would have caught anything, we humbly thank you for your presence. pretty good effort by the boys i thought deano, considering there skill level, maybe a lil more attentiveness on brads part may have seen him land those big hits he had.

he is a big cuddly teddy bear aye fred! just dont go near him when there's steam coming outa his ears!!!! kinda wishing i had that hard top on the trip home.

supa29
13-04-2010, 07:23 PM
[quote=lippa;1151427]pulled some justa pearls in 80 mts went shallow then and found some RTE eneded up with good mixed bag for 5hr's fish time. cracka trev come aboard, and carefully released. good time with great blokes. deano may care to elaborate;D[/quote, even deano might pull a good fish off there

Lipper you had to take the bloody jinx, deano struggles to catch a cold in the middle of winter. i bet you had to re-teach him how to fish. i went out with him not long ago and he blamed the rod and the line then the bait, i think you know what im talking about.
Nice fish anyway way mate good to see a few showing up and that 80m ground has great potential for winter.

good trip mate

kel.........

Dean1
13-04-2010, 07:43 PM
[quote=lippa;1151427]pulled some justa pearls in 80 mts went shallow then and found some RTE eneded up with good mixed bag for 5hr's fish time. cracka trev come aboard, and carefully released. good time with great blokes. deano may care to elaborate;D[/quote, even deano might pull a good fish off there

Lipper you had to take the bloody jinx, deano struggles to catch a cold in the middle of winter. i bet you had to re-teach him how to fish. i went out with him not long ago and he blamed the rod and the line then the bait, i think you know what im talking about.
Nice fish anyway way mate good to see a few showing up and that 80m ground has great potential for winter.

good trip mate

kel......... Your'e that full of it your'e eyes are turning brown Ned.

I know who my good crew are ;)

Dean1
13-04-2010, 07:59 PM
lol, you noted my sarcasim!!!!! it was bazza first trip out, he has a bit to learn about fish handling techniques, but he was an absolute pleasure to have aboard. lucky you were out there dean, or else no one would have caught anything, we humbly thank you for your presence. pretty good effort by the boys i thought deano, considering there skill level, maybe a lil more attentiveness on brads part may have seen him land those big hits he had.

he is a big cuddly teddy bear aye fred! just dont go near him when there's steam coming outa his ears!!!! kinda wishing i had that hard top on the trip home. I think one thing you really need to learn Bryan is how to take it coz your'e a master at giving it (crap that is)

If the shoe was on the other foot I would still be hearing about it no doubt.

No wonder I dont post here anymore..

lippa
13-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Gunna take this one well off ausfish

supa29
13-04-2010, 08:26 PM
[quote=supa29;1152276] Your'e that full of it your'e eyes are turning brown Ned.

I know who my good crew are ;)

hey deano your alright mate i d go out with you anytime mate im only jossin ive seen the photos of your fish mate. dont woory mate we still respect you but you always bite better than a hungary snapper hahahaha and i dont even need fresh bait to catch u

kel.....

Liberty
19-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Nice work!

goona
05-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Gee Lippa, How did you put up with not just brad but bazza as well. You are a brave man. You could re name him excess baggage bazza. Nice fish though keep up the good work

hungry6
05-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Those 5 million RTE have come to bear some fillets this winter I see. Last winter I was impress by the amount of small one, looks like you got first dibs Lippa

lippa
05-05-2010, 11:05 PM
hahah Todd, awesome pair arn't they! bazza was pretty quiet out there, concentrated on fishing an not being sick!, brad on the other hand, well we all know how annoying he can be!!!!

good to see a bit a size about them RTE, one of my favourite eating fish! they had a bite of a funny bite about them though, not the usual smash and grab that you would expect, and as the rat RTE do. kinda like a tuskie style bite. deano had the knack of hooking them. i reakon the rest of us dropped as many again.

Smithy
06-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Good to see you getting the Mclay wet!

Why are you thinking of a new motor? Interested in your thoughts there.

lippa
06-05-2010, 09:01 PM
just cause I'm a pedantic pain in the ass!:smiley: The Honda has been awesome, and would recommend a Honda to anyone. its just when you get into some bigger wind swell the vtec in the Honda makes it hard to hold a constant speed. for instance, at 4000rpm loaded ya looking round 18-19 knots, if the revs drop under, it also drops HP making you have to throttle up the next set then wind it back. there is no in between 4000-4500rpm, soon as you touch the throttle its at 4500 and 25-27 knots, which is a bit quick through that kinda sea. (quiet possibly just the dick head behind the wheel too!!!!:smiley::smiley::smiley:all things at this stage are pointing to a yammy, which apparently have more HP as well (162) i'm told. i'll do they trailer first, straight after winter, have the donk hopefully for next!!! still keen to hook up with ya smithy, just work and young family have me by the balls atm!

cheers

lippa

Smithy
07-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Put a foil on it. The Lazilas LZ ones that I run. $40 and if you don't like them, take them off and all you have is 4 holes in the cav plate and you are only down 2xred ones. BIAS seem to be the place for them. Whitworths only do the small ones for the <25hp sorta boats.

In the crap with full in trim and a heap of tab with my foil I can hold clean plane at about 10-11knots for 3,200rpm for 17 litres an hour which is actually a sweet spot as far as economy goes on my Yammie electronic gauges. 3,500 I am about 15knots and 20 litres an hour, 3,700-3,800 I am 17-18knots and 21-23 litres an hour.

Dean1
08-05-2010, 12:20 PM
just cause I'm a pedantic pain in the ass!:smiley: The Honda has been awesome, and would recommend a Honda to anyone. its just when you get into some bigger wind swell the vtec in the Honda makes it hard to hold a constant speed. for instance, at 4000rpm loaded ya looking round 18-19 knots, if the revs drop under, it also drops HP making you have to throttle up the next set then wind it back. there is no in between 4000-4500rpm, soon as you touch the throttle its at 4500 and 25-27 knots, which is a bit quick through that kinda sea. (quiet possibly just the dick head behind the wheel too!!!!:smiley::smiley::smiley:all things at this stage are pointing to a yammy, which apparently have more HP as well (162) i'm told. i'll do they trailer first, straight after winter, have the donk hopefully for next!!! still keen to hook up with ya smithy, just work and young family have me by the balls atm!

cheers

lippa Sounds like a prop issue to me. Go down one pitch will make it work much easier, you will lose some top end but will be much better when cruising..

finding_time
08-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Hey lippa

mate shoot Garry (Spaniard king) a Pm he'll can confirm this but i'm under the impression that the v-tec doesn't cut in until 4800 rpm. I reckon Smithys spot on put a foil on it!

ian

lippa
09-05-2010, 03:52 PM
cheers guys, researched the prop thing a while ago, gary suggested going to a 16p, but another good mate of mine who does outboard testing, opinion was to leave the 17p on it. 4500rpm is the mail i have on the vtec thing, but i'd near on bet my grandmother mine comes in at the 4000rpm mark.