PDA

View Full Version : mixed bag goldie 11th april

rosco1974
11-04-2010, 02:21 PM
took the young fell for a fish this mornin of the goldie,was an early start leaving home at 4,had the boat in the water just after 5 and headed out the seaway stoped off on a few shows for bugger all and headed straight to my trag mark,got to my mark and the sounder lite right up with bait with good shows in it,we both droped over and as soon as we hit bottom we where on,thinking you beauty good times to be had,we get the fish to the boat and it turned out to be bloody tailor,wouldn't mind if they where legal but they where both 33cm ,for the next couple of hrs we got tailor after tailor with the odd undersized trag thrown in to keep us occupied,we finally found a patch of trag and we both got 1 each,done a short drift and went back on the patch,as soon as we hit bottom i hooked up and it felt alot better than just a trag,after a 5 minute wind up arms burning i had it beside the boat,well it wasn't what i hoped for but it was a double hook up on trag on my line which had tangled with my sons line and he had a trag on as well,so pulled 3 trag up two 10ounce dropper leads up some 50 odd mtrs,the highlight of the day was when my young fella got the tuskie and a good flattie
we ended up with 2 tailor 35.5cm,1 tuskie,1 flattie,5 trag,4 sweep for the plate,2 white travally( bait) and 4 sargent baker also bait,was a great day out
cheers rosco
ps didn't worry bout pics of the sargent baker ,sweep or the travally

Scalem
11-04-2010, 02:35 PM
That's good show of fish Rosco well done. The photo, whether or not you used some special effects or not on the lens filter should be locked away as a family archieve to be remembered always.

marty+jojo
11-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Looks like you had a good day Rosco, and plenty of bait for the sandies.
Marty.
P.S I've been getting a few crabs up my way lately, no big catches but they are around.

Snapp.
11-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Nice one Rosco,
Looks like a superb day, And backed up with fish, Congrats Mate

Regards Matt

Kiwifisho
11-04-2010, 03:45 PM
mate a good catch was down on the goldie qand just managed to get four trag then got three mac tuna right on the entrance to the seaway would you mind sharing your trag spot as I just fluked it today cheers kiwifisho call sign Kotare

Haines620 Mu
11-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Nice catch Rosco. It's nice to see dads spending quality time with their kids fishing!

TimD
11-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Nice feed there rosco, all we could find yesterday was trag

Where did the tuskie come from, the 24's or 36's ??

cheers tim :smiley:

rosco1974
11-04-2010, 04:23 PM
was a great day out,

scalem,
got the fish on the mark i give u the other week,as for the pic fingers over the lens of the ifone:D

marty,
plenty of bait for the next sandy trip

kiwifisher,
will give u a couple of marks to try bout 12k out

tim d,
all the fish where caught within 150mtrs of the mark i give u,dont know what u boys did out there yesterday::) ,that much bait there,must of caught 60-70 fish there today,everything from 33cm pearlies to 34 and 1/2 cm squire,

haines620,
my youngfella loves fishin,only time he gets to go is with me, part time dad here

cheers rosco

dreemon
11-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Thats shitelaods better than we did ! well done ! we went out the seaway and sat at a few spots at 30- 40 - 50 depth, found some spots that looked good on the sounder but nowhere showed signs of life ? didn't pull one thing into the boat ! in the seaway it looked like the sounder actually showed fish,.

It was great just to be out there , easy day to travel, next time I'll try harder. . .

Great to be able to get the kids out there, mine "8yrs" still needs to overcome seasickness, is there a secret for kids not to get sick?

rosco1974
11-04-2010, 04:29 PM
dreemon,
my son's lucky he doesn't get seasick,touch wood,will send u a pm next time i am takin him out down there,do a tag along,i only use fresh mullet fillets for bait out there cut into strips
cheers rosco

dreemon
12-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Cheers Rosco, I'll be into the tag along for sure, Thanks