PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Bluewater

POPATOP 1
11-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi all, I have been following some of the posts in regard to Tournaments 2000 Bluewater and was quite surprised at comments made . Being a old F i decided to do my homework on all boats of this type. I found the 2000 Bluewater was exackley what i needed . So to that end i deposited the boat and watched it being built ,i took delivery last thursday before easter . I tell you i could not be more happier with this boat Note My decission to buy this boat came from talking to boaties who own one not people who think they know or have got there information hear say.

OPTI
11-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Another first time poster???glad your happy with it,and at the end of the day thats all that matters doesnt it,just to qualify my comments ,i have over 35 years boating experience and been a marine mechanic for 25 years ,owned 9 different boats so far and been in litteraly hundreds of different boats.i feel fairly well qualified to comment on the tournament as i said a good friend of mine owns one and ive been out fishing in it 4 times now,i actually find excuses not to go out in it now as with the current sounder it has its a complete waste of time,and having been out to the 50,s in it you get a pretty good feel for a boats capabilities.
like i stated good bang for your buck ,and a first time boater or someone coming from a 4.5 meter tinney would love it as they know no better.
for me its a broadwater boat in the same class as a whittney,not what id class as an off shore rig.
my advise to people in the 6m market would be to research and water test any boat before the buy ,and water test it in the ocean not just the broadwater.

FireFly
11-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Geez OPTI...very undiplomatic...what gives you the right to dig a first time poster?? With welcomes like that it's amazing Ausfish has any members!!

YOU SERIOUS??...you would really turn down a fishing trip just because the boats got the wrong sounder? Mate, you must be REALLY REALLY spoilt for choice. My Bluefin only has a 717 HB unit, not by choice, but it's what was on the boat when I got it second hand. I frequently fish offshore in my rig (albeit now only 4.5m) and do quite okay, fished Hutchies twice last month and bagged out on Squiry Snapper (Squabbies) both trips. If you have 35years exp how did you catch fish 20 years ago with the most basic of sounders??

POPATOP, give us some feedback after a few trips offshore.

POPATOP 1
12-04-2010, 10:09 AM
OPTI,thank you for your comments,however being a new member as you put it has really got nothing to do with my post,Firstly in my sixty years of life i have owned 10 boats being ,!xmustang /2xquintrexs/2x cruisecrafts/2xhaines hunters/1xseafarer.So to say i came from a tinnie is not smart.My first post was to question other posts which bagged the 2000 .Which i found to be untrue.
Firefly thank you, I certainly will keep you updated on my offshore adventure when the weather is a little bit kinder to us all.Happy Boating.

FNQCairns
12-04-2010, 10:46 AM
What was bagged? pretty broad statement and to help me make sense of the post, did you read the bagging before or after you bought your boat.

Personally i have a long standing belief that we humans usually make the final decision emotionally then look to justify that decision at a later date often taking offence as a result.

Other wise there would be just a small handful of brands world wide and only a couple of engine manufacturers.

each to their own pretty much says it all when it come to boats, oh... and cars most often too!

cheers fnq

business class
12-04-2010, 11:42 AM
One question i have for you Popatop? With the likes of the boats u have owned being Haines, CruiseCraft,Seafarer and so on, why did u opt to buy a Bluewater 2000? Was it a price thing? also did u buy second hand?

Cheers
Matty

POPATOP 1
12-04-2010, 01:39 PM
No ,i planed this to be my last boat . So to that end i beleive this boat to be the best value for my money.

business class
12-04-2010, 01:41 PM
If u dont mind me asking, what did u roughly pay for the complete vessel and what donk u get? 4 stroke?

OPTI
12-04-2010, 03:29 PM
OPTI,thank you for your comments,however being a new member as you put it has really got nothing to do with my post,Firstly in my sixty years of life i have owned 10 boats being ,!xmustang /2xquintrexs/2x cruisecrafts/2xhaines hunters/1xseafarer.So to say i came from a tinnie is not smart.My first post was to question other posts which bagged the 2000 .Which i found to be untrue.
Firefly thank you, I certainly will keep you updated on my offshore adventure when the weather is a little bit kinder to us all.Happy Boating.

re read my post ,i never said you came from a tinnie,i just find it ironic all these first time posters talking about the tournament maybe just coincidence.
as with the first post the op asked the question and i gave an honest unbiased opinion,its a forum not the bible ,im glad your happy with your purchase thats all that matters.happy boating

PADDLES
12-04-2010, 04:02 PM
gee wizz opti, it's one thing to be honest, but your post does seem a little on the attack. i'm sure your "good friend" would be none-too-pleased to know that you don't want to fish with him because his boat isn't up to your expectations and the sounder isn't good enough.

but ........................... i do agree with your comment that this hull isn't probably the finest offshore hull ever made, but maybe popatop wasn't too worried about hitting the shelf in it and just wanted to hit the bay/broadwater/inshore reefs. we used to have a freedom 620 which is a very similar thing (it was even lighter) and it was great for the northern bay and was a really comfortable boat (much like the tournament 2000), but i wouldn't have liked to been in it if it blew up 20 knots and we were 40k's offshore.

i think fnq has nailed it in one with his comment on human nature making decisions based on emotion and then trying to justify it. i mean, no-one in their right mind would spend $60k on a new rig and then tell you they'd made a krap decision ................... would they?

OPTI
12-04-2010, 04:34 PM
[quote=PADDLES;1151693]gee wizz opti, it's one thing to be honest, but your post does seem a little on the attack. i'm sure your "good friend" would be none-too-pleased to know that you don't want to fish with him because his boat isn't up to your expectations and the sounder isn't good enough.

sorry my bad ,just the last sentence of this op saying im just going off hear say made me qualify my comment.
my mate now understands,his boats short comings.it comes with experience,and its all a learning curve we go through,he is still happy with what he got for the price but realises it wouldnt of cost much more to get a lot better package,and he has quickly out grown this boats capabilities;im at a stage that i get too frustrated if a sounder wont read the bottom clearly ,or i get the crap pounded out of me ,and drenched by a poor hull design,id rather go dam fishing than go through that.
for me spending 60 grand on a six meter boat id personally want something better.

nigelr
12-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Purely out of interest Opti, what would you buy in the way of a 6 metre offshore boat for $60000?

Flex
12-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Out of interest, why are the tournament boats considered average offshore?

21deg deadrise in glass is above alot of plate boats considered "excellent" for offshore by alot of people here.

I realise deadrise isn't everything and the forefoot looks very blunt in these. Do they really ride that bad?

Also, why on earth would they run 18 degs on their bigger "bluewater 2250" models? and sharper in the smaller? seems a tad silly to me

I've never ridden in a tournament so cant comment.

OPTI
13-04-2010, 04:36 AM
Purely out of interest Opti, what would you buy in the way of a 6 metre offshore boat for $60000?
thats a good question ,honestly if i was limited to 60k id buy a second hand boat .i dont believe at present the current 60k line up would suit my requirements,60k is entry level nowdays.

business class
13-04-2010, 09:50 AM

Eden craft 6m offshore HANDS DOWN! there is a 2002 with twin e tecs on it.... $59,900.00 u even save $10:smiley: . U prob could even negotiate and get a few more G off. I could ramble on how these boats ride but do ur self a favour and go for a run in one. It will not dissapoint i assure you.

Regards,
Matty

P.S i do not own one either, so its an un biased opinion. I have a Hydrofield but if were chasing a single hull there would be no other Boat i would go for in same size.....

PinHead
13-04-2010, 07:11 PM
isn't the edencraft 6m just the old HH V19R?

FNQCairns
13-04-2010, 07:20 PM
yeah i think so, minor changes and a little heavier, the oldies are still the goodies.

Someone will know exactly.

cheers fnq

business class
16-04-2010, 10:40 AM
isn't the edencraft 6m just the old HH V19R?

Its actually quite alot different, heavier, stronger actually changed hull shape quire alot when u compare the too. It is a refurb of the old mould. I have been in many of the new design mono hulls in all different brands and IMO the eden craft 6m blows everyone in its class I have been in away in all areas, comfort, room in cab, ride, deck space and layout. If i was to ever go back to a single hull i would highly consider Them... Every boat suits different people but if u are after a 6m boat that goes anywhere and is safe, they are definately worth a look i believe.

Cheers
Matty

littlemac
21-04-2010, 11:11 PM
haines hunter 600r breeze

cheers

brett

OPTI
22-04-2010, 05:23 PM
the edencraft 6m is definately one of the better 6m off shore boats ,but it is more orientated at the comercial /hard core fisherman,it does lack some creature comfort,a bluewater 2000 buyer wouldnt even consider it.