PDA

View Full Version : Mooloolaba virgin

joshcarty
10-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Went for my first fish off Mooloolaba today. Got to the ramp and discovered I had picked the day that they decide to have an outrigger competition going. So after putting the boat in and trying for an hour to find a park I was finally on my way. Being a newby decided to head to the outer gneerings for a bit of a lash. Found a nice bump and anchored up on it and started to burley. On my mrs 5th drop she lands a nice 45cm red throat emperor. Great one up on me already lol. But to my surprise we did not land another legal fish off this spot all day. Heaps of undersized stuff and some good bites but nothing legal. Oh well next time. Anyways good day on the water, got something for tea and look forward to goin back for another chop once it cools down a bit and these snapper show up. Sorry no pics. still working out how to post them.

Tight lines
Josh

Ratman
10-04-2010, 07:13 PM
At least you had a chop Josh. I was working and it looked great from Scarborough. :'(

joshcarty
10-04-2010, 07:31 PM
yeah mate it looked good from shore but it was a bit sloppy out there with the northerly wind. good fun lol

Scalem
10-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Is that what it was? Never seen so many boats launching in all my life!

We went all the way out to the Barwon and caught your fishs twin brother + 1 Bonito. And that's all!! At least you enjoyed the conditions it seems..

Scalem

-spiro-
10-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Nice red throat mate. Usally them shallower reefs shut down around 8-9am then you chuck the lures out the back for a troll. I find get there 1-3 hours before sun up and burley up then try floaters first. Hope this helps a bit.

GPB
11-04-2010, 10:24 AM
There is a lot more traffic [and fishing] off the Sunny Coast since the Brisie Green Zones came in, the bedlum at the ramps is a sighn of the times:(

I'm lucky with a moored boat ;D ;D ;D

lido76
12-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Glad to see you popped the cherry mate. thats a nice little RTE shame you didn't get any more mate we'll hook up in the next few weeks and head out to the 12mile theres a few kicking around at the moment talk soon .
Cheers Brendan............