PDA

View Full Version : Full Bag Of Trag (Gold Coast)

TimD
10-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Timddo, one of his mates and i headed out from the seaway at around 3am last night with intensions of bagging out on trag. We tryed various marks and eventually found one that was holding good fish on the bottom, we bagged out in about an hour so we decided to head in closer and jig some livies, after getting about 10 livies we headed to the 36's to try and locate some snapper. We got to our mark at the 36's and the sounder was bare, we moved around a bit and located some nice shows on the sounder but the fish had lockjaw and didn't want our bait or soft plastic offerings. Tim made the call to head back to the 24's and try there, we fished there for about 30 minutes and heard someone on the radio mention they were getting spotties. We headed to mermaid to join the other 10-15 boats but only managed a small hammerhead on a livie. With no action after the hammerhead i said to Tim we should troll an X rap back to the seaway and call it a day. Tim's electric anchor winch was playing up when we were just about to leave mermaid so i casted in an X rap 30 and wound it a few times to watch the action of the lure, next thing i know there's a big spotty or spanish mack following it but it was a bit scared to eat it and swam off.

Thanks for the trip out Tim, and thanks to all the ausfish guy's that gave Timddo and i marks.

Sorry for the crap photo but i couldn't be bothered getting out my good camera and just used my phone camera.

And sorry if the report makes no sense at all but after 2 hrs sleep last night and a couple of ice cold JD's i'm almost ready for bed.

cheers tim :smiley:

rosco1974
10-04-2010, 04:29 PM
well done mate,hope they are there tommorrow as well as prob head out there myself,did u try the marks i give u,
cheers rosco

TimD
10-04-2010, 07:08 PM
G'day Rosco, we had a look at the marks you gave us but there was no trag on them, i think it was one of Mick's (Frank Grimes) marks that produced the goods. Good luck tomorrow mate i hope you slay a few.

cheers Tim :smiley:

Scalem
10-04-2010, 08:43 PM
I reckon you did well guys, Mooloolaba was new experience for me, never seen so many boats trying to get launched, went all the way out to the Barwon for one red throat and one bonito. Local was obviously the better choice:-/

Scalem

FISHAWN
10-04-2010, 10:01 PM
thanks for the heads up lads